Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by AngeloFan View Post
    I think our coaches are comfortable at running back and WR. Of course they would like to have Noah and Nate back but there is a lot of young talent at those positions.

I think QB maturity is the bigger issue. Several guys have the physical talent to be productive at QB but I am not sure that their decision making was where it needs to be coming out of spring training..

Not sure about replacing the defensive players that chose to transfer. There was a lot of talent there.
    That truly sucks for ASU. The region is there for them to take since Colorado Mines seems to have lost a lot.

Comment

• Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post

That truly sucks for ASU. The region is there for them to take since Colorado Mines seems to have lost a lot.
      I'm pretty confident that Girsch has what he needs. He has proven he can adapt and overcome. He is the real deal.

Comment

• Originally posted by ASUPops View Post

I'm pretty confident that Girsch has what he needs. He has proven he can adapt and overcome. He is the real deal.
        I am really impressed with what Girsch has done. He treated the covid year like a ten week spring training with four practice games. That gave them time to do a lot of development with the younger guys without game preparation every week. When you look at his recruiting classes, they are very targeted without a lot of room for transfers. He does bring in some transfers but they are usually to fill gaps.

Comment

I am really impressed with what Girsch has done. He treated the covid year like a ten week spring training with four practice games. That gave them time to do a lot of development with the younger guys without game preparation every week. When you look at his recruiting classes, they are very targeted without a lot of room for transfers. He does bring in some transfers but they are usually to fill gaps.
          Yes, I agree. He has built thst program into a top tier football program. Many believe the portal loses will finally catch up. But, knowing Girsch, he is 5 steps ahead.

I am excited to see if he can pull it off again this season. I mean OC Kilmer going into 4th season and DC Clark his 5th season. A solid, reliable, winning coaching staff really makes a difference!!!

We'll see.

Comment

• I am all over the place with my comments...707.

After looking at the 2023 roster currently listed,I do not see where the Rams have addressed all their talent loss. I mean their top 2 of their top 3 defensive players are gone. Of course lineman and starting RB. Again, nothing showing thst has been addressed.

So....I have no clue how good or bad Angelo State will be. Until I see a gane, I would have to guess a .500 team.

Comment

• Looks like ASU has 6 transfers.

QB Gerald Gardner looks pretty good. Plenty of experience at the D2 level. #13 QB in D2 last year. Second team all GMAC 2021 & 2022. Think he threw for over 3000yds last year. Sounds like a good fill in while a couple younger guys develop.
              Last edited by AngeloFan; 08-22-2023, 06:19 PM.

Comment

Looks like ASU has 6 transfers.

QB Gerald Gardner looks pretty good. Plenty of experience at the D2 level. #13 QB in D2 last year. Second team all GMAC 2021 & 2022. Think he threw for over 300yds last year. Sounds like a good fill in while a couple younger guys develop.
                3091 yards, 22 TD, 7 INT on 222/384 passes in 2022. Two decent years for bad teams. From Houston.

With those numbers I'm guessing he didn't come to ASU to sit.

Comment

• Originally posted by cwfenn View Post

3091 yards, 22 TD, 7 INT on 222/384 passes in 2022. Two decent years for bad teams. From Houston.

With those numbers I'm guessing he didn't come to ASU to sit.
                  ASU has two RS freshmen and a true freshman who are very talented. If Gardner works out that will be a big plus to let those guys develop. We like Hagan Garvin in his roll but he is not the QB we need.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X