Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Alliance Football League

Originally posted by LionFan View Post
    Luis played great! He had 4 very obvious drops, should have been 300+ easy.

Agreed on ESPN purposely not reporting on it due to the contract. I was on the ESPN gamecenter app trying to find box scores and they didnt even have the league listed. They literally have Badminton scores on there, but no AAF.
    What was interesting the Arizona/SLC game was being shown on the NFL Network last night.

Comment

Originally posted by LSC Fan View Post
      What was interesting the Arizona/SLC game was being shown on the NFL Network last night.
      The AAF is positioning their league as the NFL developmental and experimental option. Think they're working very closely together. XFL is another matter entirely. Think the AAF can be reasonably successful if the expectations are kept in check.

Comment

I like that they are keeping ticket prices in the $15 - $40 range and the games are over in 2.5 hrs.

Comment

Originally posted by dodger View Post
          The AAF is positioning their league as the NFL developmental and experimental option. Think they're working very closely together. XFL is another matter entirely. Think the AAF can be reasonably successful if the expectations are kept in check.
          My understanding is the NFL and the AAF are working very closely together as the AAF is experimenting with things. There are no kickoffs, no extra points, the audience gets to hear the instant replay process from the replay officials. If the NFL likes any of the changes, they can adapt them to their game. One very important isssue is time of play. 2.5 hours is great.

Comment

Originally posted by TexanFan View Post
            My understanding is the NFL and the AAF are working very closely together as the AAF is experimenting with things. There are no kickoffs, no extra points, the audience gets to hear the instant replay process from the replay officials. If the NFL likes any of the changes, they can adapt them to their game. One very important isssue is time of play. 2.5 hours is great.
            I thought this part was awesome. Definitely would benefit the NFL if they started doing this.

Comment

I finally read an article where Vaughan was beat out for the starting QB spot. They didnt say much game night. Im pretty sure he is done professionally. Looks like Perez is the lone hopeful for a shot at the league again

Comment

Originally posted by Buff Fan 05 View Post
                I finally read an article where Vaughan was beat out for the starting QB spot. They didnt say much game night. Im pretty sure he is done professionally. Looks like Perez is the lone hopeful for a shot at the league again
                Didn't he want to go to dental school or something like that? Might not be a bad time to go ahead and get started on that.

Comment

Originally posted by Buff Fan 05 View Post
                  The comments I heard did not make it seem like it was a permanent promotion for the other QB. Open competition each week.
                  Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink whatever comes out?"

Comment

Originally posted by ASURAM2010 View Post
                    Didn't he want to go to dental school or something like that? Might not be a bad time to go ahead and get started on that.
                    I'm not sure on that. In an Amarillo Globe article last week, it sounded like it was a long thought out decision to pursue this AAF opportunity

Comment

Originally posted by JavsFan View Post
                      The comments I heard did not make it seem like it was a permanent promotion for the other QB. Open competition each week.
                      I hope this is the case

Comment

Comment

I knew NFL Europe was developmental. Didn't think the Arena league, with slightly different rules and a far different field was developmental. Thought it was a spring football league for those who like 6 man or similar

Comment

Originally posted by Vulpes88 View Post
                            I knew NFL Europe was developmental. Didn't think the Arena league, with slightly different rules and a far different field was developmental. Thought it was a spring football league for those who like 6 man or similar
                            It was. Jerry Jones owned the Dallas Desperados. Main reason was for development.

It's great for QB, WR, and pass blocking. Jon Kitna and Kurt Warner played arena.

Comment

I just had idea. Maybe good to some maybe bad for others. To get ratings up some team should offer Colin Kaepernick a chance to get off his knees and see if he still has something left in the tank. He would get the opportunity to show everyone he can still play. What a novel idea. Actually prove you can play and leave the drama and Social justice warriors at home. I, personally, do not believe he has anything close talent wise to win in the NFL. I watched him the last two years he played at SF and it was underwhelming to say the least. So, here is an opportunity to prove me wrong and spring board yourself back into the NFL. THOUGHTS?!??

Comment

Originally posted by Techster88 View Post
                                I just had idea. Maybe good to some maybe bad for others. To get ratings up some team should offer Colin Kaepernick a chance to get off his knees and see if he still has something left in the tank. He would get the opportunity to show everyone he can still play. What a novel idea. Actually prove you can play and leave the drama and Social justice warriors at home. I, personally, do not believe he has anything close talent wise to win in the NFL. I watched him the last two years he played at SF and it was underwhelming to say the least. So, here is an opportunity to prove me wrong and spring board yourself back into the NFL. THOUGHTS?!??
                                He won't do it. In a book called How the North Won by Hattaway and Jones I read about Confederate general Joseph Johnston. He was reportedly the best shot in the army. However, when he would go hunting in a group, he would never fire. It was always too bright, too dark, too far away, too close........... if you don't shoot, you can't lose your reputation.

No, he won't even try it. People who think he would be the Super Bowl MVP can't have their illusions shattered.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X