X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Lone Star Conference Media Day 2018

Originally posted by Casual_Observer View Post
    Media Day is July 24, 2018!

What is your Preseason Predictions for the Conference? Preseason OPOY and DPOY?

OPOY - Adrian Seales - Midwestern State
    DPOY - Grant Aschenbeck - Angelo State

1.) Midwestern State - *Reigning LSC Champs* - Returns a solid chunk of their Offensive Starters from last season - Linebackers are the ? this year.
    2.) TX A&M Commerce - 1.) They lose Luis Perez and have to train a new guy. 2.) Until they beat Maskill consistently, I just can't give them the Nod (Natty or Not)
    3.) Tarleton State - Whitten has slowly been building a scary team. I would not be surprised to see them top the standings at the end of the season. Xavier Turner could be an OPOY.
    4.) Eastern New Mexico - This is a tough game for every team on their schedule.
    5.) Angelo State - How hot will the seat be in San Angelo if he does not finish in the Top 3? Grant Aschenbeck is a Top Contender for DPOY!
    6.) TX A&M Kingsville - I think that they could be as high as #4. Wilkerson IMO has a dangerous team every year, that a couple plays a game go differently and they are in the Top 4.
    7.) UT Permian Basin - This is year 4 for Carrigan, I think his teams pull out a couple of W's.
    8.) West Texas A&M - I hope I am wrong. They still have not found their QB and it does not sound like they want to stick with Houghtaling. Teams will continue to load the box until they have a threat at QB.
    9.) Western New Mexico - This offseason has sounded like a Dumpster Fire out in Silver city. Good Luck to the Head Coach!
    My rough guess.

Preseason Vote:
    OPOY: Adrian Seales
    DPOY: Markus Jones

End of Year Results:
    OPOY: Layton Rabb
    DPOY: Brucks Saathoff

Pre-Season Vote:
    TAMUC
    MIDWESTERN
    Side Note: Whichever team is voted to 2nd will have their fan base claim this is incentive and creates a "chip," but that actual effect will be negligible at best weeks into the season.
    ENMU
    Tarleton
    Angelo
    WT
    TAMUK
    UTPB
    WNMU

End of Season Results:
    TAMUC
    Midwestern
    Angelo
    ENMU
    Tarleton
    WT
    UTPB
    TAMUK (Maybe I am drinking Hogs Kool-Aid)
    WNMU

Comment

Originally posted by We-Are-Lions View Post
      End of Year Results:
      OPOY: Layton Rabb
      DPOY: Brucks Saathoff
      This looks right to me

Comment

Media Day is July 24, 2018!

What is your Preseason Predictions for the Conference? Preseason OPOY and DPOY?

OPOY - Adrian Seales - Midwestern State
        DPOY - Grant Aschenbeck - Angelo State

1.) Midwestern State - *Reigning LSC Champs* - Returns a solid chunk of their Offensive Starters from last season - Linebackers are the ? this year.
        2.) TX A&M Commerce - 1.) They lose Luis Perez and have to train a new guy. 2.) Until they beat Maskill consistently, I just can't give them the Nod (Natty or Not)
        3.) Tarleton State - Whitten has slowly been building a scary team. I would not be surprised to see them top the standings at the end of the season. Xavier Turner could be an OPOY.
        4.) Eastern New Mexico - This is a tough game for every team on their schedule.
        5.) Angelo State - How hot will the seat be in San Angelo if he does not finish in the Top 3? Grant Aschenbeck is a Top Contender for DPOY!
        6.) TX A&M Kingsville - I think that they could be as high as #4. Wilkerson IMO has a dangerous team every year, that a couple plays a game go differently and they are in the Top 4.
        7.) UT Permian Basin - This is year 4 for Carrigan, I think his teams pull out a couple of W's.
        8.) West Texas A&M - I hope I am wrong. They still have not found their QB and it does not sound like they want to stick with Houghtaling. Teams will continue to load the box until they have a threat at QB.
        9.) Western New Mexico - This offseason has sounded like a Dumpster Fire out in Silver city. Good Luck to the Head Coach!

