Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kingsville over Angelo 7-3. The game was tied in the top of the 7th inning.

I didn't expect this outcome but neither was I shocked. All the teams in the Regional are very good.

One thing I don't like about D2 softball is you have a conference winner, then play a tournament to determine the conference tournament winner, then you move on to Regionals, where you see mainly the same teams again.

Comment

• Mesa eliminated Angelo, 9-3 this evening. I expected Angelo to do a lot better in the post season, as they only lost once or twice in all of April and May until dropping 3 straight in the post season.

This has happened to WT as well. In the 2017 Regionals, we beat Tarleton, then lost to St Mary's 0-1. The next game we lost to TWU 0-3, a team we had defeated 3 times in the regular season by a combined score of 48-2. WT had a .371 batting average that year.

So, I am NOT making any cash bets on softball.

Comment

• Comment

• WT will meet Kingsville at 3pm. It's our 4th meeting of the year; I hope the Lady Buffs won't be overconfident because we won the other games. If we win, we get the rest of the day off. Mesa won't play tomorrow.

We had a tough time with Mesa in Canyon a few years ago. I believe Ashley Hardin hit a late home run to take the win. They were in control of the game with Angelo today from the start.

The NCAA is doing a poor job keeping the brackets updated. Maybe they will get around to it in the morning, We are on page 7. https://www.ncaa.com/_flysystem/publ...ckets-2021.pdf

Comment

• Commerce lost 2 games at OK Christian last month - both by one run in extra innings 2-1 and 4-3. Hoping for another great game today.

Comment

• We just got rain delayed til 300. Commerce up 1-0 in the bottom of the 1st.

Comment

• Originally posted by JakeTAMUC View Post
                We just got rain delayed til 300. Commerce up 1-0 in the bottom of the 1st.
                I see your game is now delayed until 3:40pm. I rushed home to find the WT game is delayed until 6:30, which is probably best case.
                Last edited by WT_TKW; 05-20-2021, 02:14 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by WT_TKW View Post

I see your game is now delayed until 3:40 pm. I rushed home to find the WT game is delayed until 6:30, which is probably the best case.
                  Me too, took off early to watch. Got some yard work done.
                  The Great White Buffalo has Returned

Comment

• OCU takes Commerce, 4-3, in a game that alternated between sloppy and tight. What was bad was the direction and camera work. The director liked to keep the rear camera on most of the time, so if there was a foul ball or a home run, you had to read that off the pitchers face. The camera guy loved to zoom in, but often was so zoomed in the rare times his camera was used, you couldn't see the play, plus the director switched so late the play was already over. So, as much as I enjoy multiple cameras, when they are in the hands of morons, it's frustrating as hell.

Comment

• WT gets 5 runs in the 6th inning to run rule Kingsville, 9-1.

If you missed most of the hits and baserunning, due to random zooming in and out of the cameras, you can thank the Commerce AD, [email protected] .
                      Last edited by WT_TKW; 05-20-2021, 10:04 PM.

Comment

• Wt is a winner. 9-1 in 6 over the Jav's

Wt is peaking at the right time, they are playing well.
                        The Great White Buffalo has Returned

Comment

• What the hell is going on in Commerce? Both teams have decided to start dancing just outside of their dugouts.

It's 3-3 in the top of the 5th. I've never seen players act like this during a game!

Comment

• Commerce just now eliminated Kingsville 6-5. I didn't see the last play, which was likely a fly out because as usual the camera stayed on the pitcher.

Comment

• Light rain falling in Commerce right now. Looks like we will get several waves of light to moderate rain all day long. I'd be surprised if the WT/OKC game starts as scheduled. Right now my guess is that things might get pushed back until tomorrow and Sunday.

Comment

• Originally posted by JakeTAMUC View Post
                                Light rain falling in Commerce right now. Looks like we will get several waves of light to moderate rain all day long. I'd be surprised if the WT/OKC game starts as scheduled. Right now my guess is that things might get pushed back until tomorrow and Sunday.
                                Thanks. I just tried to connect and it said "broadcast has been delayed." Keep up the reports, please.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X