Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wow. to be honest, i really didn't expect to see anything close to 62 sign today. they kept a lid on recruiting pretty tight. i expected 28 or a few more.... im shocked at how...... yeh, were just going to let this one rest a bit lol. we'll see who shows up for the first day of fall camp.

22 transfer kids on campus and in the rooms right now....​​​​​​40 high school kids.

3 more 300+ lb olineman to push the younger guys we have and possibly plug a hole or two where weve lost 2 oline to graduation. gotta say the 6'8" 320 JC kid from San Jose city oddly enough looks like he can play right away. massive mauler but its hard to judge the dlineman hes going against. they used him to both pull and get to the linebackers equally. he doesn't look quick but you cant seem to run away from him. he looks like he has a 9 foot wing span. he had probably 15 or so pass blocks where he just flat out stayed in front of his guy no matter speed or size. he's going to be interesting to see. i would like to see him paired with kamon at right guard 6'5" 350 (lost weight lol)
    a couple of gap fillers on dline to let the other dline to move back to their more natural roles and backfill.
    again, 16 DBS signed. those dbs on the roster right now need to keep themselves high and tight. with this many signed, this was definitely a statement to the 20 or so still there. buchheit will be back this year so that leaves three positions up for grabs and 30 or so looking to fill those 3.

i can tell from looking at a couple of the guys film, they will never play a snap but these coaches can sell some dreams lol. it is also giving notice to those that aren't really TEAM guys.

​​​​​​​AD has the ability to replace you. your replacement is either on the team or on the way.

Comment

• Originally posted by jimbo slice View Post
      wow. to be honest, i really didn't expect to see anything close to 62 sign today. they kept a lid on recruiting pretty tight. i expected 28 or a few more.... im shocked at how...... yeh, were just going to let this one rest a bit lol. we'll see who shows up for the first day of fall camp.

22 transfer kids on campus and in the rooms right now....​​​​​​40 high school kids.

3 more 300+ lb olineman to push the younger guys we have and possibly plug a hole or two where weve lost 2 oline to graduation. gotta say the 6'8" 320 JC kid from San Jose city oddly enough looks like he can play right away. massive mauler but its hard to judge the dlineman hes going against. they used him to both pull and get to the linebackers equally. he doesn't look quick but you cant seem to run away from him. he looks like he has a 9 foot wing span. he had probably 15 or so pass blocks where he just flat out stayed in front of his guy no matter speed or size. he's going to be interesting to see. i would like to see him paired with kamon at right guard 6'5" 350 (lost weight lol)
      a couple of gap fillers on dline to let the other dline to move back to their more natural roles and backfill.
      again, 16 DBS signed. those dbs on the roster right now need to keep themselves high and tight. with this many signed, this was definitely a statement to the 20 or so still there. buchheit will be back this year so that leaves three positions up for grabs and 30 or so looking to fill those 3.

i can tell from looking at a couple of the guys film, they will never play a snap but these coaches can sell some dreams lol. it is also giving notice to those that aren't really TEAM guys.

AD has the ability to replace you. your replacement is either on the team or on the way.
      WOW, most teams seems to be around 110 on the roster, he just signed half a team.

Comment

• that’s a man chasing the worm.
        Go Bearcats!
        M-I-Z-Z-O-U!

Comment

• Originally posted by northwest missouri state View Post
          that’s a man chasing the worm.
          He who casts the widest net catches the most fish? They may all be guppies, though. Knowing UCO the last decade.
          Drinking a lot of tequila?

Comment

• Originally posted by jimbo slice View Post

AD has the ability to replace you. your replacement is either on the team or on the way.
            That is the message I got when I read about that. There is significant value in a player knowing that someone wants to take their place.

I have coached teams (albeit at a different level) where we were low on guys, team building was much harder with those groups, morale sucked, and the players were more uncoachable.
            Go Bronchos!

Comment

• Originally posted by GorillaTeacher View Post

He who casts the widest net catches the most fish? They may all be guppies, though. Knowing UCO the last decade.
              Drinking a lot of tequila?
              no question but with that many newcomers it won’t be for lack of effort on the staffs part if it doesn’t pan out
              Go Bearcats!
              M-I-Z-Z-O-U!

Comment

• Originally posted by UCObluejay View Post

That is the message I got when I read about that. There is significant value in a player knowing that someone wants to take their place.

I have coached teams (albeit at a different level) where we were low on guys, team building was much harder with those groups, morale sucked, and the players were more uncoachable.
                agreed. if you think you can't be replaced, what's your motivation for being on your "A game" every time you take the field. if you, as a coach, are soft on em because you're worried about losing them, you're not doing the team any good. (MY OPINION) the d staff stopped coaching them hard after the NW game. we went to hays, and it was clear from the first kick they didn't want to be there. 31 degrees and rain/snow, several key injuries.... we may as well have had our freshman and redshirts in there. after that game a certain person made a speech (loudly)and things changed from there. Washburn was a whoopin and i think the pitt game was probably the best game of the year to be honest. at least from an effort standpoint.

im looking back in this thread from last year and i think we picked up 16 DBS last year? i didnt look that hard really but i did see me mention that and there are only 7 kids left from the class 2 years ago. AD didnt have a bunch of time to get with those guys. i think he was hired just before christmas.

this class is clearly a shot in the arm.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                Working...
                X