Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Probably the recruit I was most excited about from the last 3 WT classes. I'm sure if he can get back to form he will make an impact

Comment

Originally posted by Buff Fan 05 View Post
      Probably the recruit I was most excited about from the last 3 WT classes. I'm sure if he can get back to form he will make an impact
      Agreed

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post

Not sure.....but he was a serious baller in hs....

http://www.hudl.com/v/2ACESQ
        Yes, yes he was. Had the luxury of watching him several times!

Comment

Went and watched the scrimmage on Sunday and there was a back that made several big, hard runs and thought wow that dude is huge wonder who he is...come to find out it was Daven. Looks like he has put on 20 pounds of muscle from when he was at SA Central and first year at WT. Could give us a nice 1,2 with him and Tyrese

Comment

Originally posted by ASURAM2010 View Post

Went and watched the scrimmage on Sunday and there was a back that made several big, hard runs and thought wow that dude is huge wonder who he is...come to find out it was Daven. Looks like he has put on 20 pounds of muscle from when he was at SA Central and first year at WT. Could give us a nice 1,2 with him and Tyrese
            He will be a handful for defenses then. I remember asking you about him after his first year at WT, I think you said he was at ASU taking classes only. Glad to see him back at it, only wish he was at WT still haha. Funny you mention Tyrese..I was about to ask about him because I didn't see him listed on the roster.

Comment

He will be a handful for defenses then. I remember asking you about him after his first year at WT, I think you said he was at ASU taking classes only. Glad to see him back at it, only wish he was at WT still haha. Funny you mention Tyrese..I was about to ask about him because I didn't see him listed on the roster.
              There's no telling with the roster. It appears to be updated in some places and not updated in others. But that would be a big loss for the rams if he indeed is not on the roster.

Comment

I heard there was a scrimmage today- was anyone able to make it? Or heard how they look?

Comment

I was able to go. The whole first "team" offense went one series and then after that it was mix and match, I think trying to figure out full depth charts. Looks like it is going to be more of the same at the QB position this year, as both Charlie and Payne were the ones getting the majority of the reps. We didn't throw the ball much during the scrimmage. Also saw several two TE sets, some two back, its not always going to be 4-5 wide and chuck it. DB's looked to be a lot more physical than in years past. Also, didn't see Leddy French playing safety, not sure if he is injured or what but didn't see him out (I may have missed him). All I am going to say is I am not holding my breath that we will be substantially better than in previous years

Comment

I was able to go. The whole first "team" offense went one series and then after that it was mix and match, I think trying to figure out full depth charts. Looks like it is going to be more of the same at the QB position this year, as both Charlie and Payne were the ones getting the majority of the reps. We didn't throw the ball much during the scrimmage. Also saw several two TE sets, some two back, its not always going to be 4-5 wide and chuck it. DB's looked to be a lot more physical than in years past. Also, didn't see Leddy French playing safety, not sure if he is injured or what but didn't see him out (I may have missed him). All I am going to say is I am not holding my breath that we will be substantially better than in previous years
                    If this season doesn't produce 7 wins what was the point in dismissing Wag? He could still be here for another mediocre season.

Comment

Heard a rumor that Tyrese Nathan was no longer on team. If so would be huge blow as he was our starter from last year

Comment

Originally posted by Techster88 View Post

If this season doesn't produce 7 wins what was the point in dismissing Wag? He could still be here for another mediocre season.
                        The talent is there, just a matter of finding a QB that can distribute the ball, and to find some competent DB's

Comment

Originally posted by Techster88 View Post

I say 8 minimum.

Wag would get a 5-6 or 6-5 consistantly. So, just picking up one more win is NOT an improvement in my opinion.

Comment

The talent is there, just a matter of finding a QB that can distribute the ball, and to find some competent DB's
                            I don't think QB was an issue. Angelo was 2nd in the LSC & 16th in the nation in passing offense in 2018. The offensive issue was running.....they ranked 67th in run offense. But overall, the offense was ranked 3rd in the LSC & 26th in the nation.

The defense was the problem in my opinion. All season everyone was complaining about the offense when it was the defense that sucked eggs. Angelo was ranked 7th in the LSC and 126th in the nation in total defense. The clear problem: pass defense (lack thereof).

The bigger killer was discipline. Angelo ranked 146th in fewest penalties with 99 freaking penalties. That's 8.25 penalties a game....986 yards! That's almost 83 yards PER GAME. UNACCEPTABLE.

Angelo needed someone to flip the program and whip the PROGRAM into shape. By creating a NO NONSENSE, HIGHLY DISCIPLINED, WINNING atmosphere, where lackluster effort at practices and games, poor attitudes, inadequate performance in the classroom, and poor off-field behavior would not be tolerated....AT ALL.

Hopefully, Girsch has created that atmosphere, if not, this will be a LONG SEASON.

I want to do some things at ASU and for ASU, but I am in a wait and see situation. 2019 is an important season for Angelo in my opinion.

Comment

I don't think QB was an issue. Angelo was 2nd in the LSC & 16th in the nation in passing offense in 2018. The offensive issue was running.....they ranked 67th in run offense. But overall, the offense was ranked 3rd in the LSC & 26th in the nation.

The defense was the problem in my opinion. All season everyone was complaining about the offense when it was the defense that sucked eggs. Angelo was ranked 7th in the LSC and 126th in the nation in total defense. The clear problem: pass defense (lack thereof).

The bigger killer was discipline. Angelo ranked 146th in fewest penalties with 99 freaking penalties. That's 8.25 penalties a game....986 yards! That's almost 83 yards PER GAME. UNACCEPTABLE.

Angelo needed someone to flip the program and whip the PROGRAM into shape. By creating a NO NONSENSE, HIGHLY DISCIPLINED, WINNING atmosphere, where lackluster effort at practices and games, poor attitudes, inadequate performance in the classroom, and poor off-field behavior would not be tolerated....AT ALL.

Hopefully, Girsch has created that atmosphere, if not, this will be a LONG SEASON.

I want to do some things at ASU and for ASU, but I am in a wait and see situation. 2019 is an important season for Angelo in my opinion.

Comment

Oh I agree 1000% that the defense was a major problem last year, especially our DB's. They were slow, had terrible fundamentals, and couldn't/wouldn't make a play if they had to. Our LB's were decent in run stop, but outside of Jackson, were awful is pass coverage. DL was good. But I believe that the offense had some weight to bear in that situation. There were several games where our offense would put up good yards and points, but they would have 4-5 straight drives of 3 & outs that took less than 2 minutes off the game clock. When this happens, I believe it has huge impacts on the defense.
                                This year, I think we are still uptempo and no huddle at times, but I think we will also take a hard look at how the offense is performing and either slow things down or put the pedal down to assist our defense. Or at least that is my hope. If you know your defense is bad, take the air out of the ball and give them less opportunities to suck.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X