Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Buff90 View Post
    Justin Deason. We need to get him before Commerce does. Very good defensive guy and tremendous man of character
    Deas is an awesome guy and would crush it at WT.

Comment

• Is there any chance someone has info on who we are looking at?
      josh Lynn. Justin Deason Gary Patterson ?

Comment

• Originally posted by ASUPops

That's impossible.

Bruh, 11 personnel means 1 RB 1 TE formation.

That play you posted is a 12 personnel, and a 21 personnel, etc.

But yes, they can run options.
        No the play I posted had a single tight end and a single RB. They used the single wide receiver(line up off the line) off the TE side in motion to be the pitch man.

The first play was 11 personel
        I have fat thumbs sorry for typos!

Comment

• Originally posted by Boohaha View Post

No the play I posted had a single tight end and a single RB. They used the single wide receiver(line up off the line) off the TE side in motion to be the pitch man.
          Yes, you are correct. I went back and looked. The 1st play was from 11 personnel.

Comment

• Originally posted by Boohaha View Post

The first play was 11 personel
            Their offense is ranked 21st. Their run offense is ranked 18th.

Comment

• Originally posted by texcap View Post

Almost correct.

Coach Wagner was fired almost at the end of the 2018 season after ASU beat ENMU, making them 6-4 up to that point in the season, following a three game winning streak.

ASU still had one more game left in the regular season (Commerce), which ASU lost, and subsequently went to a bowl game after that Commerce game, which ASU also lost to Central Oklahoma, finishing the year at 6-6.

Most people close to the program felt that halfway through the season that Wagner was in hot water, especially with a 3-4 record, but then ASU reeled off 3 straight wins to put the team at 6-4 going into the last regular season game at Commerce.

While it was a long shot to beat Commerce in that final game, if it did happen and then if ASU won that bowl game they would have been 8-4 on the year, and that would have made it pretty awkward to fire a coach that just went 8-4 with a bowl win.

I think the potential of ASU winning out and making the season look half way decent was the reason the administration fired him following a three game winning streak and after winning the ENMU game.

The timing of his firing was pretty shocking to those on the team, the coaching staff, and those close to the team that were not in the decision making process.

Note: This is not based on anything that anyone within or outside of the program has told me; just my observations, from fairly close range.
              Maybe this is the guy you want at WT, someone with history and something to prove, it would make the WT vs ASU game have a little more weight to it regardless of either teams record.

Comment

• Originally posted by ASUPops View Post

Their offense is ranked 21st. Their run offense is ranked 18th.
                I follow alot of "option" groups and coaches the reason Ferris is/was creating buzz is they were getting the same concepts and play types in out of traditional spread looks like the 1st play.
                I have fat thumbs sorry for typos!

Comment

• Originally posted by WT_TKW View Post
                  Wasn’t Wagner fired from ASU during the season? What is the story on that?
                  He was fired with one game eft in the season and on the same night, Senior Night, that Angelo beat ENMU.

The decision was made after the embarrassing loss to WTAMU on Homecoming. WT was supposed to be an easy win. That was the year ENMU shutout WT 28-0.

The termination was going to happen the next week, but Angelo won 44-20 against UTPB.

So, it was then going to happen the next week,but Angelo beat down Adams State 59-20.

Then after ENMU embarrassed WT, it was figured they would beat Angelo......nope. Angelo won again, 34-17.

May went ahead and terminated him. It was a huge risk. And very difficult because everyone liked Wag....even Dr. May. He really, really liked Wag. However, he wanted Angelo to be in a position to compete in the national play-offs. So he took a shot on Girsch.

Like was already stated, Wags 2014 Rams would have dominated the 2022 LSC and Region 4. So, he DOES know how to win.

I personally would love to see him at the helm for the Buffs.
                  Last edited by ASUPops; 12-07-2022, 12:57 AM.

Comment

• Let’s get Deason now! Commerce just went nuts. Hired a coach with no 11 man experience. Bring him in McBroom

Comment

• Has WT already settled on a head football coach?

A guy close to the program made a Facebook post to "prepare for some very exciting news on the Buffalo Football front"

Didn't know if this actually meant anything and just the normal cookie cutter response.

Comment

• Come to think of it, I'd prefer if Wag became the UTPB HC. That would be an amazing job for him and the perfect place he and his family.

They are a young program without all the baggage and it's all upside for him.

I truly hope he gets the UTPB job!!!!

Comment

• Commerce just hired an arena league coach for their position…

https://lionathletics.com/news/2022/...all-coach.aspx

Didn’t the Buffs get Carthel from one? I know he was a college coach prior and was at enmu

Comment

• Originally posted by TheBigShow22 View Post
                            Commerce just hired an arena league coach for their position…

https://lionathletics.com/news/2022/...all-coach.aspx

Didn’t the Buffs get Carthel from one? I know he was a college coach prior and was at enmu
                            Yeah, TERRIBLE hire, IMO! WTH are they thinking? Dolezel has never coached a day in any college program or outside of Arena football.

So.....he is going from a life time coaching career on a 50 yd x 25 yd football field with 8 players on each side of the ball, and managing a 20 man roster GCS football??? Not to mention different rules, different schemes, and even different equipment. How does ZERO time coaching regular FOOTBALL equate to successfully coaching & managing REAL football. SMDH.

What about recruiting??? Who wants to play for such a coach? I would not let my kid play for such an inexperienced coach, especially at FCS level.

Bailiff had a .639 winning pct at TAMUC, why in the world would they part ways????

TAMUC went from a DII powerhouse and gaining national exposure to becoming just another unknown. And all this in a few years. SMDH. The admin has killed this program.

I would be LIVID if I were an alum.

I hope this hire turns out to be the most genius move in football history. Buy I just don't see it.

As far as Carthel. He coached 1 season for a minor league indoor football team in Amarillo.
                            Last edited by ASUPops; 12-07-2022, 05:39 PM.

Comment

• Can we get Donnie Carthel ? Yes I’m fine with booting mcbroom and our president

Comment

• Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post
                                Has WT already settled on a head football coach?

A guy close to the program made a Facebook post to "prepare for some very exciting news on the Buffalo Football front"

Didn't know if this actually meant anything and just the normal cookie cutter response.
                                I also heard it could be as soon as next week. Whom? I haven't a clue.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X