Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by wisdomgymrat View Post

Meeting arranged in Colorado within the next week or two. Major shake up for small colleges like TSU and current FCS programs is on the way. It is exciting... yet... we are just now becoming a national power again in football. I would at least like to win a few championships before the move. Well, they better win it all this year!
    Not saying you or your source are lying, but I'll believe it when I see it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Vulpes88 View Post

Not saying you or your source are lying, but I'll believe it when I see it.
      I completely understand and feel the same way.

Comment

• Originally posted by WT_ALUM08 View Post
        The WT angle makes sense as well as I know they were originally against the LSC/Heartland Merger and as reported by local beat writers threatened to explore other conference options.
        WT was always in favor of the LSC/Heartland merger, but dead set against the Heartland/LSC merger that the ASU president kept pushing. Had that latter plan I feel WT would have been moving.

I am not saying wisdomgymrat is wrong as to WT in his rumor mix, BUT as of today the primary individuals have indicated to me that (1) they like D2 for the competition, (2) not in favor of any D1 moves and (3) the D2 environment has seen better academic success than did the D1 years. If it happens so much the better (maybe), but only if it really enhances WT academically.

Comment

• Originally posted by ras619 View Post

WT was always in favor of the LSC/Heartland merger, but dead set against the Heartland/LSC merger that the ASU president kept pushing. Had that latter plan I feel WT would have been moving.

I am not saying wisdomgymrat is wrong as to WT in his rumor mix, BUT as of today the primary individuals have indicated to me that (1) they like D2 for the competition, (2) not in favor of any D1 moves and (3) the D2 environment has seen better academic success than did the D1 years. If it happens so much the better (maybe), but only if it really enhances WT academically.

Comment

• wt cant even compete in div II level. BIg mistake if they move up.

Comment

• Originally posted by limoguy View Post
              wt cant even compete in div II level. BIg mistake if they move up.
              Currently. Wasn't too long ago they beat Tarleton like we stole something.

Comment

• Originally posted by WT_ALUM08 View Post
                It makes sense why A&M has been focusing so much money on Tarleton and WT now. Just look at all of the construction on those two Universities over the past 5 years compared to the other system schools.
                Shocking University brass would not be completely forthright.

FCS move is good for Football, but bad for all other sports. If you care about the other sports competing for a national championship.

Sounds like Sharp more recognition for its little brothers on the national stage.

Comment

• Originally posted by limoguy View Post
                  wt cant even compete in div II level. BIg mistake if they move up.
                  Meh, WT is consistently in the running for Nattys in several sports. They are currently in a downturn for football, but both basketball teams are consistently national powers and several other sports are up there as well. I'm sure a WT poster can expand on this.

Comment

• Originally posted by JakeTAMUC View Post

Meh, WT is consistently in the running for Nattys in several sports. They are currently in a downturn for football, but both basketball teams are consistently national powers and several other sports are up there as well. I'm sure a WT poster can expand on this.
                    Wt is competing at the regional level in most sports. Football, Softball, and VB need to step up. IMHO softball and VB will be a short turn around. The jury is still out on Football. limoguy only attends two or three football games a year and none of the other sports - he has no idea about the rest of the sports. Both basketball teams should be elite 8 teams. Look for Baseball to make a deep run. Football is the only sport that is not competitive at this time.
                    The Great White Buffalo has Returned

Comment

• Originally posted by Buff Fan 05 View Post

False Pops, the 4th TD was against the 1's. So we will say 72-7 just to make me feel better
                      Oh...ok. 65-7 then. My bad. 707.

Comment

• Originally posted by Techster88 View Post

FCS move is good for Football, but bad for all other sports. If you care about the other sports competing for a national championship.

Sounds like Sharp more recognition for its little brothers on the national stage.
                        Agree. WVB, WBB, MBB, Softball, Baseball, etc will not sniff another playoff for years, if ever.

Comment

• Originally posted by Techster88 View Post

There really needs to be a Division for all other sports set up just like football for schools who want to offer more scholarships for those sports and play in a conference with more regionally or even nationally recognized named schools vs having to basically cede all chances of ever winning a championship in those sports. Rare exceptions are there, but an ice cube has better chance of lasting one second in hell vs most schools who play FCS football winning a team championship in the other sports.

