Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is your best choice??

Let's assume, yes I know what happens when you assume something, that Coach Hughes's days are numbered. I'm not sure that is the case, if it is,
    who would be a suitable replacement?? Let's stipulate that the candidate must have D2 head coaching experience. Who and why??
    The Great White Buffalo has Returned

Originally posted by Great White Buffalo View Post
    Let's assume, yes I know what happens when you assume something, that Coach Hughes's days are numbered. I'm not sure that is the case, if it is,
    who would be a suitable replacement?? Let's stipulate that the candidate must have D2 head coaching experience. Who and why??

Phil Vigil??? from WNMU
    Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink whatever comes out?"

Comment

I still think Hughes will be retained if he goes 6-5. Remember to "lower your expectations".

That being said, I like the WOU coach. Of course a return of Don Carthel would be ideal, but that would mean a new AD.

Comment

Originally posted by WT_TKW View Post
        I still think Hughes will be retained if he goes 6-5. Remember to "lower your expectations".

That being said, I like the WOU coach. Of course a return of Don Carthel would be ideal, but that would mean a new AD.
        Don would not return. Even if begged and paid an FCS salary.

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post

Don would not return. Even if begged and paid an FCS salary.
          Have you spoken to him about it? He's not getting any younger but he would still be great.

Begging could be arranged.

Comment

Originally posted by WT_TKW View Post

Have you spoken to him about it? He's not getting any younger but he would still be great.

Begging could be arranged.
            See DM

Comment

I would take a look at Roy Thompson.

Comment

I don’t see Ferg from WOU going anywhere. His kid is frosh QB at Portland State and he’s not successful or charismatic enough.

Comment

For Humboldt State HC Rob Smith.

Comment

Originally posted by QB11111 View Post
                    For Humboldt State HC Rob Smith.
                    Maybe third time would be a charm for Smith. The last two schools he coached discontinued football.

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post

Maybe third time would be a charm for Smith. The last two schools he coached discontinued football.
                      The guy has built some amazing teams.

Still burned that WWU dropped football. They were a huge rivalry.

Last year they played was 2008. It was the 101st meeting between the two schools.

Comment

Originally posted by Runnin' Cat View Post

The guy has built some amazing teams.

Still burned that WWU dropped football. They were a huge rivalry.

Last year they played was 2008. It was the 101st meeting between the two schools.
                        I wonder if he'd go back after HSU...

Comment

Josh Lynn

Comment

Maybe a current head coach from region 1 that has had sustained playoff success with little to no scholarships to work with?

Is the NE 10 still little to no scholarship?

cwfenn could probably elaborate more on the coacches up there and if the pay would be a substantial increase along with no state tax here.

Comment

The best choice for WT would be a new president. Complete vacuum in leadership at WT right now. It ain’t good.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X