Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MuleBall View Post
    Sr. Arkell Smith is the real deal at WR, but ZZ completes passes to 10+ receivers each game. 5'7" to 6'6" thrive in this offense.
    Arkell is a local kid who got away from MOSO because we had some really bad teams when he came out of high school. Saw him play back in high school and the last few years at UCM and he is very good.

Comment

Originally posted by Shanghai Mule View Post

Last year's starting quarterback, Cedric Case, is back from injury and he's no slouch. He would probably start for most teams in the conference. This year's receiving corps is a lot more talented than last year. ZZ is the man, but having Case as the backup is a big plus.
      He would be 4th string at Putt State, according to those Rubes.

Comment

Case was good, but ZZ makes that O go in a way that I don't think any QB in the MIAA could.

Pitt would kill to have a couple of UCM's WR'S too.

Comment

I think ZZ is better at throwing on the run than Case, but you are correct, UCM coaches have found the receivers the past couple of years.

I remember when "Bill" used to post here for UCM. That has been a looong time ago.

Comment

Originally posted by PSR View Post
            A NW/UCM thread and most of the talk is about UCM.

When was the last time that happened? When Bill S. was posting?

Are you sure "Bill S." is right guy? He only posted from 2014 - 2016.

The more famous "Bill" posted 18,000 times from 2000 - 2010.

Comment

Originally posted by Shanghai Mule View Post

Are you sure "Bill S." is right guy? He only posted from 2014 - 2016.

The more famous "Bill" posted 18,000 times from 2000 - 2010.
              Same guy, I think?

Comment

ya he left and came back.
                Go Bearcats!
                M-I-Z-Z-O-U!

Comment

Northwest will need to run the ball and chew up the clock to have a chance. QB Z throws to so many receivers that there is always someone wide open. I don't know how to explain why the Mules got so good so quickly, other than Z showing up through the transfer portal, a couple of new assistant Coaches and Case getting injured. Weird chain of events. They have always had the talent. This year they have the hot hand too!

Comment

I had heard that UCM was planning to play both QBs in the season-opener, but I don't know if that was going to be equal snaps or not. They found out about ZZ sooner than expected it looks like due to Case with concussion symptoms in that game.

Comment

Originally posted by NW Normal View Post
                      Northwest will need to run the ball and chew up the clock to have a chance. QB Z throws to so many receivers that there is always someone wide open. I don't know how to explain why the Mules got so good so quickly, other than Z showing up through the transfer portal, a couple of new assistant Coaches and Case getting injured. Weird chain of events. They have always had the talent. This year they have the hot hand too!
                      They run that 33 stack defense, and completely sell out the run.

Comment

ZZ is slow, but very, very slick.

Hopefully the NW D line won't overpenetrate and run right by him like Pitt did all day.

Also beware that he will flop like a fish if a defender is within 12 feet of him after the whistle.

Comment

Yes, he is very smart.

Comment

Originally posted by MuleBall View Post
                            Yes, he is very smart.
                            Definitely.

Comment

I think it was 2012, when NW went into Warrensburg and ran for over 300 yards with JF3 and Jordon Simmons in the backfield sharing the carries.
                              Last edited by NW Normal; 09-28-2023, 06:12 PM.

Comment

Was that the game-ending NW field goal game?

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X