Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Lone Star Conference Media Day 2018

Originally posted by AngeloFan View Post
    A walk on @ Tech who was # 4 on the depth chart as a Soph. I am overwhelmed with excitement.

We could only be so lucky if he turns out like the last TT walk on to transfer to another school.
    Which QB is it?

Comment

Originally posted by Buff Fan 05 View Post
      Which QB is it?
      I am going to assume since the guys Avatar is Mansfield that it is Jett Duffy.

Why did he leave Tech? Grades? Off Field Issues? On Field Issues?

Comment

Originally posted by Casual_Observer View Post

If its Duffy, he has had both issues with grades and off the field activity.

Comment

If Duffy:

I've heard the kid can run but doesn't have much of an Arm.

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post
            Well the Rams had the POY at every defensive level in the LSC.
            Gave up 22.5 ppg (2nd).
            Gave up 4.6 yards per play (2nd).
            Gave up 3.4 ypc (3rd).
            Gave up 5.9 ypa(2nd).
            112.1 defense pass effic (2).

They did this in spite of the fact that the offense was last in time of possession (25:59).

They put up some good offensive numbers until you take a deeper look.

494.1 ypg but only 5.8 yards per play. They also turned the ball over 21 times in 11 games. They don't value the football like they should.

They should have controlled the ball and let their defense win games for them. Their tempo was too fast. Commerce only had 111 more plays than Angelo in spite of playing four more games. Midwestern State had 209 fewer offensive plays but ended with only 119 fewer yards. They're not efficient.

I just don't believe the high tempo offense they tried to run is a good formula for winning games, especially when the team has a really good defense.
            Valid Points. Too many turnovers by any standard. I always believe you either build your system around your talent or only recruit players to fit your system. HC has had time to recruit players for his system. That is why I said with this schedule this team has to produce. If it doesn't, then the AD is at crossroads as to what he wants out this program moving forward.

Comment

No way its Duffey. He's the front runner for the starting job at Tech.
              Last edited by WT_ALUM08; 07-25-2018, 11:04 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by WT_ALUM08 View Post
                No way its Duffy. He's the front runner for the starting job at Tech.
                Didnt realize that. Last I had heard about him was when that group of players was involved in an altercation at a bar this last spring.

Comment

Didnt realize that. Last I had heard about him was when that group of players was involved in an altercation at a bar this last spring.
                  Which is why I don't think its him transferring. If Kingsbury wasn't planning on utilizing him, that would be the perfect opportunity to cut him loose last spring.

Comment

There have been way too many discipline and conduct issues under KK. No accountability for his pet players. Another reason he needs to go.

Comment

Originally posted by WT_ALUM08 View Post
                      No way its Duffey. He's the front runner for the starting job at Tech.
                      I would have a hard time believing its Duffey with KK running interference with Tech alum $$ to get his boy cleared.

Comment

Which QB is it?
                        Last I heard it is the kid from Goldthwaite. He graduated this past spring and is coming here for grad school. Still has 2 semesters of eligibility. Got my information from Lubbock newspaper and a booster. That was three months ago.

Comment

Originally posted by AngeloFan View Post
                          Last I heard it is the kid from Goldthwaite. He graduated this past spring and is coming here for grad school. Still has 2 semesters of eligibility. Got my information from Lubbock newspaper and a booster. That was three months ago.
                          I just looked at Tech's '14 - '17 rosters and don't see a QB from Goldthwaite. Maybe I missed it.

Comment

Comment

Based on the 2017 roster, they had 4 QB's listed, three of those are on the 18 roster. The only one not listed is Nic Shimonek who graduated.

Comment

Originally posted by ASURAM2010 View Post
                                Based on the 2017 roster, they had 4 QB's listed, three of those are on the 18 roster. The only one not listed is Nic Shimonek who graduated.
                                Maybe, you got their Flag Football 4th String QB.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X