Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Runnin' Cat View Post

This is what you posted. You said "is a starter". That connotares something different.

t is bad enough that you live in a PNW bubble, but this is not semantics. It is tense. Please don't make my CWU degree be worth less.
    It appears as though it already is. ;) (jk)

Comment

This is what you posted. You said "is a starter". That connotares something different.

t is bad enough that you live in a PNW bubble, but this is not semantics. It is tense. Please don't make my CWU degree be worth less.
      Does that mean Russel Wilson "is a starter" in Seattle or Denver? Please clarify for me. Is Tyreke Hill a starter in KC or Miami? Why can't the same thing be said about Cappa and Cincinnati after he switches teams?

Comment

Originally posted by Wildcat Khan View Post

Does that mean Russel Wilson "is a starter" in Seattle or Denver? Please clarify for me. Is Tyreke Hill a starter in KC or Miami? Why can't the same thing be said about Cappa and Cincinnati after he switches teams?
        I don't have my 64 pack of crayolas. "Will be a starter" is correct.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by JavsFan View Post

I would be surprised if something along these lines does not happen in the next few years. The Power 5 needs to get the TV contracts to expire all at once and then they could hit the ground running from day 1.
            You'll never get the current TV contracts to expire concurrently. That's what the lawyers are for. However, the new pie will be so big, it'll be easy to cut everyone (ABC, NBC, CBS, Fox, ESPN, etc) in. No one will go hungry.

The demand for content to fill the demand will extend to what remains of the NCAA schools. Indianapolis will still be able to peddle games for a few bucks.
            Last edited by BuffaloChip; 03-24-2022, 10:06 AM.

Comment

A dispassionate look from outward would probably conclude that WT (sports) leadership's position is exactly where it should be.

I, too, have coveted the eye gleam of D1 status. But, for the time being, WT is on the right path for WT.

Comment

Sorry I missed your reply earlier. I think the line gets blurred because Alabama, Georgia, 2019 LSU, and Clemson were so far ahead of the pack that it didnt matter which of the remaining 120+ teams made it, they were going to get demolished.

From a neutral standpoint I believe the power 5 champions are deserving to be in the playoff most years. The Big 12, PAC 10, and ACC had off years in 2021 especially with Clemson and Oklahoma being much weaker.

It makes sense to me to kill 2 birds with one stone. It ends which conference gets left out and a couple of wild card choices which includes an undefeated team like Cincinnati that wouldnt normally get a chance at it (Central Florida in years past).

Comment

I don't have my 64 pack of crayolas. "Will be a starter" is correct.
                  Hahaha

Comment

Interesting. I think you are right. This voids any further D1 discussion at this point. As you said, it would be delusional.

Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post

You'll never get the current TV contracts to expire concurrently. That's what the lawyers are for. However, the new pie will be so big, it'll be easy to cut everyone (ABC, NBC, CBS, Fox, ESPN, etc) in. No one will go hungry.

The demand for content to fill the demand will extend to what remains of the NCAA schools. Indianapolis will still be able to peddle games for a few bucks.

Maybe. I'm sure there would be multiple lawsuits from the NCAA, institutions left out and TV networks not included.
                      Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink whatever comes out?"

Comment

Originally posted by Wildcat Khan View Post

It doesn't change the fact that a 77 NET Rutgers and a ND team (yes, they did well for their seed) that was a comparable resume to BYU got in, yet Dayton and SMU with better resumes than both were left out. The power leagues (can include Big East) drive viewers, which in turn drives who's included. As long as they give the nod to the P6 schools over a better resume from a mid-major, they tilt the money to go to the P6 conferences from those that might deserve it. Also how is the #3 team in the NET in Houston a 5 seed? The announcers watching the game said "This is not a 5-seed" with how they were playing. It should be no surprise they beat the properly seeded Illinois (15 NET) how a 1-seed should beat a 4-seed. At least a bad seed you can play your way out of though.

Right now BYU and pre-season top 25 St Bonaventure are still alive in the NIT
                        Oof. As I suspected when BYU played at least an average power 5 opponent at home they were not only beaten but humiliated at home to Washington State. Why BYU shouldnt have been in the NCAA tournament. Thats the downfall of the NET being awarded for beating top 50 at home and top 75 on the road. It happens but beaten those fringe teams doesnt mean you belong in the dance.

Comment

Well.....at least we now all KNOW that WTAMU has zero plans on moving up to D1. Finally, that is put to bed for the foreseeable future.

The focus is now on DOMINATING DII sports. The MOST important being football. What will it take for WTAMU football to become the Northwest Missouri; Grand Valley; Pittsburg State? Or the North Dakota State of DII?

Once they dominate football on a regular basis, then discussions about a move to FCS is mute, No?

Until that point, it's all gobbledygook.

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post
                            Well.....at least we now all KNOW that WTAMU has zero plans on moving up to D1. Finally, that is put to bed for the foreseeable future.

The focus is now on DOMINATING DII sports. The MOST important being football. What will it take for WTAMU football to become the Northwest Missouri; Grand Valley; Pittsburg State? Or the North Dakota State of DII?

Once they dominate football on a regular basis, then discussions about a move to FCS is mute, No?

Remember just a few years ago peeps would have laughed and thought the same thing about a Tarleton or Commerce move to Division 1 and here they are. Chances are still microscopically low for WT but depending on what happens around them it could force their hand one day.

WT was well on their way to dominating at least the LSC and then an open door to dominate the region when the regions were reshuffled and the MIAA was placed elsewhere. WT proved that making it to the national semifinals in 2013.

Then Don Carthel was fired and the Carthels made it happen in Commerce and the rest is history.

I think the window for WT is open again with Commerce and Tarleton departing but unfortunately I dont feel the right coaching staff is in place to accomplish it.

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post

The focus is now on DOMINATING DII sports. The MOST important is football. What will it take for WTAMU football to become the Northwest Missouri; Grand Valley; Pittsburg State? Or the North Dakota State of DII?

Once they dominate football on a regular basis, then discussions about a move to FCS are mute, No?

I just want Wt's football team to be as competitive as the rest of the sports. It appears the standard is playing in the regional championship game. It is of course good to host the regional tournament. I frankly am at a loss to explain Wt's lack of success in football. We tend to blame the head coach for everything. The problem may be deeper than just a coaching change
                              The Great White Buffalo has Returned

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post

Remember just a few years ago peeps would have laughed and thought the same thing about a Tarleton or Commerce move to Division 1 and here they are. Chances are still microscopically low for WT but depending on what happens around them it could force their hand one day.

WT was well on their way to dominating at least the LSC and then an open door to dominate the region when the regions were reshuffled and the MIAA was placed elsewhere. WT proved that making it to the national semifinals in 2013.

Then Don Carthel was fired and the Carthels made it happen in Commerce and the rest is history.

I think the window for WT is open again with Commerce and Tarleton departing but unfortunately I dont feel the right coaching staff is in place to accomplish it.

It was 2012 when Carthel coached his last game. He was fired in August of 2013 and Nesbitt took over as caretaker. The 2013 season was very good, but that was the last one. Nesbitt had a winning record due to playing teams like OPSU and McMurry who briefly moved to D2. Hughes has been marginally better. Last season was one of his better ones with a 7-4 record including wins over 2 NAIA teams. I don't see football ever improving while McBroom is AD. 8 years of mediocrity with another one coming up.

https://gobuffsgo.com/sports/football/schedule/2012

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X