Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WT_TKW View Post
    This game is out of control. 6-0 Commerce top of the first. Mook has thrown in the towel, as Greeson is pitching. Maybe game 2 will be better.
    This is ugly, not only are the Lions getting some breaks, Wt is playing like it's the first game of the season.
    Things will need to turn around or it's going to be a long ride back to Canyon.
    The Great White Buffalo has Returned

Comment

• Regional Champs!!

14 Freshman, the future is bright for the Lady Buffs
      Last edited by Great White Buffalo; 05-22-2021, 04:57 PM.

Comment

• Congratulations to Coach Mook and his Lady Buff softballers for winning the regional championship! I didn't expect this to happen when the season began (or even 3/4 through the year).

Kyra Lair tossed a great game, 3 hitter, ZERO walks, and 9 strikeouts.

Good luck next week in Denver! I wish I could go.

Comment

• Today was the tale of Emilee and Emily, both very good pitchers. Neither showed it today though.

The first game had Commerce warmed up and ready to go after a big win over OCU. WT looked like they had just rolled out of bed with their uniforms on. After the first inning it was a good game, or so it looked in the stats. I had to turn it off, but I did check the stats regularly.

Kyra Lair pitched her best ever high-stakes game. I really didn't know if she could make it through 7 innings, but she did. The Commerce relief pitcher, Hebler, did a great job in relief and got a nice double in the final inning. Commerce is a really good team that seemed to hit some bumps hard (like Tyler and OCU) toward the end, but fought hard to make it to the Regional finals.

Coach Mook, formerly of the NAIA, his 5 NAIA recruits, and a large number of freshmen have done very well for themselves. I think they are playing over their heads, but 15-1 in the last 16 games is amazing. They have far exceeded my expectations. Any wins in Denver will just be gravy.

Comment

• Does anybody know: at the softball Elite 8 are the teams bracketed by a predetermined regional bracket or are they seeded by the NCAA championship commitee?

Comment

• Great Day to Be A Buff!!

Comment

• Congrats WT. That was a tall order for Commerce yesterday. Otto pitched really well in game one but ran out of gas in the last game. Best of luck in Denver.

Comment

• Next up - the same opponent we had, and defeated, the last time we were in the series - Grand Valley. According to the WT website it will be at 9:30pm CDT. The GV website has a different time, so someone is math challenged.

WT had a bye week before the LSC Tournament. We were ranked #9 after 2 perfect games against ENMU. A week later we were #12 despite not playing. Even though WT has won both tournaments we seem to still be at #12. GV is shown as #13.

After some more hunting through the ncaa website I actually found something that's up to date. It seems WT is the #6 seed in the tournament; GV is #3. The game time shown is 7:30 CDT.

https://www.ncaa.com/brackets/softball/d2/2021

Comment

I'm really excited about the upcoming season. New coach Mike Mook sounds like a thinker, not a bully, and somehow he's managed to bring the bulk of his previous school's recruits, plus his top pitcher, and assistant coach..

I am very sad to report the loss of 3B/C Mel Huggins, who is now playing for UCO. She should have been on the field 99% of the time last year, but....

Great pitching should be the name of the game. Hopefully good hitting will be there as well.

The roster is very youthful. Only 7 players return from last year. One of those is a redshirt freshman.

https://gobuffsgo.com/roster.aspx?path=softball
                    The seeding could be better, IMO. Coming out of the difficult and very competitive LSC, I had WT as the 4 seed. GV at the 6 spot.
                    Last edited by BuffaloChip; 05-23-2021, 05:18 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post

The seeding could be better, IMO. Coming out of the difficult and very competitive LSC, I had WT as the 4 seed. GV at the 6 spot.
                      I haven't heard of a couple of the teams. Augustana, Valdosta, North Georgia, and WT have all won it before.

Part of the issue with the low seeding is they don't have our win/loss record right. It is 38-11 and I think we are shown in several places online as winning 2 less.

https://www.ncaa.com/game/5843665

Comment

I haven't heard of a couple of the teams. Augustana, Valdosta, North Georgia, and WT have all won it before.

Part of the issue with the low seeding is they don't have our win/loss record right. It is 38-11 and I think we are shown in several places online as winning 2 less.

https://www.ncaa.com/game/5843665
                        St. Anselm has 2 pitchers with ERA's in the 0.8 range. One averaging 12 KO's per 7 innings.

Comment

• Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post

St. Anselm has 2 pitchers with ERA's in the 0.8 range. One averaging 12 KO's per 7 innings.
                          That's impressive but there will be better hitters in the series.

Did you see that Biola is only 20-12 and they are seeded higher than WT?

Comment

• WT manages just one run against phenomenal pitching by Grand Valley, but Kyra Lair shuts out the Lakers. This team continues to amaze me!

Tomorrow the Lady Buffs face second seed St Anselm.

Comment

WT manages just one run against phenomenal pitching by Grand Valley, but Kyra Lair shuts out the Lakers. This team continues to amaze me!

I watched the 7th inning. At this time of the year, it is Al Davis- just win, baby.

Comment

WT manages just one run against phenomenal pitching by Grand Valley, but Kyra Lair shuts out the Lakers. This team continues to amaze me!

Lair did not have her best stuff, however, Grand Valley could never square up the ball. Go Buffs Go

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X