2018 Preseason Picks

1. TAMUC NCs
        2. Midwestern Solid Program
        3. Angelo St They have home games against ENM, Tarleton, WT, & TAMUK. Any finish lower than this with this schedule I would say AD has the patience of Job.
        4. Tarleton Again Dark Horse, has talent as long as it doesn't go mia like last year. Defense needs to improve to challenge
        5. ENMU Will be difficult to duplicate last year Angelo St and TSU on the road won't be easy
        6. TAMUK Regroup year
        7. UTPB Inconsistent
        8. WT Who knows?
        9. WMNU Mulligan

Comment

Originally posted by Buff Fan 05 View Post
          Ok. Just never saw anything on the jobs publicly. I think Markelle Martin just recently left for another job.
          Markelle is now coaching at 4A Burkburnett HS. Just North of Wichita Falls.

Comment

So im pretty biased but i dont see the talent in Tarleton last year, and unless they influxed alot of guys.....

Eastern till 6 mins to go in the game led by double digits at Tarleton last year. I dont see this year working out much better for them. As far as angelo goes had it not been for the weather turning bad that game was getting real ugly real quick.
            I have fat thumbs sorry for typos!

Comment

Markelle is now coaching at 4A Burkburnett HS. Just North of Wichita Falls.
              Thanks for the info. I hadnt heard where he went

Comment

Originally posted by Boohaha View Post
                So im pretty biased but i dont see the talent in Tarleton last year, and unless they influxed alot of guys.....

Eastern till 6 mins to go in the game led by double digits at Tarleton last year. I dont see this year working out much better for them. As far as angelo goes had it not been for the weather turning bad that game was getting real ugly real quick.
                As for Tarleton last year, our potential never materialized into talent. If our potential turns into talent this year, we could compete for the conference championship. If not, we will be a .500 team again this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Boohaha View Post

Comment

Originally posted by HOGSVRR View Post
                    We will suck again in 2018 and our D will give up 1,022 points this season.

There is no hope, all in lost, oh woe is us.

Maybe our O can score 10 points (our season high) against New Mexico Highlands.

Commerce will score over 110 against us on opening day.

It is going to ugly.

This is so depressing.

Nothing to worry about our Javelinas; might as well do a Humboldt State and sh!t can the football program.

Did I mention we will suck?
                    This rant sounds like something from the old Hee Haw episodes, "Gloom, despair & agony on me, Whoaaaa", by Archie Campbell, Roy Clark & Company

Comment

1. Midwestern-They have Commerce's number (5-1 against ET) and get them at home for the second straight season. Lions are the ones that have to prove they can get over the Maskill hump.
                      2. Commerce-Natty aside, they have to win their conference first. The games against Angelo and Tarleton last year concern me, if Wilson is as good as they say and the D plays, they will be # 1.
                      3. Tarleton-Good Coach, improved program and team. Will be tough to beat and if one or two things go their way, could be in the running for the conference title.
                      4. Angelo-Could flip with TSU if their offense comes alive, because their defense is very good.
                      5. Kingsville-I think they will be better than most think. They will come to play against everyone.
                      6. Eastern NM-Hate to say it because I root for them, but I think the Hounds take a step back losing Kass, losing a feature back like that hurts.
                      7. WTAMU-Growing pains, but Hughes will have a better sqaud. If that QB transfer is a playmaker, WT may end up being a .500 or better team. They can run the ball effectively at times.
                      8. UTPB-They will continue to get better but still not there yet. Would love to see them get 4-5 wins this year.
                      9. WNMU-The coaching situation is just too hard, but they have good, raw athletic talent.

Comment

Lone Star Conference

POPOY - Layton Rabb - Midwestern State
                        PDPOY - Markus Jones - Angelo State

1.) Texas A&M - Commerce (13) 201
                        2.) Midwestern State (10) 200
                        3.) Eastern New Mexico 142
                        4.) Angelo State 136
                        5.) Tarleton State 130
                        6.) Texas A&M Kingsville 104
                        7.) West Texas A&M 73
                        8.) UT Permian Basin (1) 57
                        9.) Western New Mexico 37

Comment

How did UTPB receive a first-place vote? If they gave themselves the nod, kudos for the self-confidence, but they should have their water tested.

Comment

Originally posted by Zombie8myBrainz View Post
                            How did UTPB receive a first-place vote? If they gave themselves the nod, kudos for the self-confidence, but they should have their water tested.
                            They voted for themselves. Did the same thing last year....:bulgy-eyes:

Comment

Originally posted by Zombie8myBrainz View Post
                              I think their coach has voted them first every year.
                              Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink whatever comes out?"

Comment

I think the style of play on offense is an issue.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X