Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lone Star Conference Media Day 2018

Media Day is July 24, 2018!

What is your Preseason Predictions for the Conference? Preseason OPOY and DPOY?

OPOY - Adrian Seales - Midwestern State
    DPOY - Grant Aschenbeck - Angelo State

1.) Midwestern State - *Reigning LSC Champs* - Returns a solid chunk of their Offensive Starters from last season - Linebackers are the ? this year.
    2.) TX A&M Commerce - 1.) They lose Luis Perez and have to train a new guy. 2.) Until they beat Maskill consistently, I just can't give them the Nod (Natty or Not)
    3.) Tarleton State - Whitten has slowly been building a scary team. I would not be surprised to see them top the standings at the end of the season. Xavier Turner could be an OPOY.
    4.) Eastern New Mexico - This is a tough game for every team on their schedule.
    5.) Angelo State - How hot will the seat be in San Angelo if he does not finish in the Top 3? Grant Aschenbeck is a Top Contender for DPOY!
    6.) TX A&M Kingsville - I think that they could be as high as #4. Wilkerson IMO has a dangerous team every year, that a couple plays a game go differently and they are in the Top 4.
    7.) UT Permian Basin - This is year 4 for Carrigan, I think his teams pull out a couple of W's.
    8.) West Texas A&M - I hope I am wrong. They still have not found their QB and it does not sound like they want to stick with Houghtaling. Teams will continue to load the box until they have a threat at QB.
    9.) Western New Mexico - This offseason has sounded like a Dumpster Fire out in Silver city. Good Luck to the Head Coach!

Cant argue with that for the LSC. MW has been tough to beat in conference no doubt. Commerce has a goal winning the last game on December 15 again though and repeating as National Champions.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Re: Lone Star Conference Media Day 2018

This is just silly ;)

Comment

Originally posted by 08LionBacker View Post
        Cant argue with that for the LSC. MW has been tough to beat in conference no doubt. Commerce has a goal winning the last game on December 15 again though and repeating as National Champions.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
        As they should, Midwestern's goal is to win the last game as well on December 15. Rooting for at least one of our teams to be in that position.

Comment

Originally posted by Casual_Observer View Post

1.) Midwestern State - *Reigning LSC Champs* - Returns a solid chunk of their Offensive Starters from last season - Linebackers are the ? this year.
          2.) TX A&M Commerce - 1.) They lose Luis Perez and have to train a new guy. 2.) Until they beat Maskill consistently, I just can't give them the Nod (Natty or Not)
          3.) Tarleton State - Whitten has slowly been building a scary team. I would not be surprised to see them top the standings at the end of the season. Xavier Turner could be an OPOY.
          5.) Angelo State - How hot will the seat be in San Angelo if he does not finish in the Top 3? Grant Aschenbeck is a Top Contender for DPOY!
          6.) TX A&M Kingsville - I think that they could be as high as #4. Wilkerson IMO has a dangerous team every year, that a couple plays a game go differently and they are in the Top 4.
          7.) UT Permian Basin - This is year 4 for Carrigan, I think his teams pull out a couple of W's.
          8.) West Texas A&M - I hope I am wrong. They still have not found their QB and it does not sound like they want to stick with Houghtaling. Teams will continue to load the box until they have a threat at QB.
          9.) Western New Mexico - This offseason has sounded like a Dumpster Fire out in Silver city. Good Luck to the Head Coach!
          I predict Mitch Hood, 6'5, 200, junior transfer from Mississippi State will be the QB. I also think he'll be pretty good.

I think the QB of the future for WT will be Maxwell Perez, 6'4, 220, freshman from Austin McCallum. He is perfect for the offense. Excellent runner, good passer. RS this year, compete as a RS-F, and then it's his spot for three years. Watch his videos and comment.
          Last edited by BuffaloChip; 07-20-2018, 10:27 AM.

Comment

I look for UTPB first conf win to be over ASU. Justin and team are really pizzed off at ASU.

Last year was really ugly. ASU pulled back half way through the 3rd and started running the ball. UTPB put 8 up front and started playing to hurt our backup RBs. Think 4 UTPB players were ejected. ASU said "to heck with that" and scored another 30 points.

Comment

Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post
              I predict Mitch Hood, 6'5, 200, junior transfer from Mississippi State will be the QB. I also think he'll be pretty good.

I think the QB of the future for WT will be Maxwell Perez, 6'4, 220, freshman from Austin McCallum. He is perfect for the offense. Excellent runner, good passer. RS this year, compete as a RS-F, and then it's his spot for three years. Watch his videos and comment.
              I was only able to find Perez's Sophomore Highlights, but I agree he looked really good as a sophomore. He looks like a steal for WT.

Comment

I would bet $100 that if we finish in 5th in the conference, we have announce that we are looking for a new coach the day after the last game of the season. Football is the only sport on campus that is not competitive for a conference championship. And in turn a National Championship.

I'm truly conflicted because I really like the staff that we have. I think they are great people and help mold kids into upstanding young men, but I just don't think this group will get us into the hunt for a conference championship on a regular basis. There is no reason that football shouldn't be able to perform at the same level as every other sport on campus save men's basketball (but they are 1 or 2 years removed from a sweet 16 appearance)

Comment

I was only able to find Perez's Sophomore Highlights, but I agree he looked really good as a sophomore. He looks like a steal for WT.
                  I found some jr and sr stuff on Perez. He rushed for @ 1400 yds (8.4 ave) and passed for @ 1200 yards as a senior in a run-first oriented scheme.
                  Last edited by BuffaloChip; 07-20-2018, 03:45 PM.

Comment

We will suck again in 2018 and our D will give up 1,022 points this season.

There is no hope, all in lost, oh woe is us.

Maybe our O can score 10 points (our season high) against New Mexico Highlands.

Commerce will score over 110 against us on opening day.

It is going to ugly.

This is so depressing.

Nothing to worry about our Javelinas; might as well do a Humboldt State and sh!t can the football program.

Did I mention we will suck?
                    Last edited by HOGSVRR; 07-20-2018, 04:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by HOGSVRR View Post

It is going to ugly.

This is so depressing.

Nothing to worry about our Javelinas; might as well do a Humboldt State and sh!t can the football program.

Hey R, why are you posting about WT?

Comment

Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post
                        Hey R, why are you posting about WT?

Comment

LMAO, I would say you are sandbagging, but last season says otherwise. The Jewell game was brutal. I agree with Casual Observer picking Hogs 6. Not sure about Brokebacks being picked 3rd, talent was mia a lot last season. Addition of ex WNMU HC on defense may be a difference maker. Angelo showed they could put up a lot of points at times. Hung 40 on Hogs, 51 on WT and 74 on Falcons.

Comment

Originally posted by ASURAM2010 View Post
                            I would bet $100 that if we finish in 5th in the conference, we have announce that we are looking for a new coach the day after the last game of the season. Football is the only sport on campus that is not competitive for a conference championship. And in turn a National Championship.

I'm truly conflicted because I really like the staff that we have. I think they are great people and help mold kids into upstanding young men, but I just don't think this group will get us into the hunt for a conference championship on a regular basis. There is no reason that football shouldn't be able to perform at the same level as every other sport on campus save men's basketball (but they are 1 or 2 years removed from a sweet 16 appearance)
                            If Angelo State has a disappointing season in 2018, perhaps Kliff Kingsbury might be available to coach the Rams. That is assuming TT does not win the Big XII this year.

Comment

Originally posted by HOGSVRR View Post

It is going to ugly.

This is so depressing.

Nice to hear that HOGSVRR is bubbling with optimism!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X