Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Try II View Post

Michigan Tech and McKendree seemingly are open week 4. Not a lot of options when, guessing, NW wanted to keep that a home game (Family Day). https://www.d2football.com/opendates/
    That's my guess, too. They needed the home game and couldn't pay someone enough to come to Maryville.

Comment

Originally posted by GorillaTeacher View Post

Theoretically, Lincoln doesn't win a game, what does that do the SOS for the rest of the conference? For simplicity, we could just recreate last years records, I would think, and assume PSU beats USF?
      Using last year's results but substituting USF for Lincoln on Pitt State's schedule, PSU's SOS goes from .500 to .547, clearly enough to land them the #2 seed. The SOS for the other 10 MIAA teams rises slightly .505, which probably isn't meaningful.

Comment

Originally posted by Inkblot View Post

Using last year's results but substituting USF for Lincoln on Pitt State's schedule, PSU's SOS goes from .500 to .547, clearly enough to land them the #2 seed. The SOS for the other 10 MIAA teams rises slightly .505, which probably isn't meaningful.
        Thanks. So keeping them isn't necessarily going to hurt those that kept them on the schedule, which is probably another reason as to why they kept them on.

Comment

Thanks. So keeping them isn't necessarily going to hurt those that kept them on the schedule, which is probably another reason as to why they kept them on.
          Oh it definitely hurts them.They would be much better off playing nobody at all from an sos standpoint. But if you are looking at playing 4-7 team vs. An 0-11 team, the difference is pretty minimal.

Comment

Originally posted by libertybearcat View Post

How do you know that's what they did? If they just took the easy way out, why did it take so long to put the schedule out?

They only had 5 home games, so they needed to keep a home game, plus they got late notice from Lincoln...do you think they didn't try to work out other options? Their options for week 4 were very limited...it's not like they could move other games around. The way the schedule is set up there aren't any open weeks to try other options.
            I know that's what they did because NW us evil. I have it on good authority that they are saving their ooc money to build a giant poultry shaped death star.

Comment

Pitt got pretty lucky to find a good opponent on short notice.
              They set it up so fast that it makes me wonder if they didn't know the Lincoln announcement was coming for quite a while before it was announced.

Comment

I may have been a little harsh on NW due to my frustration of playing LU in a non con game. At least NW had posted an open date trying to fill it.

Comment

Originally posted by NWFanatic View Post
                  I may have been a little harsh on NW due to my frustration of playing LU in a non con game. At least NW had posted an open date trying to fill it.
                  Without going into details, they definitely pushed the envelope to make a very attractive game happen but weren't allowed to do it. Damn National Communists Against Athletics...

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
                    Pitt got pretty lucky to find a good opponent on short notice.
                    They set it up so fast that it makes me wonder if they didn't know the Lincoln announcement was coming for quite a while before it was announced.
                    How was Pitt able to ditch the Lincoln game?

Comment

Originally posted by Donkeydamus View Post

From all appearances they found a team with an opening that week that was willing to play at Pitt and scheduled the game. Don't know about everybody else, but there were some opportunities from other conferences within reasonable distances that other teams could have potentially scheduled a game with and didn't. From what I saw NW had a couple they could have, but with 6 road conference games this year it was basically a requirement to have a home game it appears the teams they matched up with a week 4 opening had the same needed home game situation.

Comment

Basically, USF had an open date, so Pitt paid their travel(speculation), knowing it was going to be a one and done probably wouldn’t have the opportunity to have a home and home.

Comment

Basically, USF had an open date, so Pitt paid their travel(speculation), knowing it was going to be a one and done probably wouldn’t have the opportunity to have a home and home.
                          Did Pitt have to compensate Lincoln for dropping the game?

Comment

Did Pitt have to compensate Lincoln for dropping the game?
                            No, they left the conference, everyone was afforded the opportunity to find a replacement or keep them

Comment

No, they left the conference, everyone was afforded the opportunity to find a replacement or keep them
                              And having a bye week apparently wasn't an option for anyone.

Comment

Lincoln ditched the whole conference, but had to give the miaa teams the option. Pitt was the only team who took advantage of that option.

I haven't been a big fan of the Pitt AD, but he got his ducks in a row and made this happen super fast. Great job on this one.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X