Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by tsull View Post
    Not sure why CWU shouldn't lose to WOU as stated above. CWU is average this year. The competition is greater with the Texas schools, they're hitting reality. I thought both WOU and CWU looked bad in Ellensburg, I wasn't wowed by CWU ... was I supposed to be? They're just not that good, they're average ... like WOU this year. Glasper or no Glasper, they're average.
    Tim, you are the one that coined the phrase "annual beatdown".

CWU is average this year. We got spoiled with some success and expect more. Simple as that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Runnin' Cat View Post

Tim, you are the one that coined the phrase "annual beatdown".

CWU is average this year. We got spoiled with some success and expect more. Simple as that.
      Yep, last two games I've seen in Ellensburg, WOU won, so I'm retiring the annual beatdown moniker. I saw two very average teams in E-burg this year. Like all sports, success is temporary, the Yankees just got swept and the Lakers are currently 0-4.

Comment

• Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post

Hahaha.

What's funny is I had this same conversation with a co-worker and said the exact same thing to me.

I also told him I couldn't stand leave it to beaver because my grandfather would watch reruns all the time.

He started laughing and told me he didn't like that show either.
        Leave It To Beaver was a great show. I watched it this morning on MeTV. Eddie Haskell, King Troublemaker.

​​​​​​
        Go Mustangs!

Comment

• Originally posted by ASUPops View Post

Awesome!!!

Y'all are like the Jefferson's! Movin' on up!
          Great show! Florence always had great comebacks. :)

Go Mustangs!

Comment

• WT/Wersten NM could be an interesting game. On paper WT should win. That means nothing to this WT team. They could make the long drive to Silver City and lay an egg. Western has a proven pass game. Will the WT D get pressure on the QB and be able to defend? Will the WT O be able to put up 30 + points and outscore Western?

Comment

• Originally posted by WT_TKW View Post

Wrong. Not a single drink or anything stronger than a Hall's cough drop.
              Ahhhh.....ODing on menthol!!

Comment

• Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post
                WT/Wersten NM could be an interesting game. On paper WT should win. That means nothing to this WT team. They could make the long drive to Silver City and lay an egg. Western has a proven pass game. Will the WT D get pressure on the QB and be able to defend? Will the WT O be able to put up 30 + points and outscore Western?
                WT will finish 8-3 as you predicted. I predicted 9-2. So, they are playing just as expected. Should the cards fall right, WT will make the playoffs.

It appears as thought WT is getting better each week. That is very good, especially heading into the plsy-offs.

Comment

WT will finish 8-3 as you predicted. I predicted 9-2. So, they are playing just as expected. Should the cards fall right, WT will make the playoffs.

It appears as thought WT is getting better each week. That is very good, especially heading into the plsy-offs.
                  Are you counting the WOU outing in this? 707

Comment

• Ouachita Baptist plays tonight, great running game and a fun to listen to radio PBP guy. They way they've been playing, you'll hear "to the promised land" quite a bit.
                    Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink whatever comes out?"

Comment

• Originally posted by WT_TKW View Post

Are you counting the WOU outing in this? 707
                      Absolutely not.

My two picked losses were to Angelo & CWU.

My ENTIRE opinion on the former GNAC teams was based on the talk from the CWU posters. based on their chat, I thought CWU would be a LSC championship contender and Western Oregon was a mediocre team, at best. Hence my picks & predictions.

Unfortunately, that has NOT been the case so far. CWU is a 1/2 step above mediocre, sitting at .571. Maybe they finish strong and prove to be better than what they have shown so far.

I did not imagine WT losing to TAMUK or WOU in any scenario. Now, to be fair, WT GAVE that game to TAMUK. SMDH.

Comment

Absolutely not.

My two picked losses were to Angelo & CWU.

My ENTIRE opinion on the former GNAC teams was based on the talk from the CWU posters. based on their chat, I thought CWU would be a LSC championship contender and Western Oregon was a mediocre team, at best. Hence my picks & predictions.

Unfortunately, that has NOT been the case so far. CWU is a 1/2 step above mediocre, sitting at .571. Maybe they finish strong and prove to be better than what they have shown so far.

I did not imagine WT losing to TAMUK or WOU in any scenario. Now, to be fair, WT GAVE that game to TAMUK. SMDH.
                        Heh, CWU isn't playing as well as last year. Combination of injuries and graduations has held them back.

Comment

• Originally posted by IronOre View Post

Heh, CWU isn't playing as well as last year. Combination of injuries and graduations has held them back.
                          Ok. I was just saying I was unfamiliar with CWU and based everything off of the talk coming from CWU fans.

No slight intended at all. I apoligize if it came off that way.

Comment

Ok. I was just saying I was unfamiliar with CWU and based everything off of the talk coming from CWU fans.

No slight intended at all. I apoligize if it came off that way.
                            Last year CWU took Angelo State to the wire and that was with Lemming at QB. They beat MSU who was playing much better last year and as I recall won the LSC. We all expected CWU to be a contender this year and they're struggling. I think it's due mostly to loss of skill players on both sides of the ball to graduation, compounded by injuries.

Comment

Last year CWU took Angelo State to the wire and that was with Lemming at QB. They beat MSU who was playing much better last year and as I recall won the LSC. We all expected CWU to be a contender this year and they're struggling. I think it's due mostly to loss of skill players on both sides of the ball to graduation, compounded by injuries.
                              Lest you forget, you were not the only team shorthanded for that game. ASU won that game with their backup QB and a 3rd team freshman RB.

Comment

Angelo basically lost its OL. Girsch had to rebuild in a few months.

The moral of the story......EVERYONE faces losses every season be it graduation, injuries, transfer portal.

All I know is this is football, and ANYTHING can happen at any time.

Angelo is not a shoe in as many suggest. Girsch is taking every team seriously and one week, one game at a time. The biggest GOY for Angelo is THIS week against SFU.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X