However if the NCAA ever got smart and did this, they should allow schools the option to play up if they wish sort of like what DBU does with baseball. If they want to go get a check for playing in March Madness, then so be it.

Comment

• There's not a huge difference in the other sports...
                            Men's Varsity Sports
                            Scholarship limit per School
                            NCAA I NCAA II NCAA III NAIA ** NJCAA **
                            Baseball 11.7 9 - 12 24
                            Basketball - NCAA I is a head count sport 13 10 - - 15
                            Basketball - NAIA Division I - - - 11 -
                            Basketball - NAIA Division II - - - 6 -
                            Bowling - - - - 12
                            Cross Country - NCAA limits include Track & Field 12.6 12.6 - 5 10
                            Fencing 4.5 4.5 - - -
                            Football - NCAA I FBS - head count sport 85 - - - -
                            Football - NCAA I FCS 63 - - - -
                            Football - Other Divisions - 36 - 24 85
                            Golf 4.5 3.6 - 5 8
                            Gymnastics 6.3 5.4 - - -
                            Ice Hockey 18 13.5 - - 16
                            Lacrosse 12.6 10.8 - - 20
                            Rifle - Includes women on co-ed teams 3.6 3.6 - - -
                            Skiing 6.3 6.3 - - -
                            Soccer 9.9 9 - 12 24
                            Swimming & Diving 9.9 8.1 - 8 15
                            Tennis 4.5 4.5 - 5 9
                            Track & Field - NCAA limits include X-Country 12.6 12.6 - 12 20
                            Triathlon - - - - -
                            Volleyball 4.5 4.5 - - -
                            Water Polo 4.5 4.5 - - -
                            Wrestling 9.9 9 - 8 20

Women's Varsity Sports
                            Scholarship limit per School NCAA I NCAA II NCAA III NAIA ** NJCAA **
                            Basketball - NCAA I is a head count sport 15 10 - - 15
                            Basketball - NAIA Div I - - - 11 -
                            Basketball - NAIA Div II - - - 6 -
                            Beach Volleyball * 6 5 - - 10
                            Bowling 5 5 - - 12
                            Cross Country - NCAA limits include Track & Field 18 12.6 - 5 10
                            Equestrian 15 15 - - -
                            Fencing 5 4.5 - - -
                            Field Hockey 12 6.3 - - -
                            Golf 6 5.4 - 5 8
                            Gymnastics - NCAA I is a head count sport 12 6 - - -
                            Ice Hockey 18 18 - - -
                            Lacrosse 12 9.9 - - 20
                            Rifle - Includes men on co-ed teams 3.6 3.6 - - -
                            Rowing 20 20 - - -
                            Rugby 12 12 - - -
                            Skiing 7 6.3 - - -
                            Soccer 14 9.9 - 12 24
                            Softball 12 7.2 - 10 24
                            Swimming & Diving 14 8.1 - 8 15
                            Tennis - NCAA I is a head count sport 8 6 - 5 9
                            Track & Field - NCAA limits include X-Country 18 12.6 - 12 20
                            Triathlon 6.5 5 - - -
                            Volleyball - NCAA I is a head count sport 12 8 - 8 14
                            Water Polo 8 8 - - -
                            There is a bigger gap in more women's sports (Title IX)
                            Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink whatever comes out?"

Comment

• Originally posted by LSC Fan View Post

There really needs to be a Division for all other sports set up just like football for schools who want to offer more scholarships for those sports and play in a conference with more regionally or even nationally recognized named schools vs having to basically cede all chances of ever winning a championship in those sports. Rare exceptions are there, but an ice cube has better chance of lasting one second in hell vs most schools who play FCS football winning a team championship in the other sports.

However if the NCAA ever got smart and did this, they should allow schools the option to play up if they wish sort of like what DBU does with baseball. If they want to go get a check for playing in March Madness, then so be it.
                              Great idea. I agree 100%

Comment

• Originally posted by LSC Fan View Post

Been saying there needs to be a FCS division for all sports for years.

Furthermore, block P5 schools from playing them.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X