Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transfer Portal (Tis the Season)

I hate the transfer portal. Be that as it may, the portal opens on December 4. I read that Oklahoma University is eyeing a kicker out of Midwestern State. Are any MIAA teams going to lose players to D1? Earlier in the year, someone on this site wrote something very profound about the portal. That is, it makes D2 schools the farm teams for D1 schools.

Only a farm system if those kids end up becoming Cody schraders… I saw a corner for ESU and the other QB for MOWest entered the portal.

Comment

I'm sure there will be some from several teams.

Comment

There is a rumor that that Jay Harris will enter the portal from NW

Comment

[QUOTE=GreenwoodBearcat;n801167]There is a rumor that that Jay Harris will enter the portal from NW
          He was just picked All Region….I won’t be surprised if he does but hope he stays put.
          One thing that might hurt his stock is his issue with fumbling while fighting for extra yardage.

Comment

How do you tell who has entered the portal? Is there a website?

Comment

Twitter sleuthing. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Rainy View Post
                How do you tell who has entered the portal? Is there a website?
                You have to hang out with Twitter stalkers.

Comment

I've seen at least 3 transfers from UNK that have gotten offers to WSC. Seems almost impossible to track d2 transfer portal unless you come across it on social media.

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post

You have to hang out with Twitter stalkers.
                    It's not twitter anymore you silly monkey...it's X....good lord get it right...hahahahaha

Comment

Originally posted by GreenwoodBearcat View Post

It's not twitter anymore you silly monkey...it's X....good lord get it right...hahahahaha
                      Yea but telling your wife you're stalking 18-22 year olds on X could get her angry. "Much" better if you cop to the same thing but say Twitter.

Comment

Originally posted by GreenwoodBearcat View Post

Just like prince was always Prince, twitter is still twitter.

Comment

Looks like Pitt had a couple of guys hit the portal.

Comment

Ok, I'll ask the dumb question here. I know the portal is relatively new, but has anyone seen the reverse where a D1 player gets picked up by a D2 team? For instance, now hear me out for a second, 3 players from Indiana University (Hoosiers) are going to the portal. Now, Indiana finished dead last in the Big10. How many D1 schools are looking at an Offensive Tackle from a team that finished dead last? i know it's a huge longshot, but has anyone seen any D2 success in getting a D1 from the portal? Did I mention that I hate the portal?

Comment

Originally posted by Pure cool View Post
                              Ok, I'll ask the dumb question here. I know the portal is relatively new, but has anyone seen the reverse where a D1 player gets picked up by a D2 team? For instance, now hear me out for a second, 3 players from Indiana University (Hoosiers) are going to the portal. Now, Indiana finished dead last in the Big10. How many D1 schools are looking at an Offensive Tackle from a team that finished dead last? i know it's a huge longshot, but has anyone seen any D2 success in getting a D1 from the portal? Did I mention that I hate the portal?
                              I think that was the norm for a long time. Our AA LT was at Abilene Christian with Dorrel. We had a WR a couple years ago that transferred from Iowa St. We have had several LBs transfer from D1 schools. You have been able to transfer down a division without having to sit out.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X