Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: LSC Men's Basketball

Originally posted by ASURAM2010 View Post
    Good luck to West Texas, they've got a great shot of winning the whole darn thing. Put on for the LSC!
    I don't know a ton about the other conferences in the country, but I can't believe that there is a better conference top to bottom in every sport that the LSC offers. Seems we always have a regional finalist or national tournament competitor in every sport every year. Getting out of the LSC is one of the more difficult tasks in D2 sports in my opinion! The heartland is about to find that out the hard way.
    I just wish some of them played football....
    I have fat thumbs sorry for typos!

Comment

Originally posted by TexanFan View Post
      If this has been posted then sorry for the repost, MSU-Texas HC Nelson Haggerty has resigned.

https://msumustangs.com/news/2019/3/...all-coach.aspx

Mustangs have had a really bad three year run.
      When Haggerty lost his assistant to be HC at ENM, his program nose-dived. Recruited talent dropped off.
      Last edited by BuffaloChip; 03-21-2019, 12:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post
        When Haggerty lost his assistant to be HC at ENM, his program nose-dived. Recruited talent dropped off.
        And easterns went way up!

Comment

Are the ncaa quarterfinals going to be streamed? Maybe broadcast?
          ]

Comment

Quarter Finals are on NCAA.com (streaming)
            Final Four is on CBS sports
            D2 Championship is on regular CBS(Nationwide)

Comment

Originally posted by Boohaha View Post
              And easterns went way up!
              Ya think?

Comment

Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post
                Ya think?
                Very much so. Like someone said Our biggest problem is keep our coaches.

Comment

WT has added a few more for next year. Looks like that will be be 6 incoming freshmen for next year. It will be a really young team.

https://gobuffsgo.com/news/2019/5/14...n-with-wt.aspx

Comment

Originally posted by Buff Fan 05 View Post
                    WT has added a few more for next year. Looks like that will be be 6 incoming freshmen for next year. It will be a really young team.

Y`all will be fine with those 2 guards running the show. They were impressive freshmen last season.

Comment

Originally posted by Buff Fan 05 View Post

Coach told me they expect each of the freshmen, in their own way, to be contributors next season. If they're only close to as good as this year's freshmen, Grant and Murray, they will. You've got to trust Brown and his coaching staff when it comes to evaluating and signing good players. The proof is in the pudding. I'm told to expect a couple more signees somewhere down the road.

Coach also told me a joke. He said Quincy Henderson was recently at a JUCO tournament and everyone asked him if he was lost. With 6 HS kids signed and no upper class transfers.....well, you get it.

Comment

I just finished watching every highlight video I could find on the 4 HS recruits announced today by WT. I don't know how Tom Brown and his coaches do it. Wow! He got some more good ones! I especially like the 6'6 Aussie kid, Blankely. He can post up, shoot the three, block shots, handles the ball like a guard. Very impressive. 6'3 JT Warren, Waxahachie guard, can drain the three. He was a teammate of Qua Grant. Kavon Booker, 6'6, has a good frame. Let him mature, add 20 lbs of muscle and he'll be a strong inside kid. Cameron Bell is a tough, true PG that has all the PG skills you'd look for. I see two or three of these guys getting plenty PT by mid-season, in the rotation. Especially Blankley, the Aussie.

Don't forget the stone-cold shooter, the baby-faced assassin, Zach Toussaint, and the strong kid from Nazareth, Nick Gerber. If the Buffs get two more as good or better than this bunch, it'll be double thick icing on the cake. Maybe a D1 post transfer, a 1 year kid who'll fit in and either a JUCO or another HS kid.

Buffs may be very young next year, but they will also be very talented. My wife came running into the room to see what I was yelling about as I watched a couple of these kids!
                        Last edited by BuffaloChip; 05-14-2019, 08:17 PM.

Comment

Went by the FUB center today to get my VB tickets. Saw John Brown, our newest Buff, shooting some baskets.
                          At 6'10" the kid can knock down the three. As a transfer from Texas A&M, he will be a Jr. next year.
                          I think Coach Brown has one more spot to fill. John is taking summer classes, has a really good shot.

Comment

This one too, obviously.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X