Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: LSC Men's Basketball

Originally posted by JakeTAMUC View Post
    I was happy with what I saw. Great work on the boards against a bigger opponent, and lots of shots missed for the same reason. Commerce looks like we will be able to get up & down the floor & put points up in a hurry. The refs were whistle happy.
    It looks like everybody else will be playing for second place. I don't see how anybody can come within 10 points of Commerce. Maybe 15. Let's get that trophy engraved now.

Comment

Not LSC related, but did anyone see Duke vs. Kentucky last night.... holy crap! Go Blue Devils

Comment

Originally posted by wisdomgymrat View Post
        Not LSC related, but did anyone see Duke vs. Kentucky last night.... holy crap! Go Blue Devils
        Talk about playing for second place! If they stay healthy, they are going to be a tough out especially if Reddish and Williamson continue to shoot from 3 like they did last night.

They look to be the most athletic team in college basketball right now with a sizable gap between them and second.

Comment

WT announced an early signing, Zach Toussaint, Johnsburg, Ill. I met him a few weeks ago when WT played Southern Nazarene in an exhibition game. He had driven down with his mother. He told me he was a potential Buff. I asked myself, "For 2022?" The kid looked like he was 14.

Tuns out he's already scored nearly 1.500 points in two years. Made 91 threes last year, with 52 points in one game. So, I started doing some research. The local papers up there say he is a great ball-handler, good passer, and the best outside shooter is the state of Illinois. Cons: he's only about 5'10/5'11 and 150 pounds.

The nickname for him in the AAU travel team and high school ranks is "the baby-faced assassin." Ha! His full bio is on gobuffsgo.com
          Last edited by BuffaloChip; 11-16-2018, 02:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post
            WT announced an early signing, Zach Toussaint, Johnsburg, Ill. I met him a few weeks ago when WT played Southern Nazarene in an exhibition game. He had driven down with his mother. He told me he was a potential Buff. I asked myself, "For 2022?" The kid looked like he was 14.

Tuns out he's already scored nearly 1.500 points in two years. Made 91 threes last year, with 52 points in one game. So, I started doing some research. The local papers up there say he is a great ball-handler, good passer, and the best outside shooter is the state of Illinois. Cons: he's only about 5'10 and 150 pounds.

The nickname for him in the AAU travel team and high school ranks is "the baby-faced assassin." Ha! His full bio is on gobuffsgo.com
            No lie, saw the picture/article come up on Twitter and assumed WT had signed like a Make A Wish kid or something like that, then I read the story!

Comment

Tuns out he's already scored nearly 1.500 points in two years. Made 91 threes last year, with 52 points in one game. So, I started doing some research. The local papers up there say he is a great ball-handler, good passer, and the best outside shooter is the state of Illinois. Cons: he's only about 5'10/5'11 and 150 pounds.

For next year WT still needs to get a combo guard with some size/length and a couple of bigs. I've heard they're on some really good high school talents. I wouldn't be surprised to see them bring in one JUCO or D1 transfer (if they can find the right one that fits Brown's style).

The three freshmen they brought in this year are playing key roles. Qua Grant (Waxahachie) and JoJo Murray (Rowlett) are starting guards and are scoring mid-double figures. Murray had 20 last night against Lubbock Christian. They don't play like freshmen. The third, 6'4 Geddes (Fort Bend Hightower) is super athletic and getting 14-15 minutes a game PT.

For Buff fans, come on out to a game. The Buffs are a blast to watch!

By the way. last night's home win over LCU was impressive, 82-70. WT led by as much as 74-50. LCU got some garbage buckets at the end against our bottom five to make it look respectable. Buffs are 5-1.
              Last edited by BuffaloChip; 11-17-2018, 11:01 AM.

Comment

For next year WT still needs to get a combo guard with some size/length and a couple of bigs. I've heard they're on some really good high school talents. I wouldn't be surprised to see them bring in one JUCO or D1 transfer (if they can find the right one that fits Brown's style).

The three freshmen they brought in this year are playing key roles. Qua Grant (Waxahachie) and JoJo Murray (Rowlett) and starting guards and are scoring mid-double figures. Murray had 20 last night against Lubbock Christian. They don't play like freshmen. The third, 6'4 Geddes (Fort Bend Hightower) is super athletic and getting 14-15 minutes a game PT.

For Buff fans, come on out to a game. The Buffs are a blast to watch!

By the way. last night's home win over LCU was impressive, 82-70. WT led by as much as 74-50. LCU got some garbage buckets at the end against our bottom five to make it look respectable. Buffs are 5-1.
                I enjoyed the game last night, they seem more balanced overall this year. The freshmen definitely don't play like it. I was most impressed with Murray, he is really good. I was surprised Evans and Pennington didnt play more. Are they battling injuries?

Comment

Originally posted by Buff Fan 05 View Post
                  I enjoyed the game last night, they seem more balanced overall this year. The freshmen definitely don't play like it. I was most impressed with Murray, he is really good. I was surprised Evans and Pennington didnt play more. Are they battling injuries?
                  I don't think so. Grant and Murray are playing so good, PT for the other two is hard to come by. Evans is still a bit challenged defensively, hence his fewer minutes. You saw how disruptive Grant and Murray can be on defense. They had like 6 steals last night and caused that many more turnovers. Quick hands, quick feet, anticipation, and reaction. The coaching staff's got them in position to make plays and take advantage of their skills.
                  Last edited by BuffaloChip; 11-16-2018, 03:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ASURAM2010 View Post
                    No lie, saw the picture/article come up on Twitter and assumed WT had signed like a Make A Wish kid or something like that, then I read the story!
                    LMAO

Comment

I asked Brown last night when he started recruiting 14 year olds. He laughed and said he was a really early signee for 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by ASURAM2010 View Post
                        Brown and staff seem to find players that fit their style. David Chavlovich was not highly recruited out of high school. Actually, he was hardly recruited at all. Brown's first signee at WT. Worked out pretty well!

Comment

It looks like everybody else will be playing for second place. I don't see how anybody can come within 10 points of Commerce. Maybe 15. Let's get that trophy engraved now.
                          Ha!

Chip, you have posted near daily of how the Lady Buffs already look like an elite 8 squad... yet let a few excited Lions get to you???

The season is weeks old. Your Buffs will get a chance to prove Jake wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by We-Are-Lions View Post
                            Ha!

Chip, you have posted near daily of how the Lady Buffs already look like an elite 8 squad... yet let a few excited Lions get to you???

Im pretty sure I only said that I liked what I saw out of Commerce against a D1 squad. I dont remember predicting anything. lol

Comment

Originally posted by We-Are-Lions View Post
                              Ha!

I said we were a Final 4 team. Then our 6'5 starter post went down for the year with an ACL. After her injury, I said we were maybe a regional finalist type team. Without Parker, it'll be a lot tougher. I still see the Lady Buffs winning at least 27/28 games.

Comment

I said we were a Final 4 team. Then our 6'5 starter post went down for the year with an ACL. After her injury, I said we were maybe a regional finalist type team. Without Parker, it'll be a lot tougher. I still see the Lady Buffs winning at least 27/28 games.
                                :good:

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X