Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WT football

Chip. do you know who is WT''s first opponent is at the new stadium?

Re: WT football

Originally posted by exbuff72 View Post
    Chip. do you know who is WT''s first opponent is at the new stadium?
    Azusa Pacific is listed on the WT Butts schedule as the opening opponent.
    Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink whatever comes out?"

Comment

On "thelscscoop.blogspot.com," WT is listed with 116 offers ( I only counted once, ha!. I may have missed one). Yes, 116. Hughes must have found an old Don Carthel recruiting playbook in the bottom left-hand drawer of his desk. :laugh:

33 OL's have been offered.

I watched all the highlight videos on the QB's, RB's, and WR's. There are some interesting talents being offered. Speed seemed to be the key element in most of the skill kids. I really liked the QB from Navarro, Parker McNeill. He's also been offered by Midwestern and Kingsville .

The influx of recruiting visits will commence soon. This is a key recruiting class for Hughes and his staff. Upgraded talent and increased depth is needed at every position.
      Last edited by BuffaloChip; 12-28-2018, 02:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post
        On "thelscscoop.blogspot.com," WT is listed with 116 offers ( I only counted once, ha!. I may have missed one). Yes, 116. Hughes must have found an old Don Carthel recruiting playbook in the bottom left-hand drawer of his desk. :laugh:

I watched all the highlight videos on the QB's, RB's, and WR's. There are some interesting talents being offered. Speed seemed to be the key element in most of the skill kids. I really liked the QB from Navarro, Parker McNeill. He's also been offered by Midwestern and Kingsville .

The influx of recruiting visits will commence soon. This is a key recruiting class for Hughes and his staff. Upgraded talent and increased depth is needed at every position.

Comment

Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post

Yes, I heard the offer is a FREE WT MAROON TShirt and a WT pen and note pad. Unfortunately, we have no other $$$ now, but maybe in a year or two if your still here we can re-evaluate!

Comment

Originally posted by Techster88 View Post
            Yes, I heard the offer is a FREE WT MAROON TShirt and a WT pen and note pad. Unfortunately, we have no other $$$ now, but maybe in a year or two if your still here we can re-evaluate!
            That's pretty much what everyone does at the D2 level. Most of the money goes to JC transfers and soph/junior/seniors on the 2 deep chart. 36 equivalents has to be divided into all kinds of pieces for maximum value. I bet very few D2 schools have many (if any) players on a full ride. When Carthel was here, I believe only a few guys, proven key talent like QB Dustin Vaughn, were ever on a full ride.
            Last edited by BuffaloChip; 12-28-2018, 10:06 PM.

Comment

Not so. For instance, the board for potential 2020 and 2021 signees is already up according to an assistant coach I visited with. Players will be added. deleted, and all will be followed and evaluated before getting an offer. Texting, phone calls, visits with HS coaches, and eventually face-to-faces will follow lots and lots of watching film, working with recruiting services, and maintaining contact with potential recruits.

Carthel regularly had recruiting classes of 50 to 70 kids. No one accused him of not evaluating the players he offered. In D2 you can bet the farm on 25 kids a year getting a quarter ride offer or cast a wide net and hope to get 15 real players out of high school every year for little to nothing to start.

Comment

EXACTLY.

It tells me WT is having a hard time getting top talent, so they are offering EVERYONE on their recruiting board.

Think......if they signed 3 deep at all o & d positions, that would be 66 players. Add a LS, P, K thats 69....NEW players. LMAO.

I'd be second guessing my HC's recruiting abilities about now.

Comment

Sounds like what Adams State does with AZ kids, don't be like Adams State.

Comment

Originally posted by Turbonium View Post
                    Sounds like what Adams State does with AZ kids, don't be like Adams State.
                    A few recruits I know are being courted by several LSC teams. 2 are being heavily pursued by five LSC teams. From what I am being told, WT & ASU are not being anywhere near as aggressive as Midwestern, TAMUC, and Tarleton.

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post
                      A few recruits I know are being courted by several LSC teams. 2 are being heavily pursued by five LSC teams. From what I am being told, WT & ASU are not being anywhere near as aggressive as Midwestern, TAMUC, and Tarleton.

Comment

The dislike of WT football is very real around here. Wish i was around the board 9 or 10 years ago to see what caused all the built up disdain

Comment

Originally posted by Buff Fan 05 View Post
                          The dislike of WT football is very real around here. Wish i was around the board 9 or 10 years ago to see what caused all the built up disdain

Comment

Fair enough

Comment

Originally posted by Buff Fan 05 View Post
                              I actually like WT football and want them to do well. But, as with Tech I have no problem criticizing moves that I do not believe are beneficial. Turning a blind eye helps no one.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X