Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wannabcoach
    replied
    [QUOTE=gruesome;All of the TSU fans should be banging on Glasgow's door about now trying to get him to re-allow A&M to call Tarleton "Texas A&M - Stephenville" .... [/QUOTE]

Hell Nah !!!

Leave a comment:

• Techster88
    replied
    At least now all the GNAC schools can breathe a sigh of relief that Tarleton is leaving and they won't be exposed to one of those beat downs that AP took last year with the new conference scheduling.

Leave a comment:

• texas observer
    replied
    Trinity actually tied for the SLC Football Championship in 1971 with Louisiana Tech. Buffdad is a genius.

Leave a comment:

• Vulpes88
    replied
    Originally posted by ASURAM2010 View Post
    Now don't go comparing the rest of the country to Louisiana, that's just rude for the rest of the country!
    At least they have Cajun food.

Leave a comment:

• gruesome
    replied
    Originally posted by Brandon View Post

You're either BCS or you aren't. If no one has heard of Tarleton it's not because of the division they're in but because they haven't accomplished a lot.
    Brandon's well-timed wisdom in this thread is a breath of fresh air.

All of the TSU fans should be banging on Glasgow's door about now trying to get him to re-allow A&M to call Tarleton "Texas A&M - Stephenville" ....

Leave a comment:

• ASUPops
    replied
    Originally posted by '89HOG View Post

The same could be said about most of the FCS conferences. Unless one has an affiliation to the schools, the average college football fan (much less the country) couldn't name 3 schools from the FCS conferences without looking them up. Seriously, without looking them up, who could name 3 schools from the following:

Big Sky Conference
    Colonial Athletic Conference
    Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference
    Missouri Valley Conference
    Northeast Conference
    Ohio Valley Conference
    Patriot League
    Pioneer League
    Southern Conference
    SWAC
    Teams? H3ll I can name 3 FCS conferences! LMFAO.

Leave a comment:

• ASURAM2010
    replied

Exactly. I'll bet most people haven't heard of NWMSU, Grand Valley, Valdosta, etc even with their success in D2 Football. Heck, there's people from Louisiana that have never heard of their FCS schools (Nicholls St, McNeese St). All they know is Geaux Tigers.
    Now don't go comparing the rest of the country to Louisiana, that's just rude for the rest of the country!

Leave a comment:

• '89HOG
    replied
    Originally posted by Brandon View Post

You're either BCS or you aren't. If no one has heard of Tarleton it's not because of the division they're in but because they haven't accomplished a lot.
    Exactly. I'll bet most people haven't heard of NWMSU, Grand Valley, Valdosta, etc even with their success in D2 Football. Heck, there's people from Louisiana that have never heard of their FCS schools (Nicholls St, McNeese St). All they know is Geaux Tigers.

Leave a comment:

• Brandon
    replied
    Originally posted by Techster88 View Post

Ha!! I was talking football. More people across the country will actually know Tarleton exists.

Leave a comment:

• Vulpes88
    replied
    Originally posted by Boohaha View Post

Can i get one?
    ? I'm also interested

Leave a comment:

• Boohaha
    replied

Buffdad seems like the type that would be happy with one of these.
    Can i get one?

Leave a comment:

• '89HOG
    replied
    Originally posted by LSC Fan View Post

You get awarded today's participation award. Do you want a ribbon or one of those cheap imported from China plastic trophy things?
    Buffdad seems like the type that would be happy with one of these.

Leave a comment:

• '89HOG
    replied
    Originally posted by Boohaha View Post

The WAC still has memories of being a quality basketball conference.
    ... and we still have memories of being a national powerhouse in football for 40 years. What's that worth in today's world?

Leave a comment:

• Boohaha
    replied
    The WAC still has memories of being a quality basketball conference.

Leave a comment:

• Techster88
    replied

The same could be said about most of the FCS conferences. Unless one has an affiliation to the schools, the average college football fan (much less the country) couldn't name 3 schools from the FCS conferences without looking them up. Seriously, without looking them up, who could name 3 schools from the following:

Big Sky Conference
    Colonial Athletic Conference
    Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference
    Missouri Valley Conference
    Northeast Conference
    Ohio Valley Conference
    Patriot League
    Pioneer League
    Southern Conference
    SWAC

Leave a comment:

Ad3