Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Herb Street View Post

I have a source who works in admin for the prez and the cfo. Can’t say much more or I’ll lose him/her as a source. Football is at 27. And there’s a sentiment to keep cutting. A battle could be brewing though.
    Cut executive salaries and put the money toward students. ;)

Comment

• Originally posted by Brandon View Post

Cut executive salaries and put the money toward students. ;)
      Then that defeats the entire reason for "higher education". It's a mere money machine that employs those that otherwise can't earn a living. You know, same as the government.
      Last edited by ASUPops; 12-13-2022, 04:59 PM. Reason: Spelling error

Comment

• Originally posted by ASUPops View Post

WT needs a NEW, EXCITING, INNOVATIVE coach. Not a rinse and repeat coach. It's time for REAL CHANGE.
        Yes this is true, but does our AD have the ability to identify new talent? Does our AD have confidence in his decision making after two mis hires? Is our AD plan to poach a already proven coach?

Comment

• The AD’s coach-hire track record is as good as you will find. Hard to judge football when the program isn’t fully funded. Unrealistic expectations.

Hard to win a gun fight with a pellet gun.

Comment

The AD’s coach-hire track record is as good as you will find. Hard to judge football when the program isn’t fully funded. Unrealistic expectations.

Pueblo won the national championship and beat WT several times while below the then RMAC limit of 28 scholarships. It's very easy to judge WT football right now, it sucks. WT is losing to teams that aren't near fully funded so I'm not sure that's at all the issue. Zero reason they can't compete for a playoff spot even if they're at 27 scholarships, the LSC has one good team.

Comment

Then that defeats the entire reason for "higher education". It's a mear money machine that employs those that otherwise can't earn a living. You know, same as the government.
              I feel attacked. :D

Comment

The AD’s coach-hire track record is as good as you will find. Hard to judge football when the program isn’t fully funded. Unrealistic expectations.

Mostly true but lack of scholarships doesn't cover up the poor game management that led to 3 last minute defeats and a playoff spot.

Comment

Then that defeats the entire reason for "higher education". It's a mear money machine that employs those that otherwise can't earn a living. You know, same as the government.
                  LOL!!!!! Spot on!!!! That is the problem with schools even at the larger High Schools. TOO TOP HEAVY.

Comment

• Originally posted by Techster88 View Post

LOL!!!!! Spot on!!!! That is the problem with schools even at the larger High Schools. TOO TOP HEAVY.
                    I read an article years ago about the skyrocketing cost of a college education. It was due to too many administrators. Guys like diversity and inclusion officers. We seem to have a lot of assistant ADs too.

When I was at WT we were treated like adults and the school expected us to act appropriately.

Comment

A&M will just appoint another retiree. That's what they've been doing since they took over WT. The WT president job is for guys preparing to be put out to pasture. John Sharp and A&M don't give two farts about WT.
                      John Sharp cares about two things right now outside the main campus in Collie Station

1) Tarleton State- This is aggy's answer to UTSA and UTA for UT-Austin.

2) The Rellis Campus which is adjacent to the main campus in Collie Station which is a Vocational School in conjunction with Blinn.

Comment

I have a source who works in admin for the prez and the cfo. Can’t say much more or I’ll lose him/her as a source. Football is at 27. And there’s a sentiment to keep cutting. A battle could be brewing though.
                        That's going to work real well for WTAM. Word is scholarships were cut around 10 years ago at TAMUK by the AD at the time when the enrollment was actually INCREASING meaning more money was actually available to fund them due to being funded largely by student fees. Look what it got the Javs

Comment

• It's Lynn

Comment

• Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post

Mostly true but lack of scholarships doesn't cover up the poor game management that led to 3 last minute defeats and a playoff spot.

Could be why they made a coaching change? I guess I'm not understanding. The coach didn't win enough games. He got fired. Is that not what WT was supposed to do? So you pick another coach, he either performs or he gets fired. Nothing real magical or mysterious here. Nesbitt was hired two weeks before the season. Were there really any other options? Hunter Hughes was hired off of a D2 national championship team. Was that not a logical choice? Were the men's basketball coach and volleyball coach not assistants at other good programs? I guess I'm lost.

Comment

Then don't fight!!!

🖐🏼🎤

Comment

• Originally posted by Turbonium View Post

Pueblo won the national championship and beat WT several times while below the then RMAC limit of 28 scholarships. It's very easy to judge WT football right now, it sucks. WT is losing to teams that aren't near fully funded so I'm not sure that's at all the issue. Zero reason they can't compete for a playoff spot even if they're at 27 scholarships, the LSC has one good team.
                                So does the RMAC. Just sayin'.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X