Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post

Hmmm. Unless he took a head coaching position I would think that is a cut in pay since the Allen high school head coach averages a $124,000 yearly salary.

I get it though if the position leads to another head coaching opportunity.

Also sounds like he got a lot of heat for losing some home games.
    You evidently you have NO CLUE. Bo Davis, DL coach, making $900k in 2022; Terry Joseph,Passing Coordinator, making $800k in 2022; Jeff Choate, ILB coach, making $575k in 2022. That's just 3 at UT.

Former Angelo State offensive coordinator Theron Aych was making over $200k at UTEP as a receivers coach. LMAO. Now he is at Tennessee State as OC. He brought A Lew from Angelo to Tennessee State.

I can go on all day!!!

And absolutely NO HEAT at all. They lost 1 home game vs Atascocita, and made the play-offs, AGAIN. Lost to SLC.

No longer living in Allen for past three years, so, I get my info from parents, players, a few assistant coaches, boosters. I have no first hand knowledge.

I would look for Allen HS Football to decline as time goes on. The city is attracting more Asians and academic minded families due to the academic offerings at the HS, especially now with the new STEAM Center/campus.

Also, the emphasis on football has dwindled since former AD Steve Williams left

Comment

• Originally posted by LSC Fan View Post

Cheap cuts of meat you say? Have you priced a brisket of any grade at your local meat market lately?

Let's go Brandon!
      Nope! But beef brisket is still one of the least expensive cuts of beef you can buy.

Yeah, he is doing an awesome job, isn't he? I love the nearing $5 a gallon gasoline! Go Joe Go!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by ASUPops View Post

You evidently you have NO CLUE. Bo Davis, DL coach, making $900k in 2022; Terry Joseph,Passing Coordinator, making $800k in 2022; Jeff Choate, ILB coach, making $575k in 2022. That's just 3 at UT.

Former Angelo State offensive coordinator Theron Aych was making over $200k at UTEP as a receivers coach. LMAO. Now he is at Tennessee State as OC. He brought A Lew from Angelo to Tennessee State.

I can go on all day!!!

And absolutely NO HEAT at all. They lost 1 home game vs Atascocita, and made the play-offs, AGAIN. Lost to SLC.

No longer living in Allen for past three years, so, I get my info from parents, players, a few assistant coaches, boosters. I have no first hand knowledge.

I would look for Allen HS Football to decline as time goes on. The city is attracting more Asians and academic minded families due to the academic offerings at the HS, especially now with the new STEAM Center/campus.

Also, the emphasis on football has dwindled since former AD Steve Williams left
        Ok but has he actually been hired for any of these positions?

I have googled extensively and all I can find is "resigned and has the opportunity to return to college football"

Maybe its me but if it were one of those positions he would be singing from the rooftops about it or a news outlet would have ran the story.

He may eventually but that is strange to me. Seems like 95% of the time its reported where he is going and the position.

Allen decline in football in a pool of a million freshman and JV teams and the most expensive high school football stadium in the US?

That is some serious spin. If Allen is going to decline then finally split the high school up into 2 other high schools and call it a day.

Serious question. When does Allen build another high school? At 8k, 9k, 10k, 12k, etc. students?

Comment

I have googled extensively and all I can find is "resigned and has the opportunity to return to college football"

Maybe its me but if it were one of those positions he would be singing from the rooftops about it or a news outlet would have ran the story.

He may eventually but that is strange to me. Seems like 95% of the time its reported where he is going and the position.

Allen decline in football in a pool of a million freshman and JV teams and the most expensive high school football stadium in the US?

That is some serious spin. If Allen is going to decline then finally split the high school up into 2 other high schools and call it a day.

Serious question. When does Allen build another high school? At 8k, 9k, 10k, 12k, etc. students?
          As stated, I no longer reside in Allen and no longer involved in city government or school board. The last discussions were to keep one campus and build other specialty sites. The did build and extensive STEAM location.

Right now, they have Lowery Center which is the Freshman school, and then Allen HS Campus (10th, 11th, 12th). I can see a possible HS (9th/10th) and then the Sr HS. But I don't know if another second school will ever come.

Back in '09 several on this message board argued with me RELENTLESSLY saying that they guarantee within 5 years Allen would have 2 and maybe even 3 HS. 2014 came and gone.....ONE HS.

In 2014, this again became a topic where a multitude of posters ganged up, basically calling me stupid & naive to think Allen could remain a 1 HS city. I tried to explain, but all I received was ridicule. There were much "smarter guys in the room". Again told Allen would have a 2nd HS within 5 years. As a matter of fact one poster had "inside information" and called my statements of 1 HS ignorant. MANY laughed at me. 2019 came and gone....ONE HS.

