Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Also, I agree that 7 wins isn't enough. I think if within 2 years we are not withing reach of a conference championship, the entire staff gets filed into file 13. As a department, that is the ONLY program that isn't winning, period. I know I harp on that a lot, but geez, it is the most expensive sport to field, it the doorstep to your university, the biggest opportunity to bring fans and alums into the university fold, and we are sucking eggs for the last decade (save 2 years where we were above average)

Comment

Did you know that in the last 20 years, ASU has won more than 6 games in a season ONLY 4 times. 4. Four freakin times out of 20 years.Twice under Wagner, once under Carr (his first year), and once with Jerry V (he won more than 6, 9 different times). Why can we not win consistently in this sport?

Comment

Originally posted by ASURAM2010 View Post
        Did you know that in the last 20 years, ASU has won more than 6 games in a season ONLY 4 times. 4. Four freakin times out of 20 years.Twice under Wagner, once under Carr (his first year), and once with Jerry V (he won more than 6, 9 different times). Why can we not win consistently in this sport?
        It's ALL about getting the right coach, having the right program built, but more importantly, it's about having the 100% SUPPORT and DEDICATION from the powers that be. Gotta give the HC what he needs to WIN.

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post

It's ALL about getting the right coach, having the right program built, but more importantly, it's about having the 100% SUPPORT and DEDICATION from the powers that be. Gotta give the HC what he needs to WIN.
          This is a genuine question, where there things that Wag wanted that he was not afforded? From the outside looking in and the reports from the Pres, the football program has everything they could even need. Again, this is a genuine question because I know my question sounds snarky.

Comment

This is a genuine question, where there things that Wag wanted that he was not afforded? From the outside looking in and the reports from the Pres, the football program has everything they could even need. Again, this is a genuine question because I know my question sounds snarky.
            I will DM you.

Comment

I am itching for the season to get started.

I am excited to see the changes Girsch has made, especially with him moving to the offensive side of the ball. I think ASU may surprise a few teams this season.....(they BETTER!)

Comment

Anyone hear about the latest developments regarding Angelo football?

Some exciting stuff....huh?

Comment

Anyone hear about the latest developments regarding Angelo football?

Some exciting stuff....huh?
                  No. Not much news of any type around here. What are the latest developments regarding ASU football?

Comment

I am itching for the season to get started.

I am excited to see the changes Girsch has made, especially with him moving to the offensive side of the ball. I think ASU may surprise a few teams this season.....(they BETTER!)
                    What makes you think Girsch is coaching on the offensive side of the ball?
                    Last edited by coachbronk; 09-03-2019, 10:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by coachbronk View Post

What make you think Girsch is coaching on the offensive side of the ball?
                      There is a video on AngeloSports where he says he is moving to the offensive side.

Comment

There is a video on AngeloSports where he says he is moving to the offensive side.
                        Interesting. Had not seen that video. I'll have to check it out. Thanks for the info.

Comment

Originally posted by AngeloFan View Post

No. Not much news of any type around here. What are the latest developments regarding ASU football?
                          I was asking if anyone heard anything to see if: (1) it was true; (2) if so, it was already out.

Comment

Is this a big deal??
                            The Great White Buffalo has Returned

Comment

Nice to see a RUNNING GAME!!!!! Also nice to see the Rams having complete control in the trenches on both sides of the ball.

Verdict STILL out on defensive secondary. But front looked REAL good with 6 sacks. Ummmmmm....defense in the LSC???

Based on last years record......evenly matched team, but Angelo had their way.......IMPORTANT win under new staff & philosophies.

Also noticed an improvement in discipline and LESS penalties.

Excellent start! One down.

Comment

ASU stats from game 1: Western Oregon isn't very good, I think they would be bottom dwellers with UTPB and NMHU in the LSC.

ASU ran a total of 63 plays. 39 Rushes for 238 yards (6.1/per rush) with 3 touchdowns; 27 Passes with 21 completions for 216 yards (8.0/attempt) with 3 touchdowns. Payne Sullins looked much more decisive in his decision making and was a 20 of 24 with 3 TD's no interceptions or fumbles. Definitely less penalties and seemed to have an idea of what they wanted to do offensively.

Defensively we gave up 197 yards rushing on 53 attempts (3.7/rush) and 202 yard passing. Originally the DL looked like it was getting gashed running the football, they were able to get good pressure on passing attempts but had trouble stopping the run. We appeared to be a bit undersized at the DT position. Hunter Kyle has moved inside to LB and gives more in the passing game than previous MLB's we've had. To be successful in the LSC, we will have to figure out a way to stop the run, but felt pretty good overall defensively.

All in all, a win is a win and it was in dominating fashion with UWO scoring in garbage time. Simon Fraser comes to town next weekend and should be much of the same next weekend.

ASUPops, your kids receiving record for yards is in danger this year if Lawson Ayo has a good year. I think he was something like 750 yards short coming into the season. Just another good receiver in a line of really good receivers.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X