Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NLI-LSC Recruits Central......UP TO THE MOMENT UPDATES

I just love that every time a mic is put in front of a coach on NSD, the first line out of their mouth is something along these lines..."we are really excited about the guys we got, we got some tremendous athletes that had options to play other places. They are good football players, good students, and good people."
    Seriously go look at the virtually any signing day article and I would put money on it that something similar to what I wrote is in there very quickly.
    I wish ASU would do a deal, where you could by a dinner ticket and have the staff break down a little bit of film on each of these guys in a way that is not overly optimistic but what made our coaches want to pull the trigger and then maybe something they need to work on to be an all conference type player...paging Kevin Pepper, can we get on this?

Comment

Originally posted by Techster88 View Post
      Finally got a chance to see who signed with TAMUC today. First thing that jumped out at me was 12 WRs and I believe 9 or 10 DBs and Safeties. This tended to make for a small in size recruiting class with about only 10 players weighing at least 230lbs. With only 3 DLs and 4 LBs signed I assume HC has depth already at these positions.

Also, looked at Tarleton, and noticed they signed 28 which is about average for Whitten. Once again they loaded up with guys who will play on the line. 17 of their 28 recruits will play on the OL or DL.

Hope to get a chance tomorrow to look at Midwestern and Angelo. Later in the week I will checkout how WT did.

Tech did not fair well, dead last in the Big 12 according to the experts.
      I was wondering if you were going to mention that. I saw they came in between UTSA and UNT with one of the rating services. It's almost like KK is still in charge.

Comment

Originally posted by LSC Fan View Post
        I was wondering if you were going to mention that. I saw they came in between UTSA and UNT with one of the rating services. It's almost like KK is still in charge.
        Yep, had a lot of decommits. Surprisingly a lot of Dbacks went elsewhere. Different offensive philosophy and the fact that the guys who recruited them are gone equals a really small recruiting class.

I noticed the Piggies picked up some Cali / West Coast transfers. Is that usually the case or is this a new approach?

Comment

Originally posted by JavsFan View Post

6'4 310?! Massive! No wonder Kingsville is a top tier D2 team.

Comment

Finally got a chance to see who signed with TAMUC today. First thing that jumped out at me was 12 WRs and I believe 9 or 10 DBs and Safeties. This tended to make for a small in size recruiting class with about only 10 players weighing at least 230lbs. With only 3 DLs and 4 LBs signed I assume HC has depth already at these positions.
            Yea, if you look at our past few years of recruiting, there's a pretty obvious pattern that has worked out pretty well. We obviously get a few at every position, but each year there's an emphasis on a few positions, and that emphasis rotates.

Comment

Also, looked at Tarleton, and noticed they signed 28 which is about average for Whitten. Once again they loaded up with guys who will play on the line. 17 of their 28 recruits will play on the OL or DL.

Hope to get a chance tomorrow to look at Midwestern and Angelo. Later in the week I will checkout how WT did.

Tech did not fair well, dead last in the Big 12 according to the experts.
              The 4 star athlete from Chicago will help. The class was doomed from the get go honestly. Even at its peak before Kliff was canned it was still 7th or 8th in the big 12

Comment

Yep, had a lot of decommits. Surprisingly a lot of Dbacks went elsewhere. Different offensive philosophy and the fact that the guys who recruited them are gone equals a really small recruiting class.

I noticed the Piggies picked up some Cali / West Coast transfers. Is that usually the case or is this a new approach?
                It looks like we kind of went a different route compared to the last couple of classes. And from my point of view, I welcome it.

I think the last couple of classes concentrated too much on local talent and kind of deferred on what we see with this class which is cast a wide net approach not only within Texas, but out of state too. The reliance on local talent showed in critical areas as our O-line and D-line and overall quality depth at all positions. Hopefully we will land a few more experienced players in the next few days.

Hopefully this is step in the right direction. We need to make a few more big steps which have been discussed on here to get us back to respectability for the long term.

Comment

Originally posted by ETSU_LION View Post
                  I always felt there wasn't much separating me from an NFL athlete. If I was 1/3 my age and half my weight, twice my strength, triple my speed and 4 inches taller I could really make some noise professionally.
                  HAHAHAHAHA :laugh: Too d@mn funny!

Comment

Originally posted by LSC Fan View Post
                    All in all and considering the circumstances TAMUK finds themselves in, at least on paper I think they did well. And really that's about the only thing most of us can judge recruiting against.

We got some big bodies which we've been thin with for both sides of the line. I'd like to see us bring in a few more who could provide immediate help from the JUCO ranks.

We got a PK from CC Veterans Memorial who can absolutely nail it from long distance and against good winds too. I was surprised he didn't get snatched up by a FCS or even FBS school.
                    I think this is TAMUKs best recruiting class in some time!

