Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WT_TKW View Post
    We need the Ferris State coach at WT! He really knows how to adapt the team to the personnel they have. Just ask Grand Valley, annual winners
    of the Whatchamacalit award.
    He’s a Michigan lifer, doubt he’ll ever leave unless it’s for a D1 job.

Comment

• Originally posted by Great White Buffalo View Post
      The grapevine rumor is that on-campus in-person interviews are taking place next week.
      The 16th would appear to be the target date for an announcement.

This is all hearsay, along with the names floating around.
      Are there any names that can be shared on a public forum😬😬😬😬??

Comment

• Originally posted by Buff Fan 05 View Post

Are there any names that can be shared on a public forum😬😬😬😬??
        Josh Lynn—-

Comment

• Originally posted by TheBigShow22 View Post

Josh Lynn—-
          I heard Lynn just got a 3 year extension and a pay raise at Kearney effective 1 Jan. Can anyone confirm that?

Comment

• Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post

I heard Lynn just got a 3 year extension and a pay raise at Kearney effective 1 Jan. Can anyone confirm that?
            Correct. https://kearneyhub.com/sports/colleg...ec373ca82.html

Comment

• I'm still hoping that Will Wagner is the next HC at WT.

Comment

• Originally posted by WT_TKW View Post
                We need the Ferris State coach at WT! He really knows how to adapt the team to the personnel they have. Just ask Grand Valley, annual winners
                of the Whatchamacalit award.
                His offensive scheme is option based just from the gun....
                I have fat thumbs sorry for typos!

Comment

• Originally posted by Boohaha View Post

Whatever it is, it works very well. Compare to the Hughes “up the middle to mediocrity” joke.

I loved watching the All America lacrosse player start for them after not playing QB since high school. He’s a receiver with the Falcons now.

Comment

• Next coach must have Texas coaching experience for recruiting. Texas Tech learned real fast a HC from Utah couldn’t recruit Texas.

Hey remember when WT had game plans that would exploit the defense weaknesses? Now we just call plays.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rockofwesties View Post
                      I'm still hoping that Will Wagner is the next HC at WT.
                      Make your case for Will Wagner. I'm really interested in this. I've seen him around a lot. The secondary this year was riddled with injuries and had a tough time down the road. He was 48-40 in his tenure at Angelo.

In your opinion, why would Wagner be a good hire for WT?

Comment

• Hey Pops,
                        It's been brought up that Wagner would make a good hire at WT. I now he's applied. What do you think of Wagner as Hughes' replacement?

Comment

• My case for Will Wagner is his success at ASU when the LSC was a much tougher competition. He brought excitement to San Angelo with the different uniforms and he brought discipline.

he also learned under some legendary football coaches while at NWMSU, Hardin Simmons, and Odessa Permian. I think his Ram teams would dominate the current LSC.

The Odessa Permian program that Wagner was apart of was a program set up by Gene Mayfield. Mayfield brought Joe kerbel’s discipline driven program to Odessa in the 70s.

disclaimer *. I did attend Odessa Permian high 88-91

Comment

• Originally posted by Rockofwesties View Post
                            My case for Will Wagner is his success at ASU when the LSC was a much tougher competition. He brought excitement to San Angelo with the different uniforms and he brought discipline.

he also learned under some legendary football coaches while at NWMSU, Hardin Simmons, and Odessa Permian. I think his Ram teams would dominate the current LSC.

The Odessa Permian program that Wagner was apart of was a program set up by Gene Mayfield. Mayfield brought Joe kerbel’s discipline driven program to Odessa in the 70s.

disclaimer *. I did attend Odessa Permian high 88-91
                            You were a classmate of Wagner.

I wonder about his time at WT under Hughes. Did Hughes micromanage the defense and the offense. That's what I've heard from multiple sources. From that point, if true, Hughes was not a good CEO.

If Wagner were hired, it would allow him to try and keep as many of the young players on campus as possible. The transition would be less jarring. We would hope he would make good hires for his asst coaches. We would be able to keep many of the existing recruits, whom WT has already invested recruiting money on. The recruiting "board" is already up in their office.

I can see how Wagner is a very viable candidate. HC experience in the LSC. Success at ASU. Success at NWMS. Already in place. More seamless transition. Probably could get him for less salary than it would take to bring in a successful coach from another program. I hear he and his family love living in the Amarillo/Canyon area and DO NOT want to leave. Bundled together, these make a good case for Wagner as the new WT HC.
                            Last edited by BuffaloChip; 12-05-2022, 04:41 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheBigShow22 View Post

Josh Lynn—-
                              Negative

Comment

• Originally posted by Boohaha View Post

Pistol or Gun, most running plays are option based. But it is not an "Option" offense.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X