• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: LSC Men's Basketball

Originally posted by LionFan View Post
    Ever. Don't know if it's still there but he was unbelievable
    Best shooter you have EVER seen!

Curry, Allen, Kerr, Bird, Korver??? No, it's Grandstaff.

Ok.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeTAMUC View Post
      I m excited about this season. Lots of senior leadership, some great transfers, and we have a coach that cut his teeth playing in Connecticut. The play a different brand of ball up there and I think it will transfer well to the LSC. He is the equivalent of the hiring of Colby for football. I expect this program to rise quickly and sustain it.
      If he's that good, think of the ACU HC who lit it up for a few years, Grant McCasland, who boogied for the top asst job at Baylor at $300,000 plus a year. Ot the ASU guy who recruited a bunch of "questionable" recruits, won big for two years at Angelo, spent a year at Little Rock and is now pulling down $800,000 at Texas Tech. That was the plan of the ex-UTPB guy. It didn't work out for him too well. We'll see how Commerce handles the 5 D1/7 Juco transfer circus. Long term. It could be Knucklehead City. Or not. Roll the dice.

If he's that good, he won't be around for long. Think of the ACU coach 9 or 10n years ago, who lit it up and boogied
      Last edited by BuffaloChip; 11-04-2018, 07:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post
        If he's that good, think of the ACU HC who lit it up for a few years, Grant McCasland, who boogied for the top asst job at Baylor at $300,000 plus a year. Ot the ASU guy who recruited a bunch of "questionable" recruits, won big for two years at Angelo, spent a year at Little Rock and is now pulling down $800,000 at Texas Tech. That was the plan of the ex-UTPB guy. It didn't work out for him too well. We'll see how Commerce handles the 5 D1/7 Juco transfer circus. Long term. It could be Knucklehead City. Or not. Roll the dice.

If he's that good, he won't be around for long. Think of the ACU coach 9 or 10n years ago, who lit it up and boogied
        If someone moves on and leaves your program better than they found it then you thank them for their hard work... and early returns are good.

Comment

Originally posted by We-Are-Lions View Post
          If someone moves on and leaves your program better than they found it then you thank them for their hard work... and early returns are good.
          I agree about that. WT Lady Buffs have done exactly that. Bob Schneider wins 500 plus games in 20 years. Followed by Krista Gerlich for 5 years, who's moved on to a successful run at UT Arlington. Followed by super duper Mark Kellogg, who moves on to Stephen F (and I predict this will be his last year before a move to a Big Time D1), followed by Kristen Mattio, who's had WT in 2 Elite 8's and 2 Sweet 16 finals in four years.

Comment

Originally posted by We-Are-Lions View Post
            When they go the JUCO route, how are they leaving the program better than they found it? Look at UTPB for example.....

Comment

followed by Kristen Mattio, who's had WT in 2 Elite 8's and 2 Sweet 16 finals in four years.
              Do you think she's in for the long haul? I sure hope so......

Comment

Originally posted by WT_ALUM08 View Post
                When they go the JUCO route, how are they leaving the program better than they found it? Look at UTPB for example.....
                This is his 2nd year. He came in last year with zero recruiting and managed to get a win in the NCAA tourney. And he isnt going anywhere yet. Lets give him a minute to build the program. When you start winning you attract better high school kids, but the winning generally needs to come first.

Comment

Do you think she's in for the long haul? I sure hope so......

Yes

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post

Ok.
                    I think you're taking that a little literal....I wasn't talking global lol I was talking high school kids in person.

Comment

Take a look at UTPB's roster this year haha

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post

Ok.
                        You left out Magic J, Dr J and Micheal J.

LOL!

Comment

Commerce is playing at UTRGV at 7pm if anyone is interested. Free stream: http://www.wacdigitalnetwork.com/?bfplayvid=91828

Comment

Originally posted by JakeTAMUC View Post
                            Commerce is playing at UTRGV at 7pm if anyone is interested. Free stream: http://www.wacdigitalnetwork.com/?bfplayvid=91828
                            Lions down 45-33 at half time. I've seen a lot bigger crowds at LSC games.

Comment

UT Rio Grande Valley defeats Commerce men 91-84. Both teams looked pretty ragged early in the season (to be expected). Commerce has plenty of upside and plenty of talent. Obviously the team to beat in the LSC.

Comment

UT Rio Grande Valley defeats Commerce men 91-84. Both teams looked pretty ragged early in the season (to be expected). Commerce has plenty of upside and plenty of talent. Obviously the team to beat in the LSC.
                                I was happy with what I saw. Great work on the boards against a bigger opponent, and lots of shots missed for the same reason. Commerce looks like we will be able to get up & down the floor & put points up in a hurry. The refs were whistle happy.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X