Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: LSC Men's Basketball

Man, one hell of a men's basketball game tonight in Canyon. WT pulled out a 90-89 win in OT against Kingsville. It was as entertaining as any game I've ever watched regardless of level. The WT crowd really got in to it. I'm guessing close to 2,000 attendance. The place was rocking. It went down to the final second. Kudos to Johnny Estelle and his Javs for a great game. They shot lights out. They competed for every basket, every rebound, every loose ball.

Comment

Hounds are on a 5 game win streak. Much improved from last year.
      I have fat thumbs sorry for typos!

Comment

I couldn't belive that Western beat WT in Gunnison back in November. They just got their first RMAC win of the season to get to 1-18.

Comment

Originally posted by mountaineermagic View Post
          I couldn't belive that Western beat WT in Gunnison back in November. They just got their first RMAC win of the season to get to 1-18.
          WT couldn't believe it either. With two new freshmen starting guards, the Buffs were still learning to play together, shot like horses!t that night, and Western shot very well. I think WT should have skipped the road trip to Gunnison and chalked up the game as a win, since they were supposed to win.

Comment

Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post
            WT couldn't believe it either. With two new freshmen starting guards, the Buffs were still learning to play together, shot like horses!t that night, and Western shot very well. I think WT should have skipped the road trip to Gunnison and chalked up the game as a win, since they were supposed to win.
            It sounded like a couple of players from Western were sent home a few weeks later. If they're able to run and hit threes, Paul Wright Gym can be a difficult venue. In 2012, Western almost knocked off Metro State at home. Later that season the Roadrunners won it all. Western's coach received a technical- just deflated the crowd. Lost by 5.

Comment

Originally posted by mountaineermagic View Post
              It sounded like a couple of players from Western were sent home a few weeks later. If they're able to run and hit threes, Paul Wright Gym can be a difficult venue. In 2012, Western almost knocked off Metro State at home. Later that season the Roadrunners won it all. Western's coach received a technical- just deflated the crowd. Lost by 5.
              The home crowd, it looked like a good one, really got into it. No excuse for WT. They came out flat, played flat, couldn't make a shot all night. It was the opposite for Western. Hey, it happens.

Comment

Following Brown, Gove, Henderson down to WT has been the best! They got no credit for all they did up in Winona. Now they have taken a team that only had 3 players on it when they showed up 5 plus years ago to a program that is now a annual top 25 program sounds a lot like what they did up when they were at Winona. Now you look at that Winona program is it is the opposite. Best part about all of it though is they bring in good players who are also good people. I hope they are able to make another deep run again this year.

Comment

Originally posted by wsufamily View Post
                  Following Brown, Gove, Henderson down to WT has been the best! They got no credit for all they did up in Winona. Now they have taken a team that only had 3 players on it when they showed up 5 plus years ago to a program that is now a annual top 25 program sounds a lot like what they did up when they were at Winona. Now you look at that Winona program is it is the opposite. Best part about all of it though is they bring in good players who are also good people. I hope they are able to make another deep run again this year.
                  True. No one is less appreciated than a prophet in his own land.

Three years in a row now that WT has won 25 or more games. The last time that happened at WT was, I believe, 1939-42 seasons. The Buffs should win 30+ for the second year in a row.

Tom and gang are just great to be around and watch. Professionals all. The kids are good kids. No last-chance knuckleheads on their third or fourth program. I sure hope Tom and his family likes it here enough to hang around for several more years. WT pays well, has outstanding facilities, administrative support, and.......better weather. The downside is the travel. But, hey, you can't have everything!

Comment

True. No one is less appreciated than a prophet in his own land.

Three years in a row now that WT has won 25 or more games. The last time that happened at WT was, I believe, 1939-42 seasons. The Buffs should win 30+ for the second year in a row.

Tom and gang are just great to be around and watch. Professionals all. The kids are good kids. No last-chance knuckleheads on their third or fourth program. I sure hope Tom and his family likes it here enough to hang around for several more years. WT pays well, has outstanding facilities, administrative support, and.......better weather. The downside is the travel. But, hey, you can't have everything!
                    Enjoy the ride and the teams you get to watch during there time out there. I hope nothing but the best for that staff as I believe they belong at the D1 level but while they wait being at WT is great for them and for WT. Hopefully the energy and excitement the fans brought on Saturday can carry over. The run at WSU was not only just fun because of the team but also for the student body and city. I believe WT can be a even better place than what WSU had for fan environment if they can just keep getting more and more people to come but also be involved in the game. The talent of the players at WT is dang good. You guys have some players who can really play. Enjoy them because they are not around long. Many people forget in the moment how difficult it can be to get to this level of play and it doesn't always continue. The 3 year run for WT has been great and as long as that staff is around I think it will continue because they know how to do it and what it takes. They are only a post and a couple wings away from being right back at the top again next year with freshman guards they have. Fun times ahead in Canyon!

Comment

OMG....these Maroon glasses are killing me. I must get rid of this avatar. I am now having the desire to purchase Maroon 5 CD's. GOD help me.

This is ASU's WB fault. I will never bet on ASU again. Believe that.

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post
                        OMG....these Maroon glasses are killing me. I must get rid of this avatar. I am now having the desire to purchase Maroon 5 CD's. GOD help me.

This is ASU's WB fault. I will never bet on ASU again. Believe that.
                        Oh come on, you know you're going to buy WT season tickets. For all sports

Comment

Originally posted by Vulpes88 View Post
                          Oh come on, you know you're going to buy WT season tickets. For all sports
                          Yes, yes, I am afraid I am. 707.

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post
                            Yes, yes, I am afraid I am. 707.
                            No need to. I always buy an extra seat or two for each sport. You're always welcome .

Comment

No need to. I always buy an extra seat or two for each sport. You're always welcome .
                              Well there you go. Enjoy cheering on your beloved Buffs.

Comment

Might take you up on that Sir.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X