Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Herb Street View Post

Let’s be the largest D3 school in the country so we can play Langston and Taber College every Saturday!
    Remember they are decreasing enrollment not increasing. ;)

Unfortunately, most WT "fans" aren't going to notice the difference between Langston and Incarnate Word.

It would take a ton of advertising to get that message out if they remotely considered D1 and that hasn't happened since Carthel left.

D3 would be easy just let WT continue the course.

I feel like a boomer talking about the good old days when WT home games were full and away games were broadcasted on KAMR.

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post

Remember they are decreasing enrollment not increasing. ;)

Unfortunately, most WT "fans" aren't going to notice the difference between Langston and Incarnate Word.

It would take a ton of advertising to get that message out if they remotely considered D1 and that hasn't happened since Carthel left.

D3 would be easy just let WT continue the course.

I feel like a boomer talking about the good old days when WT home games were full and away games were broadcasted on KAMR.
      The "good old days."

I can remember the 70's, 80's, 90's, early 2000's, when the occasional good team was wedged between multiple mediocre to terrible football teams. Some years sitting in Kimbrough with 4,000 to 5,000 other suffering diehards. And being one of 2,000 (or less) still around at game's end. The "good old days" you are referring to aren't very old. I guess perspective is in the eye of the beholder.

This was my 53rd season to watch WT football, since 1968. I always see next season as a potential "good old day!"
      Last edited by BuffaloChip; 11-23-2022, 01:12 PM.

Comment

I wonder if the 26 year old HC at East Central will apply? His team's playing Kingsville in the Heritage Bowl. His name was thrown out here a few weeks ago. Moving from East Central to WT is a move UP.

Dorrel at UCO was mentioned as someone McB should go after (and I wholeheartedly agree). Is UCO to WT a move UP? Lateral move at best. (I think) WT would have to open up their salary checkbook and make sure that FB is fully funded before Dorrel would be interested in moving. One big goodie Dorrel would have at WT........a much easier conference to win in, top-to-bottom. The LSC is not the MIAA.

Comment

Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post
          I wonder if the 26 year old HC at East Central will apply? His team's playing Kingsville in the Heritage Bowl. His name was thrown out here a few weeks ago. Moving from East Central to WT is a move UP.

Dorrel at UCO was mentioned as someone McB should go after (and I wholeheartedly agree). Is UCO to WT a move UP? Lateral move at best. (I think) WT would have to open up their salary checkbook and make sure that FB is fully funded before Dorrel would be interested in moving. One big goodie Dorrel would have at WT........a much easier conference to win in, top-to-bottom. The LSC is not the MIAA.
          Looks like Dorrel has somewhat turned things around in year 1 at UCO. Beat his hometown team in NW and finished with a 6-5 record after they finished the previous year losing 4 straight.

I’d say Mcbroom ought to bring in the brinks truck and go after him. WT has better facilities and has put a huge amount of funds and backing into the program as of late. Certainly the conference is not as loaded. This would be a huge hire for WT in my opinion

Comment

East Central Coach WT has a shot.

Dorrel is a pipe dream.

They have good facilities at UCO and the MIAA is a better and more stable conference than the LSC.

Another reason how you know WT has gone down the crapper is that UCO is now considered an upgrade from WT.

Comment

Originally posted by Buffan78 View Post

Have to agree where has the University gone since Wendler has been there in fact , I graduated in 1978, enrollment was around 8000 now all these years later just 10,000 new leadership all around.. all these schools smaller then WT moving to D1.
              This site shows WT enrollment at 7,299
              ASU 6,136
              CWU 9,228
              ENMU 6,015
              MSU 6,102
              SFU 36,000
              TAMUK 7,106
              UTPB 7,628
              WNMU 2,751
              WT 7,299
              WOU 4,889

Average excluding largest and smallest outliers is 6,800.
              Last edited by SPWOU; 11-23-2022, 03:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SPWOU View Post

ASU 6,136
                CWU 9,228
                ENMU 6,015
                MSU 6,102
                SFU 36,000
                TAMUK 7,106
                UTPB 7,628
                WNMU 2,751
                WT 7,299
                WOU 4,889

CWU is over 10k now, I think. Kinda funny the biggest and smallest are both GNAC schools.

Comment

Originally posted by IronOre View Post

CWU is over 10k now, I think. Kinda funny the biggest and smallest are both GNAC schools.
                  Close, but the other Western (WNMU - 2,751) is about half the size of WOU (4,889), according to ties numbers.

Comment

Originally posted by texcap View Post

Close, but the other Western (WNMU - 2,751) is about half the size of WOU (4,889), according to ties numbers.
                    My eyes slid right past WNMU.

Comment

ASU 6,136
                      CWU 9,228
                      ENMU 6,015
                      MSU 6,102
                      SFU 36,000
                      TAMUK 7,106
                      UTPB 7,628
                      WNMU 2,751
                      WT 7,299
                      WOU 4,889

Wt enrollment for the fall of 2021 was around 9,500
                      The Great White Buffalo has Returned

Comment

I hope a concerned group of boosters, fans, and financial supporters of the university and athletics will soon come together and force some changes in either the outlook of our leadership or even pressure A&M for a change in leadership. As I asked earlier; where does WT see itself in 20 years? The same as it is now? 10,000 students? D3? Or a vibrant 18,000-20,000 FCS D1 school? With additional doctoral programs? Perhaps even a research university designation in fields like agriculture?

It's a lot harder to raise awareness and money for a local D2 school than a regional D1 university that sits right smack dab in the middle of the Texas panhandle with no one but Tx Tech 100 miles to the south.
                        Well, IF they are cutting scholarships then they are completely closing the door on D1, a definitive NO.

NEXT.

Comment

ASU 6,136
                          CWU 9,228
                          ENMU 6,015
                          MSU 6,102
                          SFU 36,000
                          TAMUK 7,106
                          UTPB 7,628
                          WNMU 2,751
                          WT 7,299
                          WOU 4,889

Angelo is 10,775

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post

Angelo is 10,775
                            That is a misleading number, despite being touted by many at ASU. It includes a lot (3,000+) dual credit high schools students that are taking courses through ASU but are not on ASU’s campus,

Comment

Hold up, SFU has 36,000 students?
                              dang

Comment

WT needs a head coach with strong Texas ties to improve recruiting.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X