X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• chrisattsu
    replied
    Originally posted by TSUTexan61 View Post
    Lonn Reisman comments to Empire Tribune https://www.yourstephenvilletx.com/s...what-to-expect
    Strange. The newspaper and Lonn read like the WAC is a done deal, yet the presser and other comments have been... we have an invite but we dont know if we'll take it yet

Leave a comment:

• TSUTexan61
    replied
    Lonn Reisman comments to Empire Tribune https://www.yourstephenvilletx.com/s...what-to-expect

Leave a comment:

• texas observer
    replied
    TSU moving to Division 1 is part of the decline of regional football conferences nation wide particularly in D2 and much larger conference footprints on all levels. It is regrettable because of the loss of long time rivalries and exorbitant travel costs that come with some conference membership. Ask ACU about the true cost of travel for all sports. The Southland has been around for almost 60 years and has survived many membership changes. I doubt the SLC is going to implode but it will continue to change. What I do know is that the TSU move is preemptive and smart. Who knows what the conference landscape is going to look like in a few years on all levels and they do not know exactly where they are going football wise, but they know they have to go. Wisdomgymrat knows something, TSU and ACU may be bound together by geographic necessities.

Leave a comment:

• wisdomgymrat
    replied
    Not sure if it will be an expansion more than it is and demo of the berm and completely update the entire east side.

i was always told that the field house was built to have an additional story added on top.

Leave a comment:

• Techster88
    replied

Leave a comment:

• bufffan78
    replied
    WAC going thru many changes. Grand Canyon U is rolling in money campus has greatly expanded , great bb facility and talk of adding football. They play some big boys in d1 bb during the non conference sch and have an ex nba star coaching the team. Every home game is a sell out.

Leave a comment:

• catatonic
    replied
    Originally posted by gruesome View Post

What about plans to contract?

Leave a comment:

• gruesome
    replied
    Originally posted by catatonic View Post

Agreed. The Southland has told anyone who has inquired including Tarleton and Texas Southern there are no plans to expand at this time.
    What about plans to contract?

Leave a comment:

• wisdomgymrat
    replied
    Originally posted by chrisattsu View Post

There is a PVAMU fan on the FCS board that echos Gymrats' statement that the TAMU System wants better athletic presence for its system. UT System has Austin, Arlington, SA, UTEP all in D1 FBS Conferences while TAMU just has College Station. PV and Corpus are the other D1 schools but could some of the others move up and draw attention to the system.

He even goes so far as to say PV is poised to have a stadium expansion north of 30,000 in preparation for a move to FBS.

Maybe a change is coming

Leave a comment:

• catatonic
    replied

If the fans have anything to say about it, then Sam would bolt out of the SLC if Texas Suffrin' moved into the conference. Strength of schedule has been a killer for SHSU as well as the other playoff qualifiers for years since Lamar, ACU, IWU, and HBU joined. Last year was the first season where those schools weren't the cellar dwellers of the conference. The SLC is on the upswing with football competition from top to bottom, but too many shakeups could put it back to being the laughing stock of the FCS.
    Agreed. The Southland has told anyone who has inquired including Tarleton and Texas Southern there are no plans to expand at this time.

Leave a comment:

• gruesome
    replied
    Originally posted by catatonic View Post

Texas Southern has openly said they would like to join the Southland.
    If the fans have anything to say about it, then Sam would bolt out of the SLC if Texas Suffrin' moved into the conference. Strength of schedule has been a killer for SHSU as well as the other playoff qualifiers for years since Lamar, ACU, IWU, and HBU joined. Last year was the first season where those schools weren't the cellar dwellers of the conference. The SLC is on the upswing with football competition from top to bottom, but too many shakeups could put it back to being the laughing stock of the FCS.

Leave a comment:

• catatonic
    replied
    Originally posted by Vulpes88 View Post

I don't see SWAC defections happening. Already in a conference of similar schools.
    Texas Southern has openly said they would like to join the Southland.

Leave a comment:

• Vulpes88
    replied

My poker face is impeccable.
    I've heard the same of mine. Strangely I don't play poker.

yeah, the UT-A&M game needs to return. They can easily make it work.

Leave a comment:

• gruesome
    replied

Meant to the WAC, but honestly didn't expect that. Guess the mothership seriously wants a D1 presence.

Leave a comment:

• gruesome
    replied

Mainly because of facial expressions
    My poker face is impeccable.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X