Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Alliance Football League

You do realize he tore his Achilles 3 months ago right?

Comment

Originally posted by LSCfan1 View Post
      No, I was unaware. Well, that may put the final nail in the coffin on his career.

Comment

Originally posted by LSCfan1 View Post
        Forgot about that. First week with the Saints.

Comment

Originally posted by Techster88 View Post
          No, I was unaware. Well, that may put the final nail in the coffin on his career.
          Yes, Dez is done.

Comment

FROM AAF OFFICIAL STATEMENT:
            "The league will target players who made the NFL or the Canadian Football League.

Players will get three-year, non-guaranteed contracts worth $250,000, along with health insurance and an education stipend."

Well.....they targeted Tim Tebow, CK and several other former NFL players. AND players are avg $75k a year not $83k. A few are making a lot more and many are making less. I know two players at $150k 3 year contract ($50k a year). Many players are working part time jobs to help pay bills.

Players went through tryouts and had to pay a $175 fee. Thousands & thousands of young men paid $175 to tryout. I heard they raised over $1M in tryout fees. Sad.

So much for keeping their word....hahaha.

Comment

Since they are now suspending football operations effective today, I guess it's a really bad sign haha.

Comment

Originally posted by Buff Fan 05 View Post
                Since they are now suspending football operations effective today, I guess it's a really bad sign haha.
                I hope Dustin Vaughn will move on to something else. The last time I looked he was 0 for 2 for the season.

I think all that's left for Manziel is arena football. I won't miss him.
                Last edited by WT_TKW; 04-02-2019, 11:38 AM.

Comment

Kind of funny that the AAF suspending operations is currently ESPN's top headline. They did not give the league any coverage all year long, didn't report scores, etc (presumably because the AAF was televised solely on competing networks). You could find handball, badminton and ping pong scores, but not AAF. Something tells me they were smiling when they wrote the current article.

Comment

Originally posted by WT_TKW View Post
                    I hope Dustin Vaughn will move on to something else. The last time I looked he was 0 for 2 for the season.

I think all that's left for Manziel is arena football. I won't miss him.
                    Yeah I'm sure Vaughan will hang them up. He was 3rd string QB once the season got to rolling along.

As for Manziel, screw that guy. I like a redemption story but he won't ever be that guy

Comment

Manziel still have XFL. Worse case scenario he can always play in LFA in Mexico.

Comment

Originally posted by chivas_gold View Post
                        Manziel still have XFL. Worse case scenario he can always play in LFA in Mexico.
                        Yeah, he looked great in this league. He was 5 for 8 with only 1 concussion.

Comment

I'm so ticked about this. I really enjoyed the AAF.

ESPN can so kick rocks! And Tom whoever of the Carolina Hurricanes is pure evil.
                          Go GSC and Roar LIONS!!

Comment

Originally posted by BlueBlood View Post
                            Kind of funny that the AAF suspending operations is currently ESPN's top headline. They did not give the league any coverage all year long, didn't report scores, etc (presumably because the AAF was televised solely on competing networks). You could find handball, badminton and ping pong scores, but not AAF. Something tells me they were smiling when they wrote the current article.
                            They did report on the AAF in the first couple of weeks, but I hadn't seen much lately.
                            Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post
                              Unfortunately these "minor" leagues come and go like the weather.

The one that lasted the longest was Arena football.

IMO, There is just too much young talent available each year for a developmental league to be successful.
                              Originally posted by LSC Fan View Post
                              I agree with the first part... BUT it appears this league is more like what Triple AAA ball is to the MLB to some extent. I watched some of one of the games this weekend and they mentioned the league consisted of 80% of players who were actually on NFL rosters at one time or another and many were not FA or lower round draft picks either. I would say it might be more of a second or third chance league and some will end up back on NFL rosters.

It was nice to see the Refs not being a factor and the QB not being treated with kid gloves
                              Originally posted by Buff Fan 05 View Post
                              As I said, these leagues come and go like the weather.

What a JOKE.

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post
                                As I said, these leagues come and go like the weather.

What a JOKE.
                                Yep. It's a lost cause to build one of these leagues as the alternative to the NFL.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X