X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JakeTAMUC
    replied
    Originally posted by texcap View Post
    As I pointed out in another thread, I think, If the GNAC is added in Football to the LSC, it would be pretty expensive for those GNAC schools. It would mean 3 or 4 trips to Texas/New Mexico every year, in addition to he large trips they take (Vancouver to California). Trips like that add up very quickly.
    Might it be possible to mitigate that somewhat by holding a festival type event at the Star in Frisco like they did at JerryWorld a few years back? Bring 3 or 4 gnac teams down and play 2 on Friday and 2 on Saturday. Could do the same in Washington at the Eastern Washington or Washington State, maybe even SafeCo in Seattle. Hell I'd make that trip.

Leave a comment:

• Vulpes88
    replied
    Imagine you are a freshman this year knowing those schools will blow you out and you still can't compete for championships.

Leave a comment:

• catatonic
    replied

Leave a comment:

• gruesome
    replied
    Originally posted by Zombie8myBrainz View Post
    Well... poo.
    I see what you did there.

Leave a comment:

• Vulpes88
    replied
    Originally posted by WT_ALUM08 View Post

Because the MWC let them.
    Why wouldn't the LSC do the same? As for your other post, good luck recruiting.

Leave a comment:

• WT_ALUM08
    replied
    Originally posted by Vulpes88 View Post

Not really. We could back out. In 2010 Boise State told the Mountain West they were gone and they stayed. Won't matter, the referendum will pass.
    Because the MWC let them.

Leave a comment:

• WT_ALUM08
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Vulpes88
    replied
    Originally posted by TarletonStateTexan View Post
    Serious question: If Tarleton has already submitted notice to the LSC Commissioner that they intend to depart the league, and if Tarleton's move to Division 1 hinges upon its student referendum to increase its Athletic Fee, and if that referendum is voted down resulting in no additional funds to cover the cost of going to the WAC... does that mean Tarleton might become "homeless"?
    https://lonestarconference.org/news/...embership.aspx
    Not really. We could back out. In 2010 Boise State told the Mountain West they were gone and they stayed. Won't matter, the referendum will pass.

Leave a comment:

• ASURAM2010
    replied
    Aren't they in the AG building a good 300 yards from the baseball field?

Leave a comment:

• TarletonStateTexan
    replied
    Serious question: If Tarleton has already submitted notice to the LSC Commissioner that they intend to depart the league, and if Tarleton's move to Division 1 hinges upon its student referendum to increase its Athletic Fee, and if that referendum is voted down resulting in no additional funds to cover the cost of going to the WAC... does that mean Tarleton might become "homeless"?
    https://lonestarconference.org/news/...embership.aspx

Leave a comment:

• Zombie8myBrainz
    replied
    Well... poo.

Leave a comment:

• Seinfeld
    replied
    Originally posted by gruesome View Post

What's wrong with Cecil Ballow?

Leave a comment:

• MinnequaFats
    replied
    Originally posted by Brandon View Post

There is a belief that the MIAA is going to open the schedule back up.
    I am sure the coaches would love a chance to add In Region OOC games.

Leave a comment:

• Vulpes88
    replied
    Originally posted by '89HOG View Post
    With the looming fears of an SLC implosion (at least that's what's being said over and over on this board), I'm surprised we haven't heard rumors of a Texas-only FCS conference. It would make sense. ACU, HBU, Lamar, SHSU, SFA, TSU, and UIW with Football. Add in UT-Arlington, UTRGV (since there's been rumor about them wanting to add football), and A&M-CC for other sports. Then Angelo, Commerce, and WT can join in later. Once the A&M regents decide to merge Kingsville with CC, the Island Hogs will be another football playing school.
    Not a bad idea. Just drop UTA.

Leave a comment:

• '89HOG
    replied
    With the looming fears of an SLC implosion (at least that's what's being said over and over on this board), I'm surprised we haven't heard rumors of a Texas-only FCS conference. It would make sense. ACU, HBU, Lamar, SHSU, SFA, TSU, and UIW with Football. Add in UT-Arlington, UTRGV (since there's been rumor about them wanting to add football), and A&M-CC for other sports. Then Angelo, Commerce, and WT can join in later. Once the A&M regents decide to merge Kingsville with CC, the Island Hogs will be another football playing school.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X