Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: LSC Men's Basketball

Originally posted by Buff Fan 05 View Post
    I was at the 1st half of the game last week at WT. Eastern was tough, they shot lights out in the 1st half. If the coach stays, im sure they will only improve. Their coach was annoying though haha, he threw a tantrum over every little thing or call.
    Hes an impassioned guy for sure!
    I have fat thumbs sorry for typos!

Comment

He should have got T'd up twice when they played WT. I go to 5-6 basketball games a year and I have never seen another coach get away with the antics he was doing at the game.

Comment

Originally posted by BuffTough View Post
        He should have got T'd up twice when they played WT. I go to 5-6 basketball games a year and I have never seen another coach get away with the antics he was doing at the game.
        It is eastern though, you know we can barely read over here so the officials take pity.
        I have fat thumbs sorry for typos!

Comment

Originally posted by Boohaha View Post
          It is eastern though, you know we can barely read over here so the officials take pity.
          It's LSC refs, pretty sure they just don't know what's going on

Comment

So far WT doing whatever they want and Commerce has no answers.

Comment

That was two tired puppy dogs playing today. WT wins 57-55. Coach Brown pointed out that both teams had no legs. 3 intense games in 4 days is tough. PG Brandon Hall had a remarkable 32 point game for WT and was named MVP.

NCAAs in Canyon next week.

Comment

WT will host #1, #4, #5 & #8 for both men's & women's basketball next weekend all at the FUB.

Comment

Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post
                  That was two tired puppy dogs playing today. WT wins 57-55. Coach Brown pointed out that both teams had no legs. 3 intense games in 4 days is tough. PG Brandon Hall had a remarkable 32 point game for WT and was named MVP.

NCAAs in Canyon next week.
                  I do not understand the failure to call time out on our end after the missed free throw with 4.7 seconds left. Would have advanced the ball to mid court, and that's enough time for 2 passes and a shot or get the ball to Reid and let him drive and create something. Mind boggling failure on the part of the coaching staff.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeTAMUC View Post
                    I do not understand the failure to call time out on our end after the missed free throw with 4.7 seconds left. Would have advanced the ball to mid court, and that's enough time for 2 passes and a shot or get the ball to Reid and let him drive and create something. Mind boggling failure on the part of the coaching staff.
                    I believe that only applies to the women's game. I could be wrong.

Comment

I believe that only applies to the women's game. I could be wrong.
                      Either way, you dont heave a half court shot when you have almost 5 seconds left and a time out in your pocket. Draw something up - every team has 2 or 3 plays to go to in that situation on an inbounds, but none on a rebound with the clock running. You get 4 guys moving off the ball as options for the passer and anything can happen. The coaching staff blew it there.

Comment

The Amarillo Globe News today reported that the WT basketball programs set NCAA DII history by being the first programs to both host the NCAA regional. First time both programs were #1 seeds in the region for the NCAA tournament.

Congrats to a couple of great coaching staffs and their players! And the foresight of the AD to hire them.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeTAMUC View Post
                          Either way, you dont heave a half court shot when you have almost 5 seconds left and a time out in your pocket. Draw something up - every team has 2 or 3 plays to go to in that situation on an inbounds, but none on a rebound with the clock running. You get 4 guys moving off the ball as options for the passer and anything can happen. The coaching staff blew it there.
                          The play by play for the 2nd half reflects that TAMC did not have a time out remaining. They used their allotted 4 at 9:21, 7:32, 3:24 and 1:18 on the clock.

Comment

Originally posted by ras619 View Post
                            The play by play for the 2nd half reflects that TAMC did not have a time out remaining. They used their allotted 4 at 9:21, 7:32, 3:24 and 1:18 on the clock.
                            Pretty sure 3:24 was a media timeout. Besides, Coach addressed it in the post game media conference and said he had a time out and should have told the ref before the free throws he wanted it on a made or missed shot.

Comment

The Amarillo Globe News today reported that the WT basketball programs set NCAA DII history by being the first programs to both host the NCAA regional. First time both programs were #1 seeds in the region for the NCAA tournament.

Congrats to a couple of great coaching staffs and their players! And the foresight of the AD to hire them.
                              At first, I thought that WTAMU would've been able to pull off hosting both tournaments completely by having the women's quarterfinals on Friday, the men's quarterfinals on Saturday, then both semis on Sunday and both finals on Tuesday. Then again, I hadn't factored in the availability, or lack thereof, of the court for practices. Hence, the split tourneys for both the men's and women's Regionals.

Still, that's a heck of an accomplishment for WTAMU hoops. Hopefully, that karma finds its way over to the football stadium sooner rather than later...
                              Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

Originally posted by ctrabs74 View Post
                                At first, I thought that WTAMU would've been able to pull off hosting both tournaments completely by having the women's quarterfinals on Friday, the men's quarterfinals on Saturday, then both semis on Sunday and both finals on Tuesday. Then again, I hadn't factored in the availability, or lack thereof, of the court for practices. Hence, the split tourneys for both the men's and women's Regionals.

Still, that's a heck of an accomplishment for WTAMU hoops. Hopefully, that karma finds its way over to the football stadium sooner rather than later...
                                Apparently, five years ago, the NCAA planned for this type scenario. Hence, the split regional. It's a good solution to a "problem" that never happened before. It actually helps the #2 seeds in the region immensely. They get to play the first two games at home instead of on the road.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X