It is now 2022, 13 years came and gone......ONE HS.

The University of Allen will be around for many years to come. Anyone wanna put a sawbuck or two on the best 5 years??

And I have no other comments on Coach. I gave the info I had.

Comment

Regarding a decline.....looking at it logically....Allen's largest growth by race is Asians, which account for almost 20% of the population. MAJORITY do not play football. As stated, Allen is becoming very well known for its sciences, math, engineering, and robotics programs. This is attracting a different student than previous years.

In the past, Allen attracted many athletes to its HS. Moving in from all over the US. It was THE place for a serious football player......or over zealous wealthy parents who thought little Johnny was a stud (haha).

While they still have good athletes, it certain isn't the juggernaut in football it was.

Does that mean they won't compete for a state title again? No.

They will be competitive, but again, looking at the new wave and shift, I wouldn't bet on them being a juggernaut again.

Comment

Regarding a decline.....looking at it logically....Allen's largest growth by race is Asians, which account for almost 20% of the population. MAJORITY do not play football. As stated, Allen is becoming very well known for its sciences, math, engineering, and robotics programs. This is attracting a different student than previous years.

In the past, Allen attracted many athletes to its HS. Moving in from all over the US. It was THE place for a serious football player......or over zealous wealthy parents who thought little Johnny was a stud (haha).

While they still have good athletes, it certain isn't the juggernaut in football it was.

Does that mean they won't compete for a state title again? No.

They will be competitive, but again, looking at the new wave and shift, I wouldn't bet on them being a juggernaut again.
              ASUPops like the new hire?

Comment

• Going back to the original thoughts on this thread of an on campus stadium, how many LSC schools have on campus stadiums? The 3 new ones do for those wondering.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wildcat Khan View Post
                  Going back to the original thoughts on this thread of an on campus stadium, how many LSC schools have on campus stadiums? The 3 new ones do for those wondering.
                  All but two. Midwestern State (MSU-Texas), and UTPB share stadiums with local HS football.

Midwestern will be building an on campus stadium. Not sure of the completion date.

Comment

ASUPops like the new hire?

Haven't thought much about it.

Not a bad hire. Lee is a top notch guy. Former Angelo State player & coach. Has good experience and knows how to win. However, Allen Football is a BEAST to coach.

I am not sure how he will do......but, if based on the man, his character, and work ethic? He will do GREAT.

Comment

All but two. Midwestern State (MSU-Texas), and UTPB share stadiums with local HS football.

Midwestern will be building an on campus stadium. Not sure of the completion date.
                      Not quite the same but Stephenville and Kingsville high schools play at the college stadium.

Comment

Before the upgrades at Tomlinson, there was a talk of a joint stadium with Ellensburg HS. With the upgrades though I haven't heard anymore about as the main reason was lights, which Tomlinson used to not have. The campus has also been expanding out that direction as it was pretty much empty in the 90's.

Comment

• Originally posted by AngeloFan View Post

Not quite the same but Stephenville and Kingsville high schools play at the college stadium.
                          Correct. Wildcat Khan asked who had on campus stadiums.

Comment

• Originally posted by AngeloFan View Post

And the Tarleton administration refused to renew their agreement for Stephenville ISD to use their stadium with this year being the last year the high school could use it. As a result, the ISD purposed at $75 million dollar bond for athletic facilities with $50 million for a new stadium and it went down in flames a few weeks ago. So they might have a problem in 2023. Either that or Stephenville High will have to become a Thursday night lights team for home game if Tarleton will allow them some time because future conference considerations will not allow games to be played in their facility up to 24 hours before a Saturday kickoff.

Comment

• Yeah the whole Buffalo Stadium thing and the local Canyon High schools have all been a mystery for me. Until a few years ago the WT Football team and still the Canyon High school football teams would travel 4 miles to an off campus stadium to play and then Randall High School travels 8 miles the opposite direction to play there. Now Canyon has a new high school (West Plains) that will play there that's 10 miles away and for all intent and purposes might as well be in Amarillo ISD with the location. Fun times.

Comment

Yeah the whole Buffalo Stadium thing and the local Canyon High schools have all been a mystery for me. Until a few years ago the WT Football team and still the Canyon High school football teams would travel 4 miles to an off campus stadium to play and then Randall High School travels 8 miles the opposite direction to play there. Now Canyon has a new high school (West Plains) that will play there that's 10 miles away and for all intent and purposes might as well be in Amarillo ISD with the location. Fun times.
                                Buffalo Bowl, aka Kimbrough, now known as Happy State Bank Stadium is 2.8 miles from the (BS)2. So they spent about $13.5 million a mile for the new one.

I believe CISD runs all the schools in Randall county, even though they may be in Amarillo.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X