Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Midwestern State Football Stadium

New Midwestern State president Mazachek pushing for new on campus football stadium. It's gonna happen sooner than later with help from big daddy.

https://www.timesrecordnews.com/stor...um/7205518001/

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post
    New Midwestern State president Mazachek pushing for new on campus football stadium. It's gonna happen sooner than later with help from big daddy.

Reading that article and the tone of it, it sounds like she could be positioning for a future move to D1 or at the very least a D2 football power.

Great for Midwestern University to have a president excited about the football team, growing enrollment, and wanting to use social media and marketing to make MSU well known.

These are the types of articles, comments, and actions that I would like to see from the current WT administration.

Comment

Much needed for a program that has been successful for a long time. Tech should invest in Midwestern as it only grows the brand. It sure took A&M a long time to figure it out.

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post

Reading that article and the tone of it, it sounds like she could be positioning for a future move to D1 or at the very least a D2 football power.

Great for Midwestern University to have a president excited about the football team, growing enrollment, and wanting to use social media and marketing to make MSU well known.

These are the types of articles, comments, and actions that I would like to see from the current WT administration.
        You and I must be reading two different "articles". I didn't read anything about a future move to D1 or being a D2 football power. She just said the only thing MSU didn't have that she'd like is a stadium. did WT not build a new stadium a few years ago?

Comment

Originally posted by Herb Street View Post

You and I must be reading two different "articles". I didn't read anything about a future move to D1 or being a D2 football power. She just said the only thing MSU didn't have that she'd like is a stadium. did WT not build a new stadium a few years ago?
          Mazachek is 100% football minded! Part of the crayon she was hired. Tech BOR are big into football and all about growing the program and facilities.

But, talk is cheap. We shall see within 5 years what's going on at MSU Texas.

Comment

Originally posted by Herb Street View Post

Or we are interpreting two different ways. You aren't going to invest in a new football stadium if you aren't going to give a crap about your football team. Tapping into the Texas Tech fund they could build a nice one to attract recruits. She is also interested in increasing enrollment and being well known regionally outside Wichita Falls. Future D1 move is strictly opinion in my part.

Comment

Or we are interpreting two different ways. You aren't going to invest in a new football stadium if you aren't going to give a crap about your football team. Tapping into the Texas Tech fund they could build a nice one to attract recruits. She is also interested in increasing enrollment and being well known regionally outside Wichita Falls. Future D1 move is strictly opinion in my part.

Comment

WT got a new stadium but the football is average at best and has been since 2013. McBroom and Wendler don't seem to care.

Did it increase enrollment? No.

Comment

wow that is interesting. maybe texas tech can become a football power one day too. or not.

Comment

Do you believe that TTU may have a more hands off approach with Angelo State because of the oil money ASU has? ASU may be more autonomous within the system. Midwestern may be more open to TTU leadership.

We have already seen it with the A&M schools.

Comment

Not sure about how or why money flowis into schools from the motherships, but I will say this: Angelo's football stadium is a nice facility. Midwestern's field is a space shared with high schools, and not a good facility for college athletics. If the TTU system was going to put money into athletics facilities of system schools, Midwestern had a greater immediate need. I agree with both texcap in that Tech is very sensitive about sharing any of their funding, and I also agree with Buffalo that a new facility would likely attract more recruits. Maybe with the new board of regents placing a higher emphasis on athletics than previous boards we are seeing some loosening of purse strings.

I saw two HS games at the field shared by WFISD and Midwestern and was worried about kids getting hurt on almost every play. Sorry if I offended any Wichita Falls folks.

Comment

Like I said if I were a Midwestern State Fan I would be excited with the new president's energy and vision to improve and expand the university influence. Nothing more nothing less.

I see the opposite coming from WT outside the new football stadium and I havent seen too many efforts to try to fill the stadium like there was during the Carthel days at Kimbrough.

I would love to be proven wrong from the WT side of the house and supporters. Even the enrollment numbers have been mostly stagnant since 2017 pre covid.

Comment

Originally posted by Techster88 View Post

Do you believe that TTU may have a more hands off approach with Angelo State because of the oil money ASU has? ASU may be more autonomous within the system. Midwestern may be more open to TTU leadership.

We have already seen it with the A&M schools.
                          According to past leadership, TTU is VERY hands on and has a HUGE say of what happens at Angelo. I had dozens of conversations about this. I also know, as with most management, employees are not given the inside scoop on a lot of things.

MSU Texas is a different animal. And TTU BOR is very excited. Look for some cool things to happen in Wichita Falls over the next 3-5 years.

Comment

According to past leadership, TTU is VERY hands on and has a HUGE say of what happens at Angelo. I had dozens of conversations about this. I also know, as with most management, employees are not given the inside scoop on a lot of things.

MSU Texas is a different animal. And TTU BOR is very excited. Look for some cool things to happen in Wichita Falls over the next 3-5 years.

Comment

TTU is really trying to build their brand by adding additional affiliates. My ex has both her under & graduate degrees from Tech she is very involved with Alum. She said she has noticed big changes in the BOR and a more aggressive approach.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X