Comment

Originally posted by ASURAM2010 View Post
                      I just love that every time a mic is put in front of a coach on NSD, the first line out of their mouth is something along these lines..."we are really excited about the guys we got, we got some tremendous athletes that had options to play other places. They are good football players, good students, and good people."
                      Seriously go look at the virtually any signing day article and I would put money on it that something similar to what I wrote is in there very quickly.
                      I wish ASU would do a deal, where you could by a dinner ticket and have the staff break down a little bit of film on each of these guys in a way that is not overly optimistic but what made our coaches want to pull the trigger and then maybe something they need to work on to be an all conference type player...paging Kevin Pepper, can we get on this?
                      Its a HYPE dinner with Alum and BOOSTERS ($$$$$). It's used car sales at its finest!! Programs don't run without $$. It's the QVC of football. "And you now only have 4 minutes to make your donation and support all these BEST ATHLETES IN CLASS. Keep the best athletes coming to (insert institute name) as we feel good about competing for a championship next season" (cue school fight song) *cha-ching*

707. I have heard "this speech" too many times.

I agree with you .....it would be nice to get HONEST assessments.....can you imagine....."well folks, we just signed 130, average at best, athletes. We landed one or two that actually has enough talent to potentially be a top 10 player in the LSC. Hopefully, you will write us a big check because we need your money to pay for these guys, and to pay my salary. Also, the more $ I raise helps me retain my HC position. So, please give all you got".

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post
                        Its a HYPE dinner with Alum and BOOSTERS ($$$$$). It's used car sales at its finest!! Programs don't run without $$. It's the QVC of football. "And you now only have 4 minutes to make your donation and support all these BEST ATHLETES IN CLASS. Keep the best athletes coming to (insert institute name) as we feel good about competing for a championship next season" (cue school fight song) *cha-ching*

707. I have heard "this speech" too many times.

I agree with you .....it would be nice to get HONEST assessments.....can you imagine....."well folks, we just signed 130, average at best, athletes. We landed one or two that actually has enough talent to potentially be a top 10 player in the LSC. Hopefully, you will write us a big check because we need your money to pay for these guys, and to pay my salary. Also, the more $ I raise helps me retain my HC position. So, please give all you got".
                        Not saying that I want them to come out and say "yea we signed a very mediocre class", even if it is the truth, but what else do you expect from these guys on NSD with a mic in their face...no one is going to say anything different.

Comment

Yea in public they won't say it, but a lot of times you can read between the lines and see where they have some concerns, ie positions they don't talk about etc.

Behind the scenes though, I think the really good coaches have that ability to see thru the sunshine they pump and know what positions they need to address the day after NSD. that was one of the things about carthels staff I liked so much. They knew the very next day what positions they were gonna be checking around for transfers on to fill a gap here or there. It's easy to sit back and smile at the list until camp starts in the fall. The good ones see things the way they truly are from day 1 and work for a fix.

Comment

I understand where you are coming from and yes its a song and dance that Coaches play every year at every level, not just college. As a parent of one of those young men that signed with WT, I am thrilled about the direction they are heading. It may not happen overnight but I feel they are headed in the right direction and grabbed some kids that have huge upside. Just to many factors out there to honestly evaluate a kid in high school on his future potential or what he will become, and you definitely cant say we signed average at best athletes because you never know which ones will continue to develop and contribute at the highest level of play. I know my son continues to put in the work on and off the football field and that's all you can hope for out of every one of these talented kids. Only time will tell how this class stacks up!!

Comment

I really like the Hounds Signing Class. A few kids stood out to me. The two JC WR's from College of the Desert
                              Jaurice Thomas...... 10 57 5.7 1090 109.0 19.1 7 78 https://www.hudl.com/video/3/3294513...0ce2083cc8a7de
                              Kerrion Ringo....... 10 42 4.2 752 75.2 17.9 7 80 https://www.hudl.com/video/3/2670160...dda408bc5d2dc1

QB from Leander Rashad Carter https://www.hudl.com/video/3/8123341...ddae0f6ca10e22

Slot/Returnman from Fullerton JC Justin Mannyweather https://ywww.hudl.com/video/3/370163...8fbd3298f58107

Comment

Originally posted by KC75Marine View Post
                                I understand where you are coming from and yes its a song and dance that Coaches play every year at every level, not just college. As a parent of one of those young men that signed with WT, I am thrilled about the direction they are heading. It may not happen overnight but I feel they are headed in the right direction and grabbed some kids that have huge upside. Just to many factors out there to honestly evaluate a kid in high school on his future potential or what he will become, and you definitely cant say we signed average at best athletes because you never know which ones will continue to develop and contribute at the highest level of play. I know my son continues to put in the work on and off the football field and that's all you can hope for out of every one of these talented kids. Only time will tell how this class stacks up!!
                                Welcome to the board and welcome your son and the rest of your family to Buff Nation. I hope his experience at WT is as good as the one I remember (or at my age that I think I remember :smile-big:)

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X