• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NLI-LSC Recruits Central......UP TO THE MOMENT UPDATES

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post
    ASU inks 22.

10 Offense
    12 Defense with 8 DBs (guess the Rams just slammed the door on pass defense issues):good:

Look for several more transfer impact players coming this summer.

Major defensive issues have certainly been addressed. But to be honest I am disappointed in the offensive recruiting class (other than OL). Now the Rams must use JUCO's/transfers to fill voids for a bit. I believe this isn't a surprise and everyone knew what was going to happen with this recruiting class. Just hope all the right decisions were made in the long run.
    I like what we had returning in terms of skill guys offensively. We got hit hard on the DL but to my knowledge haven't addressed it as of yet. I'm guessing we go JUCO there very heavy. Would have liked to see at least 1 more RB and a couple WR's due to attrition that is bound to happen.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeTAMUC View Post
      Miklo is a Bailiff guy, freshman starter for Rice in 2017, so I wouldn't be surprised to see him starting here next season. Also our AD confirmed that the LSC and GNAC will have a scheduling agreement moving forward from 2020. Supposed to be officially announced in the next 2 weeks.
      Supposedly a crazy good athlete too, with the ability to be a running threat. Can't remember the last truly mobile QB we had. Kane could get you 10 on a 3rd and 7 to move the chains but he was never a true threat with his legs. This new kid from Plano East/Rice had something like 84 combined TD's in 27 games.

Comment

Originally posted by LionFan View Post
        Supposedly a crazy good athlete too, with the ability to be a running threat. Can't remember the last truly mobile QB we had. Kane could get you 10 on a 3rd and 7 to move the chains but he was never a true threat with his legs. This new kid from Plano East/Rice had something like 84 combined TD's in 27 games.
        The whole football staff was pretty pumped at the lunch event today about the kids coming in. It was good to finally meet them all. Really quality guys, former NFL, DI, and a Texas HS hall of famer, and I imagine the youngsters are going to love playing for them.

Comment

Izzy never played at UNT....he signed but was gone by summer. That was 2017, I believe.

He was a RS for ASU in 2014. I remember my son telling me that he felt he was better than KWash and thought he should have been a true FR starter over KWash. 707.

He didn't play much at Navarro. I remember 2015 he led them back from a 30 something to 3 halftime score.....throwing 5 TDs, and almost pulled out a tremendous dubya. He got the starting job in 2016, but had ACL surgery after 2 games. Then of course onto UNT....and now at TAMUK. I am not even sure how many years Izzy has left as this is his 6th coming up. I would think it's his final year.

I hope he does well.
          It depends on the semesters not the years.
          Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink whatever comes out?"

Comment

At last count Commerce was at 42 plus "a couple we are really excited about but cant talk about yet" according to Coach Bailiff.

Comment

Originally posted by JavsFan View Post
              It depends on the semesters not the years.
              Correct. I would think this is his final year/season of football based on this rule:

Division II 10-semester/15-quarter clock: If you play at a Division II or III school, you have the first 10 semesters or 15 quarters in which you are enrolled as a full-time student to complete your four seasons of competition. You use a semester or quarter any time you attend class as a fulltime student or are enrolled part-time and compete for the school. You do not use a term if you only attend part-time with no competition or are not enrolled for a term.

However, if he received a medical redshirt in 2016, and sat out of college in 2017, he could have two years (seasons) left.

Can anyone verify how much he has left?

Comment

Originally posted by LionFan View Post
                I am not sure if you actually realize what you guys just got in Smalls. OMG. IF Smalls can pull his sh!t together and barring some major issue, etc.... This young man should be able to eat up the LSC and could be a or the top QB in DII. If all works out, what a grab. WOW!!!

Comment

Miklo is a Bailiff guy, freshman starter for Rice in 2017, so I wouldn't be surprised to see him starting here next season. Also our AD confirmed that the LSC and GNAC will have a scheduling agreement moving forward from 2020. Supposed to be officially announced in the next 2 weeks.
                  Smalls started one game at Rice. Threw 1 TD and 3 INTs. NOT IMPRESSIVE in that one game.

Comment

Hogs end the day with 20.

5 - OL
                    4 - DL
                    2 - LB
                    3 - S
                    2 - WR
                    1 - QB
                    1 - DB
                    1 - K
                    1 - TE

Good decent size on the both OL and DL. This was much needed. I assume we'll continue to fill in some skill positions with JUCOs, but I'm pleased with the guys we landed. We'll see how they develop over the next couple of years

GO HOGS!!!

Comment

WT had a great signing day. Landed some TOP talent.

I really like Jaelen Anderson. If he is coached up, he will be a force in the LSC.

Also MF3 out of Desoto can be a beast off the edge. Gonna be fun watching him the the LSC.

Man, so many good players picked up by WT. Hats off to your staff on their recruiting. They covered EVERYWHERE and walked away with some nice grabs.

CONGRATS!

Comment

Smalls started one game at Rice. Threw 1 TD and 3 INTs. NOT IMPRESSIVE in that one game.
                        Thats fine. At the signing day event Bailiff said "He started for us as a freshman at Rice." In any event, however you want to parse it, he got lots of playing time as a freshman at Rice. Unfortunately issues derailed him and I hope he gets them worked out.

Comment

Thats fine. At the signing day event Bailiff said "He started for us as a freshman at Rice." In any event, however you want to parse it, he got lots of playing time as a freshman at Rice. Unfortunately issues derailed him and I hope he gets them worked out.
                          Me too, because he is a great athlete and a really, really good guy. Been watching him for years. Like I said in another post....he could be the best if he pulls it together. HUGE pick-up for the Lions. Knowing Smalls, he will TAKE the QB position. Gonna be a fun year for you guys.

Comment

Looking at TAMUC recruiting, I think they had a pretty good class. I am surprised by the # they actually got. I was 100% wrong. Thought it was gonna be 1/2 that.

What I am most surprised about is the lack of players from Collin County. With only one HS recruit from Wylie. But I guess the one you got in Smalls is a HUGE one out of Collin County.

Comment

Buffs are at 54 freshmen and 9 transfers. QB Trey Larsen, Fort Bend Austin (Sugar Land), is the grandson of Warren Moon.

Comment

Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post
                                Buffs are at 54 freshmen and 9 transfers. QB Trey Larsen, Fort Bend Austin (Sugar Land), is the grandson of Warren Moon.
                                Good Lord, 63 spots? Can't you only carry 105 total?

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X