• Time
  • Show
Clear All

sounds pretty standard.
    Go Bearcats!
    M-I-Z-Z-O-U!

Comment

Originally posted by D2Rover View Post

I've been to Frisco the last couple years and had some interactions with fans that left me sour on them - admittedly a few bad fans among a whole lot of fans that weren't causing problems. I know some other Montana State fans felt the same way, and I'd presume none of the SDSU fans like you whether it's fair or not. And a lot of NDSU fans think they're better than everyone (even if you've earned it) which rubs a lot of people the wrong way.
      What kind of problems? Did you have stuff vandalized? Did somebody say something mean to you? I'm legitimately curious.

As a counterpoint: North Dakota State Has The Nicest Fans In College Football - The Total Frat Move Archive

Comment

Originally posted by tony View Post

What kind of problems? Did you have stuff vandalized? Did somebody say something mean to you? I'm legitimately curious.

As a counterpoint: North Dakota State Has The Nicest Fans In College Football - The Total Frat Move Archive

All words, some generic "f*ck Montana State" stuff that was dumb but harmless, but also including some very direct taunting after touchdowns. It honestly came off as some people that had never seen an opposing fan before and didn't know how to act. I don't think it's the worst fanbase in the country (Sam Houston), but there's definitely people who don't think the world of them. Like I said, even if you've earned looking down your nose at everyone, it's still going to make you the enemy to a lot of fans. FBS fans love NDSU, the FCS fans I know (who even care) are glad to see other teams competing at the top. But my view could be biased from the fanbases I've been around. And I'll admit I've never been to Fargo.

I wouldn't draw much from the article, he's writing after meeting the ones that went to the championship game that NDSU wasn't playing in, those are obviously going to be a unique crew.

Comment

Their fan base was pretty nice bitd when they were D2.

I mean the student section says mean stuff, and heckles the opposing players in a family unfriendly way no matter where you go. That's their job, tbh.

Vandalism, and starting fights is where I draw the line, and I've met very few of those types, but every fan base has one or 2 when booze is involved.

Comment

Originally posted by D2Rover View Post
            All words, some generic "f*ck Montana State" stuff that was dumb but harmless, but also including some very direct taunting after touchdowns. It honestly came off as some people that had never seen an opposing fan before and didn't know how to act.
            NDSU fans travel better than any other FCS fanbase so they're constantly interacting with all sorts of fanbases. Just last year, I was one of 10,000+ Bison fans who went to Tucson to see NDSU take on Arizona... and, boy, did we get ragged on after that loss. :)

Anyway, you decided to make a blanket statement about FCS fans not admiring NDSU. When asked about, you switched your thesis to FCS fandom not liking NDSU's fanbase. And you did it in a place where there are almost no FCS fans to contradict you. That is, in my opinion, extra mild weak sauce.

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
              Their fan base was pretty nice bitd when they were D2.

I mean the student section says mean stuff, and heckles the opposing players in a family unfriendly way no matter where you go. That's their job, tbh.

Vandalism, and starting fights is where I draw the line, and I've met very few of those types, but every fan base has one or 2 when booze is involved.
              Damn southern fans.

Comment

That is, in my opinion, extra mild weak sauce.
                Tony from the top rope!!! I love it

Comment

Really? Which fanbases have trouble with NDSU exactly?

NDSU fans travel well and know how to have a good time. If opposing fans go to an NDSU tailgate, they get treated well.
                  You brought up the fans, not me. As for on the field, it's pretty standard for fans of other teams to want to see the top dog knocked off.

Comment

I've been to 6 Bison games, 4 were when they were D2. There good fans and I went to a tailgate game twice and was welcome. The are tame compared to corny husker fans of 30 years ago, Don't know if it is true, but I was told corn children bought their way out of a scheduled NDSU game.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X