Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ASUPops View Post

You didn't say that. Your first sentence was: "Students want to show up and be on TV." And THAT is simply not true!!

WT_TKW is 100% correct. Times have changed and no one cares about being on "tv" by being in the stands at events. FACTS.

"OH let's go to the Buffs basketball game and sit in the stands. It's gonna be televised. We might be on TV!" Yeah. Not happening. Hahaha
    100%, huh?

Because both of you guys have D2 thinking.

I guess both of you never watch the small school tournament conference championship games held at the home sites on ESPN for the NCAA March Madness berths?

So peeps go to games with cardboard signs saying "go team, hi mom, etc." because they only want others in the stands to see them?

So the student section doesnt act crazy and all flock to the camera coming out of commercial breaks because they dont want to be on TV?

Check out the Wagner and Vermont highlights. I doubt either team sells out if ESPN wasnt covering the game on their home courts.

One of the many links out there to prove my point: Wagner vs Bryant Basketball Game Highlights, 2022 NEC Championship - YouTube

I would bet my retirement and all net worth that WT would sell out their arena if the championship game was held on their home floor and ESPN was there to nationally televise it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post

100%, huh?

Because both of you guys have D2 thinking.

I guess both of you never watch the small school tournament conference championship games held at the home sites on ESPN for the NCAA March Madness berths?

So peeps go to games with cardboard signs saying "go team, hi mom, etc." because they only want others in the stands to see them?

So the student section doesnt act crazy and all flock to the camera coming out of commercial breaks because they dont want to be on TV?

Check out the Wagner and Vermont highlights. I doubt either team sells out if ESPN wasnt covering the game on their home courts.

One of the many links out there to prove my point: Wagner vs Bryant Basketball Game Highlights, 2022 NEC Championship - YouTube

I would bet my retirement and all net worth that WT would sell out their arena if the championship game was held on their home floor and ESPN was there to nationally televise it.

I stand by my statement 100%

And I'll take that retirement & net worth.....maybe it will pay for my jet fuel.

Comment

• Originally posted by Techster88 View Post

Still waiting to see some major improvements from TAMU-Commerce/ East Texas State. The school made the jump albeit to the lowly Southland Conference but I have not seen anything in upgrades going on like at Tarleton. IF we are supposed to be rivals then we need to keep up with the Jones so to speak. The football stadium needs a major overhaul not lipstick on a pig. I cannot see why Commerce can't do a major stadium overhaul and bring the stadium into the 21st century. If the commitment was made to go D1 then commitment upgrades need to be made as well otherwise we are no better off than the broke Louisiana schools we share the conference with.
        I really hope TAMU Commerce jumps to the WAC after transition. The more Texas schools in the WAC makes it feel like the LSC. Not sure why Lamar would want to go back to that cesspool other than geographical location, but their football program may say a lot about their expectations. NONE!

Comment

• Originally posted by ASUPops View Post

I stand by my statement 100%

And I'll take that retirement & net worth.....maybe it will pay for my jet fuel.
          Well this is all a moot point since WT has declared they aren't moving D1.

Note: I would make this same bet with you in writing and notarized with a million witnesses that Angelo State, Tarleton, Commerce, etc. would sell out their gym if ESPN was there to nationally televise a NCAA spot on the line.

Overall this will never happen for any current school in the WAC or Southland unless both conference went back to having the championship game at the home site of the highest remaining seed.

I wish every conference did this. It rewards teams like North Texas and Texas State that killed it during the regular season but get tripped up on a neutral court having a bad game.

Comment

• Originally posted by Techster88 View Post

I really hope TAMU Commerce jumps to the WAC after transition. The more Texas schools in the WAC makes it feel like the LSC. Not sure why Lamar would want to go back to that cesspool other than geographical location, but their football program may say a lot about their expectations. NONE!
            The sports program at Lamar in general was a dumpster fire in the WAC. They didn't win a conference game in Football, Basketball, and Volleyball.

Their only 2 wins in basketball were against non D1 competition (Wiley College and Our Lady of the Lake University). Getting swept by Chicago State tells you everything you need to know about the state of the basketball program.

They were decent in baseball and softball.

They won an undefeated conference championship in Tennis but got smoked on their homecourt by ACU in the conference tournament with an NCAA berth on the line.

So from a competition and geographical perspective it was probably in their best interest to move back to the Southland.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
            Working...
            X