Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Buff Fan 05 View Post

Lol. Well at least we learned our 1's are better than Tarleton's 2's.
    I agree. 12 yards of total offense the 1st half and 105 yards the 2nd half. Your kicking and special teams play is better. We will have to address the kicking game if we expect to win close games.

Comment

• Originally posted by WT_ALUM08 View Post

Who on here was whining about him running the score up? I think all WT fans realized before the game even started that the end result would most likely be that way.
      Wasn't directed at WT. Directed toward the Maskill hate, i can see how that got confused with the actual game being discussed on the thread.

Hence the quote in the orignial post.
      Last edited by Casual_Observer; 09-24-2019, 08:42 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Casual_Observer View Post

Maskill typically puts in his 2nd string in the mid 3rd/late 3rd Qtr. A few records were set by guys who were 2nd string freshman in these big blowouts. (Jake Glover to Vernon Johnson 99 against ACU, pop slant to get off the goaline)

I think sometimes you have to realize that maybe your team was just that bad that you couldnt stop our 2's...maybe even our cheerleaders.

I think we will take a couple lumps this season...the Tarleton game may be just as bad as the WT games but you wont see us whining on the board about the coach running up the score. It will be about why we couldnt stop them.

Rant over haha
        Maskill is the king of "if you don't want me to score then stop me"

He is a good coach x's and o's and Im sure for his players they love him, but he hasn't done much as an ambassador of the sport.

I have fat thumbs sorry for typos!

Comment

• Originally posted by Boohaha View Post

Maskill is the king of "if you don't want me to score then stop me"

He is a good coach x's and o's and Im sure for his players they love him, but he hasn't done much as an ambassador of the sport.

Comment

• No team or coach likes to be throttled by any opponent, be it conference or non-conference.I think and agree with boohaha that out of respect for other teams and coaches use a little common sense and dont try to intentionally waylay the other team by running up the score.

Comment

• Originally posted by Seinfeld View Post

I agree. 12 yards of total offense the 1st half and 105 yards the 2nd half. Your kicking and special teams play is better. We will have to address the kicking game if we expect to win close games.
              Hey I just realized WT scored their 4th TD against the Tarleton 1st team defense. We are going to the super bowl now, just watch.

On a serious note, your kicker sucks. You will need those points in the playoffs

Comment

• I had a Tarleton alum tell me today that when the two teams walked on the field you could tell WT was in trouble. Looked like the 9th grade B team versus AAAAAA D1 premier program. Apples and oranges.

Also the big word he said around campus last weekend was regarding FCS. Lots of buzz about it. Is there anything new on that front that hasn't been discussed here?

Comment

I had a Tarleton alum tell me today that when the two teams walked on the field you could tell WT was in trouble. Looked like the 9th grade B team versus AAAAAA D1 premier program. Apples and oranges.

Also the big word he said around campus last weekend was regarding FCS. Lots of buzz about it. Is there anything new on that front that hasn't been discussed here?
                  Plenty of inflated attendance numbers to appeal to FCS! :-D

Comment

I had a Tarleton alum tell me today that when the two teams walked on the field you could tell WT was in trouble. Looked like the 9th grade B team versus AAAAAA D1 premier program. Apples and oranges.

FCS move for Tarleton and WT are legitimate and being discussed currently.

Comment

Which means TAMUK might look like the Little Giants when we play them.

Time to dust of the "Annexation of Puerto Rico" out of the playbook.

Comment

• I will give more info on the FCS move after a particular meeting occurs in the next week.

Comment

• Originally posted by wisdomgymrat View Post
                          I will give more info on the FCS move after a particular meeting occurs in the next week.
                          Wt is not going anywhere. Remember we've been down that road.
                          The Great White Buffalo has Returned

Comment

• Originally posted by wisdomgymrat View Post

FCS move for Tarleton and WT are legitimate and being discussed currently.
                            When you actually look at FCS schools as a whole WT and Tarleton would be an upgrade to a lot of Conferences including the Southland. I guess the WAC would rather collapse than add FCS football.

Comment

• When the WAC comes a knocking for both WT and TSU while adding football... I will come on here and tell you that I told you so.

Comment

• Originally posted by Techster88 View Post

When you actually look at FCS schools as a whole WT and Tarleton would be an upgrade to a lot of Conferences including the Southland. I guess the WAC would rather collapse than add FCS football.
                                Yep! BUT, the WAC isn't the one that is going to dissolve though....

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X