• Show
Clear All

Wow that travel

Comment

Originally posted by LionFan View Post
      Wow that travel

Comment

Originally posted by WT&TTECHfan View Post
        Heard expansion for the LSC in football only.The LSC and the rest of the GNAC schools are almost finalized for Central Washington,Western Oregon and Simon Frazier to join the LSC in football only.Should hear an official announcement in a couple of weeks.
        Will believe it when I see it.

Comment

Heard expansion for the LSC in football only.The LSC and the rest of the GNAC schools are almost finalized for Central Washington,Western Oregon and Simon Frazier to join the LSC in football only.Should hear an official announcement in a couple of weeks.
          Hughes might be able to beat Simon Frazier!

Comment

Originally posted by WT_TKW View Post

Hughes might be able to beat Simon Frazier!
            Are you smoking Peyote aka: crack with GWB?

Comment

Yeah that was probably the best option to keep the LSC going and some buffer if other teams decide to take the D1 plunge.

Central Washington is a great add. Western Oregon shows flashes. At least Western and Eastern New Mexico will be able to slap Simon Frazier around and stay out of last place.

Comment

Wow that travel
                Well it is already happening with the non conference games. Perhaps a neutral location could be worked out for some games.

Comment

At first I didn't care about if the GNAC and LSC formed a football only league, but that would certainly help for earned access rather than just a schedule alliance. CWU has four LSC teams on the schedule this year. It doesn't make sense financially, but if the goal is to be competitive, be a national player and get into the playoffs, this only helps both leagues. The banker/lender in me has a problem with the finances though. I'm not sure how sustainable 2-4 flights a year is for CWU. We're also discussing on another GNAC thread the possibility of Big Sky FCS teams dropping down, but my guess is that wouldn't help D2 teams, those Big Sky schools would just drop football.

Comment

Originally posted by Goods View Post
                    At first I didn't care about if the GNAC and LSC formed a football only league, but that would certainly help for earned access rather than just a schedule alliance. CWU has four LSC teams on the schedule this year. It doesn't make sense financially, but if the goal is to be competitive, be a national player and get into the playoffs, this only helps both leagues. The banker/lender in me has a problem with the finances though. I'm not sure how sustainable 2-4 flights a year is for CWU. We're also discussing on another GNAC thread the possibility of Big Sky FCS teams dropping down, but my guess is that wouldn't help D2 teams, those Big Sky schools would just drop football.
                    Central Washington should have some history to pull from. They were members of the NCC for a couple years. That was a ton of travel/flights too.

Comment

It can be done fairly inexpensive. Flights are going to be the big expense. Charter aircraft are at 90,000$ at least that's what my company has been charging for the PAC12 and MTN West. Not sure this is feasible on every campus but teams could stay on campus in open dorms rooms not being used rather than a hotel and eat on campus. Multiple teams share the cost of a chater flight so CWU and WOU share a flight into and out of Texas. Other idea is a showcase game in Seattle where CWU, WOU and SFU play three teams from the LSC Conference at Lumen Field in Seattle a full tilt of football. Then a showcase in Texas with 3 teams from the GNAC and LSC. Cheaper charter aircraft can be around 60,000$ The biggest thing to bring the cost down is having a schedule done by say April. Then the AD calls the airline group sales desk and buy bulk tickets. Say 120 tickets Seattle to Houston would be around anywhere from 15,000 to 18,000$ round trip. All depends on fuel cost on the difference..... Let's Go Brandon
                      Last edited by the tav; 11-02-2021, 02:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by the tav View Post
                        It can be done fairly inexpensive. Flights are going to be the big expense. Charter aircraft are at 90,000$ at least that's what my company has been charging for the PAC12 and MTN West. Not sure this is feasible on every campus but teams could stay on campus in open dorms rooms not being used rather than a hotel and eat on campus. Multiple teams share the cost of a chater flight so CWU and WOU share a flight into and out of Texas. Other idea is a showcase game in Seattle where CWU, WOU and SFU play three teams from the LSC Conference at Lumen Field in Seattle a full tilt of football. Then a showcase in Texas with 3 teams from the GNAC and LSC. Cheaper charter aircraft can be around 60,000$ The biggest thing to bring the cost down is having a schedule done by say April. Then the AD calls the airline group sales desk and buy bulk tickets. Say 120 tickets Seattle to Houston would be around anywhere from 15,000 to 18,000$ round trip. All depends on fuel cost on the difference..... Let's Go Brandon
                        I would like to think (hope) the people making the schedules can/will do everything possible to make that happen. Anytime they can share an expense like that is better for all schools involved. Same goes for teams going from Texas to the NW and back.

Comment

That's going to take a gigantic plane to share between 2 teams. I've shared flights with Commerce more times than I can count and there's barely room for one team, much less 2

Comment

That's going to take a gigantic plane to share between 2 teams. I've shared flights with Commerce more times than I can count and there's barely room for one team, much less 2

Comment

I'm glad someone else is recognizing the potential of the first bolded item. I had never thought of the second.

Comment

Please tell me this is a joke and you really don't believe any president influences gas prices?

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X