Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Angelo State Football

Angelo State hosts recruit prospect camps.

https://www.conchovalleyhomepage.com...prospect-camp/

Re: Angelo State Football

I meant to go by there on Saturday but got tied up doing things around the house, plus it was 100+ during that camp and I've been made soft by sitting in an office 8 hours per day!

Comment

Where is the program at coming into this season? High expectations? Any expectations?

Comment

Originally posted by Techster88 View Post
        Where is the program at coming into this season? High expectations? Any expectations?
        Natty!

Comment

I would say at least compete for a conference championship. Not saying you have to win it this year, but you have to be close. And if by next year we aren't close, we change directions again. I believe Girsch has a shorter leash than Wag did because of where the university/program was when Wag took over compared to where it is now. Legitimately the only program on campus that has not either won or competed for a conference championship in the last 3 years. (I don't count golf or cross country) Heck even our 2nd year tennis program won a conference championship this year (yes I know football and tennis aren't remotely close to each other in terms of building) but when literally every other sport on campus has hardware coming in on a regular basis, leashes are short and expectations are high.

Comment

Originally posted by ASURAM2010 View Post
            I would say at least compete for a conference championship. Not saying you have to win it this year, but you have to be close. And if by next year we aren't close, we change directions again. I believe Girsch has a shorter leash than Wag did because of where the university/program was when Wag took over compared to where it is now. Legitimately the only program on campus that has not either won or competed for a conference championship in the last 3 years. (I don't count golf or cross country) Heck even our 2nd year tennis program won a conference championship this year (yes I know football and tennis aren't remotely close to each other in terms of building) but when literally every other sport on campus has hardware coming in on a regular basis, leashes are short and expectations are high.
            In order to compete for a conference title you first have to be at the very least competitive against the big three. Something the Rams failed to do a year ago. They were blown out in all three games.

Now, if the offensive scheme has changed with more pound and ground and the defense can tighten up then maybe the Rams take the next step.

Favorable schedule although TAMUK might surprise some as I believe they will be improved this year heading into MW game. How they compete against MW is a make or break the rest of the way. If they are blown again then I would expect the same against Tarleton. TAMUC is question mark until I see how they perform under new HC.

Comment

In order to compete for a conference title you first have to be at the very least competitive against the big three. Something the Rams failed to do a year ago. They were blown out in all three games.

Now, if the offensive scheme has changed with more pound and ground and the defense can tighten up then maybe the Rams take the next step.

Favorable schedule although TAMUK might surprise some as I believe they will be improved this year heading into MW game. How they compete against MW is a make or break the rest of the way. If they are blown again then I would expect the same against Tarleton. TAMUC is question mark until I see how they perform under new HC.
              FYI....it's "ground and pound".

Comment

Comment

Under Leach the air attack caught folks off guard. I for one have grown tired of a fabulous air attack and little else. The new HC at Tech drew the ire of many when he stated he was more interested in Ws than he was the Air Raid offense. Many took it as a slight against their boy KK. Another thing with this offense is that 3 and outs can take less than a minute and give your opponents more opportunities if they are trailing. Smaller RBs cannot get that 3 and 2 or 4 and 1 conversions along with line not used to run blocking. Hope its a more balanced attack than what Tech has shown in previous years. It seems that the talent is there at ASU but the schemes are all wrong.
                  Last edited by Techster88; 07-23-2019, 12:08 PM.

Comment

Thanks, sometimes my thoughts race ahead of my typing. Pops, you seem a little grouchy lately.

Comment

Thanks, sometimes my thoughts race ahead of my typing. Pops, you seem a little grouchy lately.
                      No Sir, not grouchy at all. Dont be so sensitive. Haha.

Comment

No one knows what to expect from Angelo State this year.....especially their opponents.

A new HC who brought in Kilmer as the new OC. Kilmer has studied under Leach, Tuberville, and KK.....and should be an exciting and unpredictable play-caller. Girsch also brought in Clark from Stephenville as DC. Clark knows Girsch's defense well AND has 7 years HC experience. He is also a fantastic recruiter. I understand he has gotten the DB issue solved (this cost the Rams all but 2 losses last season).

It will be an interesting season......and possibly a very surprising season for the Rams.

Counting down to kickoff!

#GoRams

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post
                          No one knows what to expect from Angelo State this year.....especially their opponents.

A new HC who brought in Kilmer as the new OC. Kilmer has studied under Leach, Tuberville, and KK.....and should be an exciting and unpredictable play-caller. Girsch also brought in Clark from Stephenville as DC. Clark knows Girsch's defense well AND has 7 years HC experience. He is also a fantastic recruiter. I understand he has gotten the DB issue solved (this cost the Rams all but 2 losses last season).

It will be an interesting season......and possibly a very surprising season for the Rams.

Counting down to kickoff!

#GoRams

Comment

Also DBs coach for 3 years. His playing experience was as a LBer under Girsch.

Comment

Originally posted by ASURAM2010 View Post
                              I believe Girsch has a shorter leash than Wag did because of where the university/program was when Wag took over compared to where it is now.
                              I would say that's true. Theoretically, he would probably be given more time if he had not been part of the previous regime.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X