Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So the new president makes a one-off remark about how she'd like to have a new stadium on campus, and next thing you know MSU is going to the Big 12 and WT sucks.

You guys are something.

Comment

Originally posted by Herb Street View Post

wow that is interesting. maybe texas tech can become a football power one day too. or not.
      Probably not, but playing teams like Texas OU, and OSU keep the money flowing.

Comment

So the new president makes a one-off remark about how she'd like to have a new stadium on campus, and next thing you know MSU is going to the Big 12 and WT sucks.

You guys are something.
        Read the whole article. She wants Midwestern State known outside Wichita Falls and wants to leverage the Tech connection and social media to make that happen. She is saying the right things and time will tell if she is successful and can deliver. I like her energy and how she is trying to fire up the fan base and the community.

Of course I dont think WT sucks but when I see the WT president that looks like a 50s chemistry teacher making several youtube videos complaining about transfer portals/D1 and hinting about keeping the WT influence inside the Texas panhandle then to me they have little interest trying to grow the enrollment and interest outside the panhandle. Grand Valley has 25,000 students and they appear to be comfortable in D2. As I said in an earlier post WT enrollment has been stagnant. Picked up a little this year lets see if its a trend.

WT built the new on-campus football stadium. Thats awesome. Hopefully they can finally return the program to playoff caliber and sell out the stadium more often with crowds like the Angelo State game last year.

I want WT to be successful but want to see the university and football team grow as well.

Comment

You guys are something.
          Are you farking drunk???? 707070707

Reading and reading comprehension are good things. You should try them!! ;)

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post

Are you farking drunk???? 707070707

Reading and reading comprehension are good things. You should try them!! ;)

I took the MSU president's comment to mean that MSU is going P5 and Walter What's His Name wants to move WT into the district with Amarillo High.

Comment

Comment

I took the MSU president's comment to mean that MSU is going P5 and Walter What's His Name wants to move WT into the district with Amarillo High.
                Don't knock the District that Amarillo High was in for the last couple of years. Some very serious football played in 5AD1 District 2. Just sayin' ;-)

Comment

That's not too far off from one of Wendler's quotes. In one of his videos he compared WT competing in FCS to the equivalent of a 3A Texas high school playing a 6A Houston high school.

That statement reminded me about 10 years ago when Stephenville was a small 3A school scheduling Amarillo High when they briefly dropped down from 5A to 4A for a couple of years (6A hadn't been created yet). Stephenville ended up whipping them 35-14.

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post
                    New Midwestern State president Mazachek pushing for new on campus football stadium. It's gonna happen sooner than later with help from big daddy.

https://www.timesrecordnews.com/stor...um/7205518001/
                    I hadn't realized that MSU became part of the Texas Tech system last year. I knew they were a stand-alone institution for the longest time before aligning with Lubbock.
                    Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

LOL707LOL

Comment

That's about 3 times more than CWU used to upgrade Tomlinson (which is on campus), finally getting lights, field turf, and stopping the talk of the bathrooms on the GNAC forums. I have to wonder how large of a stadium it will be and don't think FCS level, but it will be good of course to have a stadium on campus to use for the students. I know some Midwestern fans already have been to Tomlinson last year and know how small it is.

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	image_3610.jpg Views:	15 Size:	56.6 KB ID:	663879
                          Last edited by Herb Street; 04-04-2022, 09:12 PM.

Comment

Hahahahaha.

Are you sure that's not Hughes coaches sky box?

Comment

"The $38-million Bain-Schaeffer Buffalo Stadium was completed in 2019 and officially brought football back to campus on Sept. 6, 2019, after 60 years at the former Kimbrough Memorial Stadium north of Canyon."

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post

Read the whole article. She wants Midwestern State known outside Wichita Falls and wants to leverage the Tech connection and social media to make that happen. She is saying the right things and time will tell if she is successful and can deliver. I like her energy and how she is trying to fire up the fan base and the community.

Of course I dont think WT sucks but when I see the WT president that looks like a 50s chemistry teacher making several youtube videos complaining about transfer portals/D1 and hinting about keeping the WT influence inside the Texas panhandle then to me they have little interest trying to grow the enrollment and interest outside the panhandle. Grand Valley has 25,000 students and they appear to be comfortable in D2. As I said in an earlier post WT enrollment has been stagnant. Picked up a little this year lets see if its a trend.

WT built the new on-campus football stadium. Thats awesome. Hopefully they can finally return the program to playoff caliber and sell out the stadium more often with crowds like the Angelo State game last year.

I want WT to be successful but want to see the university and football team grow as well.

Enrollment actually declined this Spring.. Like I have said before, the Mothership needs to do some house cleaning in Canyon.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X