Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That was a good softball game. Period. Good pitching, no errors. Well played. The guy behind the plate was one of the best umps I've ever seen at a softball game. He's a pro.

GV plays elimination game tomorrow against West Chester. WT takes on 2 seed St. Anselm at 2:30 central.

Comment

• The big question is, who starts in the circle tomorrow for WT? The obvious answer is Lair but her history shows she needs rest after a full 7 innings pitched. So does Emilee Wilson start tomorrow with Lair available in the bullpen or vice versa? It's going to be a tough decision by Coach Mook.

Comment

• Originally posted by WT_TKW View Post
        The big question is, who starts in the circle tomorrow for WT? The obvious answer is Lair but her history shows she needs rest after a full 7 innings pitched. So does Emilee Wilson start tomorrow with Lair available in the bullpen or vice versa? It's going to be a tough decision by Coach Mook.
        I bet he goes with Wilson.

Comment

• Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post

Either way, we will need Wilson to get through the next 2 games, and hopefully more. Mook should be an easy choice for Coach of the Year. Yes, that was a very good game yesterday, WT does belong in this tournament!

Comment

Either way, we will need Wilson to get through the next 2 games, and hopefully more. Mook should be an easy choice for Coach of the Year. Yes, that was a very good game yesterday, WT does belong in this tournament!
            The amazing thing about this team is Wt has 14 Freshman, 14 FRESHMAN. Wt will still be a young team next year, with playoff experience. Wt might need to bring in some upperclassmen just for class balance. Lair and Wilson are Sophomores and Mook has two incoming freshman pitchers that are really good. It's good to be a Buffalo.
            Last edited by Great White Buffalo; 05-28-2021, 01:02 PM.
            The Great White Buffalo has Returned

Comment

• Originally posted by Great White Buffalo View Post

The amazing thing about this team is Wt has 14 Freshman, 14 FRESHMAN. Wt will still be a young team next year, with playoff experience. Wt might need to bring in some upperclassmen just for class balance. Lair and Wilson are Sophomores and Mook has two incoming freshman pitchers that are really good. It's good to be a Buffalo.
              True, but to be fair half are redshirt freshman due to COVID.

Biola, whoever that is, defeated #1 seed Augustana 3-0 earlier. Shocking!

Comment

Starting Lair?!?

Comment

• Wow! Game 2 WT 9-3 over St. Anselm. Lady Buffs chased the NCAA Pitcher of the Year in a 7 run 3rd inning. Lair pitched a pretty good 5 innings. She's only given up 2 runs in 12 innings. Wilson came in and did a good job the last 2 innings after giving up a 1st pitch HR in the 6th.

The big surprise (other than WT) was Biola shutting out Auustana. Biola has now shut out N Georgia and Augie. It's getting INTERESTING!

Comment

St. Anselm has 2 pitchers with ERA's in the 0.8 range. One averaging 12 KO's per 7 innings.
                    Told ya! ;)

Another amazing win considering the quality of the opponent's pitching and amazing 3rd baseman. Lair started off badly but got her act together. I thought we were in big trouble behind 2-0 but these kids rise to the occasion. Like 3 other pitchers in the game Emilee got nailed early but adjusted nicely. WT will play at least 2 more games.

9-3 WT!

Comment

• Originally posted by Great White Buffalo View Post

Starting Lair?
                      it had to be a hard decision. Like most of Mook's decisions it worked out.

WT plays tomorrow at 730 CDT. The opponent will be determined.
                      Last edited by WT_TKW; 05-28-2021, 04:21 PM.

Comment

• Unfortunately the weather forecast is not good starting this afternoon and tomorrow. No telling when they can finish the tournament.

https://weather.com/weather/today/l/Denver+CO

Comment

• Are any of you having issues with the webcasts? My tablet hangs up sometimes after returning for ads, but it may be the hotel's internet.

Comment

• North Georgia eliminates St Anselm on a walk off squeeze bunt in the bottom of the 7th 1-0. I was hoping we might play them again.
                            Last edited by WT_TKW; 05-29-2021, 01:42 PM.

Comment

North Georgia eliminates St Anselm on a walk-off squeeze bunt in the bottom of the 7th 1-0. I was hoping we might play them again.
                              WoW!!

Comment

• Why is there more support for softball than baseball at WT??

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X