Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ASURAM2010
    replied
    One of the best schools in the country. Especially for healthcare administration. Top 3 nationally.

Leave a comment:

• LSC Fan
    replied
    Originally posted by '89HOG View Post

The same could be said about most of the FCS conferences. Unless one has an affiliation to the schools, the average college football fan (much less the country) couldn't name 3 schools from the FCS conferences without looking them up. Seriously, without looking them up, who could name 3 schools from the following:

Big Sky Conference
    Colonial Athletic Conference
    Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference
    Missouri Valley Conference
    Northeast Conference
    Ohio Valley Conference
    Patriot League
    Pioneer League
    Southern Conference
    SWAC
    But some of those conferences field good basketball teams. And that is why they have FCS football so they can get the checks from the TV revenue and of course the chance to go through March madness or the NIT.

Leave a comment:

• LSC Fan
    replied
    Originally posted by Buffalodad View Post

I am not cheating...

Montana State, Montana, Idaho, Idaho State

James Madison, William & Mary, Delaware (?)

Nc A&T, Florida A&M, Bethune-Cookman

NDSU, Southern Illinois, Illinois State

Oh crap...ummm, Central Conn St,

Eastern Ky, Jax St, Austin Peay

Bucknell, Lehigh, Lafayette

E Tenn St, W Caro, Wofford

Drake, Butler, San Diego

Campbell, Gardner-Webb, Charleston Southern

PVA&M, Tx Southern, Alabama St

How'd I do? Northeast kicked my tail
    You get awarded today's participation award. Do you want a ribbon or one of those cheap imported from China plastic trophy things?

Leave a comment:

• laker
    replied

The same could be said about most of the FCS conferences. Unless one has an affiliation to the schools, the average college football fan (much less the country) couldn't name 3 schools from the FCS conferences without looking them up. Seriously, without looking them up, who could name 3 schools from the following:
    I could. Easily. But I'm not an average fan. I could tell you most of their nicknames and colors too.

Leave a comment:

• Buffalodad
    replied

Big Sky Conference
    Northeast Conference
    Ohio Valley Conference
    Patriot League
    Pioneer League
    Southern Conference
    SWAC
    I am not cheating...

Montana State, Montana, Idaho, Idaho State

James Madison, William & Mary, Delaware (?)

Nc A&T, Florida A&M, Bethune-Cookman

NDSU, Southern Illinois, Illinois State

Oh crap...ummm, Central Conn St,

Eastern Ky, Jax St, Austin Peay

Bucknell, Lehigh, Lafayette

E Tenn St, W Caro, Wofford

Drake, Butler, San Diego

Campbell, Gardner-Webb, Charleston Southern

PVA&M, Tx Southern, Alabama St

How'd I do? Northeast kicked my tail

Leave a comment:

• '89HOG
    replied
    Originally posted by Techster88 View Post
    Sorry to burst your bubble. The SLC is a regional conference that the majority of the country could not name three schools in the conference.

Big Sky Conference
    Northeast Conference
    Ohio Valley Conference
    Patriot League
    Pioneer League
    Southern Conference
    SWAC

Leave a comment:

• Herb Street
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Techster88
    replied
    Originally posted by texas observer View Post
    Something is afoot I hope. I was looking at past histories of conference alignment for LSC schools like WT. Border Conference and Missouri Valley. ACU was Southland twice and an Independent for 7 years from late 50's till they joined Southland in the mid 60"s. Never knew that. Northern Colorado, Northern Arizona, Southern Utah (which has a recent history of playing Texas FCS schools) and others as FCS football conference with a western slant makes sense. NMSU would go FCS if legislature in Santa Fe dictates they play UNM every year despite affiliation. Basketball is a problem though. The ACU poster may know something because ACU has played Northern Arizona, Northern Colorado and has a series coming up with Southern Utah. The difference in time zones is a killer though. Number one complaint of TCU in the Mountain West.
    I love the LSC and it's history but you do not need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows. SLC schools have much more national name ID by the way. That doesn't mean you need to join them but SFA barley losing to Notre Dame in sweet 16, Nichols beating Big 12 schools, just to name a few. Come on man.
    Tarleton beating SFA, not a national story even though they can compete right now in SLC. You don't want to go to Thibodaux La. if you can help it except to eat.

Leave a comment:

• Techster88
    replied
    Originally posted by gruesome View Post

Chicago State and UM - Kansas City don't know what to do with all of the national PR they've gotten as WAC members!
    Ha!! I was talking football. More people across the country will actually know Tarleton exists.

Leave a comment:

• WT_TKW
    replied
    Originally posted by ASUPops View Post
    He sounds very vague in all his answers. Not straight at all. I dislike that immensely.

Tarleton should have company REAL soon. No doubt WT is the next to go.
    Yeah, WT will go back to D1 when Barron Trump is President.

Leave a comment:

• texas observer
    replied
    Something is afoot I hope. I was looking at past histories of conference alignment for LSC schools like WT. Border Conference and Missouri Valley. ACU was Southland twice and an Independent for 7 years from late 50's till they joined Southland in the mid 60"s. Never knew that. Northern Colorado, Northern Arizona, Southern Utah (which has a recent history of playing Texas FCS schools) and others as FCS football conference with a western slant makes sense. NMSU would go FCS if legislature in Santa Fe dictates they play UNM every year despite affiliation. Basketball is a problem though. The ACU poster may know something because ACU has played Northern Arizona, Northern Colorado and has a series coming up with Southern Utah. The difference in time zones is a killer though. Number one complaint of TCU in the Mountain West.
    I love the LSC and it's history but you do not need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows. SLC schools have much more national name ID by the way. That doesn't mean you need to join them but SFA barley losing to Notre Dame in sweet 16, Nichols beating Big 12 schools, just to name a few. Come on man.
    Tarleton beating SFA, not a national story even though they can compete right now in SLC. You don't want to go to Thibodaux La. if you can help it except to eat.

Leave a comment:

• gruesome
    replied
    He sounds very vague in all his answers. Not straight at all. I dislike that immensely.

Reisman is one of the best politicians ever and he doesn't get enough credit for it.

Leave a comment:

• gruesome
    replied
    Chicago State and UM - Kansas City don't know what to do with all of the national PR they've gotten as WAC members!

Leave a comment:

• Techster88
    replied

Last edited by Techster88; 10-03-2019, 07:03 PM.

Leave a comment:

• ASUPops
    replied

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X