Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GNAC Future

Originally posted by MinnequaFats View Post
    One problem is RMAC only has the 1 week open for each team with the 10 game conference schedule. I know CO Mines and Mesa have both played Azusa recently. I think SFU may struggle to get home games just from the fact visitors would need to cross an international border and all that goes with that. Again, as a fan I would love CSU Pueblo to go to Burnaby. I don't know that Coach Wristen, President Mottat or AD Plinske would agree though. I do know the RMAC wanted to to an 11 game closed schedule until Western NM bolted to the LSC. I don't think it would happen, but I could see them possibly being open to adding CWU, APU and/or WOU as a football only member(s). I think the passport/customs thing would preclude SFU. That's my 2 cents. But I'm just a wanker rambling on, so probably all it's worth.
    I don't know about the wanker business, but a scheduling alliance with the four remaining GNAC & the LSC members sounds like a viable solution for out of conference games. I believe the WT Buffs play AZUSA PACIFIC annually as it is currently and have CWU in Canyon this coming season. Hopefully the Buffs can have future games with Western Oregon & Simon Fraser as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Whitfield View Post
      I don't know about the wanker business, but a scheduling alliance with the four remaining GNAC & the LSC members sounds like a viable solution for out of conference games. I believe the WT Buffs play AZUSA PACIFIC annually as it is currently and have CWU in Canyon this coming season. Hopefully the Buffs can have future games with Western Oregon & Simon Fraser as well.
      I was called a wanker earlier in this thread. Anyway, there are rumors of Dixie State heading to D1 which would free up another OOC week for the RMAC. I'd be all over some home and home arrangements with CWU, Azusa and WOU. I personally would welcome SFU also as I think Metro Vancouver is an amazing place. Not sure the the various RMAC heads would share my enthusiasm for it.

Comment

So our AD announced today at the signing day event on campus that the LSC and the GNAC will be moving forward with a scheduling agreement beginning in 2020. Supposed to be officially announced in the next 2 weeks or so. So everyones life just got easier in both conferences, at least as far as that goes.

Comment

Originally posted by tsull View Post
          I heard a bit about the scheduling agreement when I was at WOU. It's yet to be finalized. Here's how it is proposed -- again, don't take this to the bank, it's what I heard: each GNAC team plays 3 games vs. LSC schools. Two of those games for the GNAC schools will be on the road. Don't blame them, GNAC is the one in dire need here and I'm thankful the LSC is at least considering this. Round robin GNAC plus 3 GNAC teams is 9 games. One can find 1 or 2 more to complete the slate. Thank you, LSC, for helping the GNAC out throughout the years.
          The scheduling agreement for football between the LSC & GNAC schools is a great idea. I know WT A&M plays a couple of GNAC schools every year for the time being. I believe it is a great recruiting incentive too for teams to go to Calif & the Northwest every year for a couple of games. Whether the GNAC teams like traveling to Texas for games is another subject, however.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeTAMUC View Post
            So our AD announced today at the signing day event on campus that the LSC and the GNAC will be moving forward with a scheduling agreement beginning in 2020. Supposed to be officially announced in the next 2 weeks or so. So everyones life just got easier in both conferences, at least as far as that goes.
            Good stuff, thanks. Hopefully that will end the move up or move down talks or D3 fans suggesting schools cut football or other GNAC fans predicting and hoping GNAC schools dump football.

Comment

Originally posted by tsull View Post
              Good stuff, thanks. Hopefully that will end the move up or move down talks or D3 fans suggesting schools cut football or other GNAC fans predicting and hoping GNAC schools dump football.
              What is the schedule situation for 2019 now that Humboldt is gone?

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post
                What is the schedule situation for 2019 now that Humboldt is gone?
                CWU has not posted their 2019 schedule, but doing a little research, I know that SW Baptist is coming to Eburg, and the Wildcats will travel to WTAMU and Idaho. With a league RR, that gets us to 9 games.

Comment

Originally posted by Runnin' Cat View Post
                  CWU has not posted their 2019 schedule, but doing a little research, I know that SW Baptist is coming to Eburg, and the Wildcats will travel to WTAMU and Idaho. With a league RR, that gets us to 9 games.
                  Better chance to win at Idaho than EWU I think, but still a tough test. I'd love to see the Kingsville game added this season after cutting it last season, although I know the stadium situation caused that.

At least Dixie left a few year ago and is bolting the RMAC and not GNAC right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Runnin' Cat View Post
                    9 games- probably hard to find another but who knows what might open up.

Comment

• Re: GNAC Future

Originally posted by laker View Post
                      9 games- probably hard to find another but who knows what might open up.
                      They filled it up with WNMU and Ferris.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X