Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post

Yeah I wish my school would start up football so they will not be at risk of getting kicked out as well.
    You would be happy to know your school is asking for an increase in their athletic fee to build an on campus arena and convocation center. This will be a huge shot for the basketball program and and increasing campus involvement in the athletic program. I saw this in the Texas A&M Board of Regents Agenda for the meeting later this week.

Meanwhile my school has absolutely nothing on the agenda in the form of asking for a fee increase or any type of funding for athletic facility improvements. In other words the can continues to be kicked down the road down there. The cycle of stupidity will never stop.

Comment

Originally posted by Runnin' Cat View Post

I have always wanted CWU to be competitive in Tennis.

Comment

Yeah, probably needed to use a sarcasm emoji for others to get it.

My point was that not many people are going to say "but our tennis program is competitive!".

Rugby at CWU is huge, and all teams are competitive at a National level. The Women's 7s have played in the chipper.
        Last edited by Runnin' Cat; 10-29-2019, 12:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by wisdomgymrat View Post

I'm willing to put money on it... are you?
          So you are saying 2020 season? ABSOLUTELY!!!! ANY AMOUNT you want.

Comment

Originally posted by LSC Fan View Post

You would be happy to know your school is asking for an increase in their athletic fee to build an on campus arena and convocation center. This will be a huge shot for the basketball program and and increasing campus involvement in the athletic program. I saw this in the Texas A&M Board of Regents Agenda for the meeting later this week.

Meanwhile my school has absolutely nothing on the agenda in the form of asking for a fee increase or any type of funding for athletic facility improvements. In other words the can continues to be kicked down the road down there. The cycle of stupidity will never stop.
            Yes sir I have spoken to the athletic director for several years on this and what my dollars go to when I give donations to the university. It is stupid to hold basketball games 10 miles off campus on the other side of Corpus in a 20,000 seat facility that wasn't half full during their glory days. The Duggan Center has a good atmosphere and home court advantage with the crowd right on the courts but its a junior high gym. It would be a 100% shot in the arm and something to sell to recruits.

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post

Yes sir I have spoken to the athletic director for several years on this and what my dollars go to when I give donations to the university. It is stupid to hold basketball games 10 miles off campus on the other side of Corpus in a 20,000 seat facility that wasn't half full during their glory days. The Duggan Center has a good atmosphere and home court advantage with the crowd right on the courts but its a junior high gym. It would be a 100% shot in the arm and something to sell to recruits.
              Correct. And as a resident of this city for at least five more years, I hope it is built sooner rather than later so it will open up dates for other events such as concerts for which an arena set up is required. Right now some of these acts can't be held here because one of the Islander basketball teams have the arena for certain dates for a good four to five months. I always felt they should have built the Duggan Center facility as springboard towards a larger facility when the program was first started. Think about how much more student and community involvement was missed during that time span. Going to see a game in that arena was awkward with so many empty seats and the visuals on TV made it look worse which further depresses turnout. They could easily get by with a 6000-7000 seat arena with some expansion capacity if need be.

Comment

My point was that not many people are going to say "but our tennis program is competitive!".

Rugby at CWU is huge, and all teams are competitive at a National level. The Women's 7s have played in the chipper.

Comment

Hey, I always brag about Tarleton tennis.

Comment

Originally posted by texas observer View Post
                    Chrisss is right about Tarelton but the scholarship transition and not competing for playoffs and conference tournaments can be difficult. Not sure if that is NCAA or conference rules. I like watching college football at any level and with so much video out there you can see really good teams at non FBS levels. Just like HS football, if it is your team it is a joy to watch despite the number of A's. I will be at Mckinney and Frisco to watch NC games cause I live in that area and enjoy both. By the way, and close to topic, LSC track and Field is D1 quality in many events.
                    The NCAA prohibits programs transitioning into D1 from national tournaments; how each conference addresses eligibility for conference tourneys depends on the league. I might be mistaken, but Northern Kentucky was eligible for their conference tourney in basketball during their transition from D2/GLVC, but don't quote me on it.
                    Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

Originally posted by ctrabs74 View Post

The NCAA prohibits programs transitioning into D1 from national tournaments; how each conference addresses eligibility for conference tourneys depends on the league. I might be mistaken, but Northern Kentucky was eligible for their conference tourney in basketball during their transition from D2/GLVC, but don't quote me on it.
                      Correct. But the WAC isn't among the conferences that allow provisional schools into conference tournaments.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X