Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post

As soon as I rack up the last 3 step Houston locality pay I will probably join you both in about 10 years or so. However if Texas turns blue with the higher taxes that come with it then Tennessee is looking like a great option. They are what Texas was 20 years ago with no state income tax and cheaper property taxes.
    And the mentality of 50 years ago!! NO THANKS.

But....I'll be dead in 10 years, so whatever. Lol.

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post

To the absolute contrary. I can only speak for Allen Universities model. It is BECAUSE they have 4 teams that a player does not get missed. FYI, several players along the years left FISD to come to Allen because they were "back ups" on FISD freshman team. They got noticed at Allen University because they had an opportunity to start on a JV team. Then went on to a great football career.

This scenario has repeated itself over and over and over at Allen.

In their football program NO ONE cared about W's until you hit Varsity. From Middle School to JV it's about player development and reps. Win or lose, players are on a rotation regardless of score. It can be frustrating when parents and such want to WIN WIN WIN. But it is this very model that makes the varsity a competitive team. And sooooo many players get to move on to play college ball. I know a "3rd string" receiver who played college ball and won 2 natty's.

Plus....Allen University can offer what majority of other High Schools can not, a vast array of options from health sciences(medical & lab), agriculture, and engineering to culinary arts and television broadcasting, etc. Their student opportunities are endless. No one is left out. There is something for EVERYONE.

Instead of putting money in to cookie cut other HS's campuses, whereby just duplicating the same thing over and over, they instead build new facilities to grant better offerings and specialties. The STEAM (science, technology, engineering, arts, mathmatics) Learning campus is DYNAMIC. Absolute top of the line. https://www.allenisd.org/site/defaul...1&PageID=54990

I moved from Allen 3 years ago. Now I live in a more rural area that is nice and quiet. But honestly, I sure miss the days when my kids were at Allen HS. 3 of my 4 graduated from Allen. My oldest from Plano. I do miss all the conveniences and the "mindset" of the people.
      ASUPops

What sent the Allen head football coach running for the hills during spring workouts?

Chad Morris stepping down as Allen Eagles head football coach | wfaa.com

Comment

Originally posted by LSC Fan View Post
        BBQ, some of the best Tex Mex, Burgers, Beer, Wine,, etc. And you have entertainment and retail options galore. If you get bored, you have issues.

Who knows we might be neighbors one day! God help that town. Lol!
        Louie Mueller in Taylor some of the best brisket you will ever put in your mouth. Although the place looks like a dungeon. Salt Lick BBQ outside of Austin. Show up starving so you can eat like a Javelina. Never disappointed. Ribs are awesome . Blacks BBQ in Lockhart best Beef Rib bob apetit Texas Carnivore style

Comment

Originally posted by Techster88 View Post

Louie Mueller in Taylor some of the best brisket you will ever put in your mouth. Although the place looks like a dungeon. Salt Lick BBQ outside of Austin. Show up starving so you can eat like a Javelina. Never disappointed. Ribs are awesome . Blacks BBQ in Lockhart best Beef Rib bob apetit Texas Carnivore style
          Funny thing I lived in Lockhart for 3 years but would always prefer to get Salt Lick in Wimberly instead of Black's in Lockhart. Black's is good but Salt Lick was #1 for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Techster88 View Post

Comment

That is true even here, one of the best restaurants is a dive bar along the Columbia River. From the outside it looks like nothing and has a gravel parking lot, but the food is amazing. Fortunately for anyone planning on going to Ellensburg for a game The Tav doesn't have that feel for the best food in town. I know several posters on here from the LSC have eaten there when their teams would visit.

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post

ASUPops

What sent the Allen head football coach running for the hills during spring workouts?

Chad Morris stepping down as Allen Eagles head football coach | wfaa.com
                D1 football position. (Sorry, no drama or dirty laundry involved)

Comment

The absolute BEST BBQ is NONE!!! Can't stand smoked meats!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post
                    Smoked salmon is great! If you come to the Pacific Northwest when ASU visits you should try some. While it may be harder to find in Ellensburg, I'm sure Vancouver has it for SFU.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wildcat Khan View Post

That is true even here, one of the best restaurants is a dive bar along the Columbia River. From the outside it looks like nothing and has a gravel parking lot, but the food is amazing. Fortunately for anyone planning on going to Ellensburg for a game The Tav doesn't have that feel for the best food in town. I know several posters on here from the LSC have eaten there when their teams would visit.
                      Sounds exactly like the type of place to go to when visiting somewhere new.

Comment

• Originally posted by ASUPops View Post

Comment

• Nah, my Italian is showing!

New York has plenty of smoked meats. Some places been around since 1800's and early 1900's.

As an Italian-American, we don't smoke meats.....FREAKING GROSS. We cure meats. And have done so for thousands of years.

So, keep smoking your cheap cuts of meat and ENJOY!!! ;)

Comment

D1 football position. (Sorry, no drama or dirty laundry involved)
                            Hmmm. Unless he took a head coaching position I would think that is a cut in pay since the Allen high school head coach averages a $124,000 yearly salary.

I get it though if the position leads to another head coaching opportunity.

Also sounds like he got a lot of heat for losing some home games.

Comment

Nah, my Italian is showing!

New York has plenty of smoked meats. Some places been around since 1800's and early 1900's.

As an Italian-American, we don't smoke meats.....FREAKING GROSS. We cure meats. And have done so for thousands of years.

So, keep smoking your cheap cuts of meat and ENJOY!!! ;)
                              Cheap cuts of meat you say? Have you priced a brisket of any grade at your local meat market lately?

Let's go Brandon!

Comment

• Originally posted by LSC Fan View Post

Cheap cuts of meat you say? Have you priced a brisket of any grade at your local meat market lately?

Let's go Brandon!
                                Thats the truth.

I asked Salt Lick BBQ the prices for their brisket and sausage for delivery. I would basically have to take out a loan against my TSP retirement to make that happen.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X