Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LakerDad

This one makes no sense to me. I only saw him one game - he was ok. What does he expect to find better for him that Pitt St?
    He'll go D1aa. Probably to AZ with Wright.

Comment

10-2 Cotyon Bowl Mizzou is even losing several players to the portal-what a cluster the portal and nil have unleashed

Comment

The portal isn't good or bad. It just changes the way college sports and fake college sports works.

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
          The portal isn't good or bad. It just changes the way college sports and fake college sports works.
          There’s some upcoming rule changes that I think will slow all of this down. Also think it’s just a matter of time before the “I entered the portal and no one wanted me and now I can’t afford college” stories start coming.

transfer portal is here to stay but I think the level of usage is going to decline.

Comment

Originally posted by Mule4ever View Post
            NIL is ruining college sports. Players not good enough for NFL or NBA will leave college without degrees and more money than I have earned in my life with a degree.
            ​​​​​​
            Damn you capitalism!

Comment

Kolbe Katsis in the portal.

Comment

Originally posted by GorillaTeacher View Post
                Kolbe Katsis in the portal.
                NAU bound?

Comment

Originally posted by Gorilla John 92 View Post

NAU bound?
                  Not as far as I can tell. NAU has been offering kids left and right, so you’d think Katsis and Pennington would get an offer of NAU were interested. Katsis did get an offer to Maine, though.

Comment

Originally posted by GorillaTeacher View Post
                    Not as far as I can tell. NAU has been offering kids left and right, so you’d think Katsis and Pennington would get an offer of NAU were interested. Katsis did get an offer to Maine, though.
                    Katsis has the size and speed. Spent a year working on technique and building muscle. I think he'll get lots of offers.

Comment

I agree. He is a weapon and could probably be a rotation guy in FCS, started at the right place.

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post

As long as he gets a lot of NIL money.....
                        Don't think they'll be paying anyone to come for a tryout... ;)

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
                          Exactly. I spoke with a D1 coach recently. There is no more looking ahead. You're building a team year by year now. Don't have the luxury to project and develop players 3 years down the road when you can get that player you need now and not have to wait for an unknown.

Comment

quite the dichotomy for a coach to navigate in terms of the portal & the developmental nature of the sport relative to elite talent. our 2016 team doesn’t exist in 2023, greisen probably transfers up, etc - i wonder how that impacts how a d2 coach designs his program. it has to impact the quality at the top of the div - i’ve been contemplating that in terms of hardings fortunes and the prospects of that system working in part due to the portals impact on d2 broadly speaking. idk if there’s anything to it - just thinking out loud.
                            Go Bearcats!
                            M-I-Z-Z-O-U!

Comment

https://apnews.com/article/ncaa-tran...24cec3cd6ab581

Comment

Stinks that NW’s 1st AA TB since X bailed after 2 years. Wonder if 7-4, no PO’s & the current OC had much to do with his decision.
                                Any word where he’s going?

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X