X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by wisdomgymrat View Post

Who cares?

JK

A&M BOR are full steam on TSU going D1... WT will be brought in as well. Not sure about Commerce. Tarleton offers an A&M footprint in Fort Worth and the ever expanding Tarrant county metro mess.

Southland is going down ... WAC will pick up football and start adding teams.

Comment

• Comment

• This post is starting to sound like the republicans and the dumbcrats. PIck it up or move on to something else.

Comment

Southland is going down ... WAC will pick up football and start adding teams.
          Not that I don't find you credible, the theory makes sense. But we have heard this record so many times. What are you hearing that makes you think now is any different?

Comment

• Originally posted by WT_ALUM08 View Post

Not that I don't find you credible, the theory makes sense. But we have heard this record so many times. What are you hearing that makes you think now is any different?
            When you hear things from the mouth of John Sharp, new TSU prez, and others associated with the athletic department.... I honestly am not blowing wind up anyone's skirt.

Comment

When you hear things from the mouth of John Sharp, new TSU prez, and others associated with the athletic department.... I honestly am not blowing wind up anyone's skirt.
              In your defense I saw this from a TSU interview of new President Hurley

There is a lot of talk about you being the man to take Tarleton to D1. Is that your goal?

"Chancellor (John) Sharp made it very clear that in order for us to get the national recognition we deserve that we need to go DI. So yes, that's my goal, 100 percent."

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Meeting arranged in Colorado within the next week or two. Major shake up for small colleges like TSU and current FCS programs is on the way. It is exciting... yet... we are just now becoming a national power again in football. I would at least like to win a few championships before the move. Well, they better win it all this year!

Comment

Meeting arranged in Colorado within the next week or two. Major shake up for small colleges like TSU and current FCS programs is on the way. It is exciting... yet... we are just now becoming a national power again in football. I would at least like to win a few championships before the move. Well, they better win it all this year!
                      Last edited by Techster88; 09-26-2019, 08:00 AM.

Comment

• The WT angle makes sense as well as I know they were originally against the LSC/Heartland Merger and as reported by local beat writers threatened to explore other conference options.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by Turbonium View Post

Very competitive with a team many think will win it all? A lot are juniors if they didn't RS, most guys are going to RS as freshmen though. That ASU offense was soft, they had no power to their game. It was also 28 scholarships, not 24. That team you mention was also not built in 3 years, it had been building to that since 2008. This is comparing apples to llamas.
                            Yes, it is, but BooHaha is pretty much correct.

WT has more resources to build with than Wristan did. WT is an old established program.....CSUP was a start-up. NO WAY WT, with a WINNER coach, should take 6 years to build a top tier team. That's ignorant.

WT has to be more competitive against top tier teams. Ya can't get b!tch slapped like that. You do realize WT only scored against 2's & 3's, right? Otherwise its a 72-0 game. Nah....that's unacceptable.

Comment

• Originally posted by ASUPops View Post

WT has more resources to build with than Wristan did. WT is an old established program.....CSUP was a start-up. NO WAY WT, with a WINNER coach, should take 6 years to build a top tier team. That's ignorant.

WT has to be more competitive against top tier teams. Ya can't get b!tch slapped like that. You do realize WT only scored against 2's & 3's, right? Otherwise its a 72-0 game. Nah....that's unacceptable.

False Pops, the 4th TD was against the 1's. So we will say 72-7 just to make me feel better

Comment

• Originally posted by ASUPops View Post

Who said anything about 6 years? AND no, he's not correct in many things he stated, but we are used to that. :)

I agree they have to be more competitive, I just don't expect that to be this season. If others do then that's fine, simply not my expectation. Also, you know I'm not a huge Hughes fan and have always questioned how he'd fit in as a HC.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X