Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by wisdomgymrat View Post
    When the WAC comes a knocking for both WT and TSU while adding football... I will come on here and tell you that I told you so.
    I can see the WAC making that call. When the WAC calls the answer will be "No thanks"
    The Great White Buffalo has Returned

Comment

FCS move for Tarleton and WT are legitimate and being discussed currently.
      We are still not sure we have the right coaching staff to be successful in D2 let alone FCS. I still hope Hughes will be the guy, but he's running out of time.

Tarleton would do well in FCS right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Great White Buffalo View Post

I can see the WAC making that call. When the WAC calls the answer will be "No thanks"
        Of course.

Comment

Yep! BUT, the WAC isn't the one that is going to dissolve though....
          Are you suggesting the SLC is going to dissolve?

Comment

• Originally posted by gruesome View Post

Are you suggesting the SLC is going to dissolve?
            I could see the Southland splitting in two. Commissioner and his cohort right hand man blow roses and wine outwardly but inwardly their is a lot of discord. Too many have nots in that Conference.

Comment

• Originally posted by Techster88 View Post

I could see the Southland splitting in two. Commissioner and his cohort right hand man blow roses and wine outwardly but inwardly their is a lot of discord. Too many have nots in that Conference.
              This is what I foresee as well. The Louisiana schools are circling the drain. It will be like the Big East was, and the Texas Schools will simply form their own conference, while taking the name with them, leaving the Louisiana schools in the cold (And possibly UCA). They will then add some D2 (Tarleton, WT, Commerce) to fill in the gaps. This might also force Kingsville to revisit the merger issue with TAMUCC. That then brings all of the Aggie mothership football schools still together under one roof.

Comment

• Originally posted by WT_ALUM08 View Post

This is what I foresee as well. The Louisiana schools are circling the drain. It will be like the Big East was, and the Texas Schools will simply form their own conference, while taking the name with them, leaving the Louisiana schools in the cold (And possibly UCA). They will then add some D2 (Tarleton, WT, Commerce) to fill in the gaps. This might also force Kingsville to revisit the merger issue with TAMUCC. That then brings all of the Aggie mothership football schools still together under one roof.
                Probably an accurate assessment. UCA deserves to be kept with the Texas schools as they are competitive in most sports and have pretty decent facilities. McNeese would be a possible keeper as well, but I'm not sure what their financial situation is compared to the rest of the Louisiana schools. It would make sense that Tarleton, WT, and ETSU would stick together to retain those traditional rivalries. If that were to happen, it would basically be the old Lone Star Conference back together again.

Comment

• What happens to MSU TX in this situation
                  ]

Comment

• Commerce will not even consider moving to D! anytime soon. If all this other stuff happens, we wont be part of it.

Comment

• Originally posted by WT_TKW View Post

We are still not sure we have the right coaching staff to be successful in D2 let alone FCS. I still hope Hughes will be the guy, but he's running out of time.

Tarleton would do well in FCS right now.
                      The only place he is running out of time on is this D2 Board.

Comment

• Originally posted by OldTimeBuffFan View Post
                        What happens to MSU TX in this situation
                        Who cares?

JK

A&M BOR are full steam on TSU going D1... WT will be brought in as well. Not sure about Commerce. Tarleton offers an A&M footprint in Fort Worth and the ever expanding Tarrant county metro mess.

Southland is going down ... WAC will pick up football and start adding teams.

Comment

• I care about all the west texas and nm d2 and d3 colleges and universities. Many of my family have attended MSU, WT, LCU, McM and Eastern. Dont want any of these great schools to be suckling on the last teet.
                          ]

Comment

• Originally posted by ras619 View Post

The only place he is running out of time on is this D2 Board.
                            Last edited by Techster88; 09-25-2019, 04:48 PM.

Comment

• Techster - being such an expert on everything I am surprised you can't interpret a simple comment correctly. I did not say anything about anyone fighting to keep the HC.

Comment

• Originally posted by ras619 View Post
                                Techster - being such an expert on everything I am surprised you can't interpret a simple comment correctly. I did not say anything about anyone fighting to keep the HC.
                                You my friend are the one who misinterpreted. WTK stated that Hughes may be running out of time to right the ship. You said only place he was running out of time was on the board.

i simply stated that if Hughes was in jeopardy that Tarleton fans had a vested interest to keep him on and should fight or persuade the brass at WT that he is the right fit so they can continue to ring his bell.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X