• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TheBigShow22 View Post

Josh Lynn—-
    Back to my original comment! Josh Lynn!

Comment

• Originally posted by BuffAlum99 View Post
      Hearing that Josh Lynn from UN-Kearney is the favorite to be WTs next HFBC. Should be announced by Wednesday
      Yeah, didn’t he JUST sign a new contract at Kearney last week?

Comment

• The article linked in this thread is dated December 2021 on the Lynn extension

Comment

• If chosen as the next HC at WT, Lynn has already proven to be better than the last two hires and that is even before he has coached one game. Regardless of the offense he runs he is a proven winner something that has been sorely lacking in WT football. Now, show Methuselah posing as the WT President the door.

Comment

• You mean you didn't want this guy back

https://riderangersride.com/news/202...-football.aspx

Comment

• Originally posted by Techster88 View Post
              If chosen as the next HC at WT, Lynn has already proven to be better than the last two hires and that is even before he has coached one game. Regardless of the offense he runs he is a proven winner something that has been sorely lacking in WT football. Now, show Methuselah posing as the WT President the door.
              I believe a lot of non-WT D2 fans would love Josh Lynn to be the guy hired at WT to lead their program. What they don't want is another juggernaut HC like Carthel.

Comment

• Unfortunately most coaches who have success at ENMU (all sports) end up leaving and have a great deal more success where ever they go. If you are a career .500 or better coach at ENMU you can do really big things at a place with resources. Remember Carthel was just above .500 during his time at ENMU and known for playing "sisters of the poor" non conference schedules and like you said he was a juggernaut at WT with resources.

Comment

• Originally posted by Techster88 View Post
                  Now, show Methuselah posing as the WT President the door.
                  A&M will just appoint another retiree. That's what they've been doing since they took over WT. The WT president job is for guys preparing to be put out to pasture. John Sharp and A&M don't give two farts about WT.

Comment

• Originally posted by ASUPops View Post

I believe a lot of non-WT D2 fans would love Josh Lynn to be the guy hired at WT to lead their program. What they don't want is another juggernaut HC like Carthel.
                    So in your opinion not a good hire if it is in fact him? I have no opinions on it other than he has won at both his last two jobs with less resources. Now I admit the offense would be hard for me to get excited about.

Comment

• Originally posted by Buff Fan 05 View Post

So in your opinion not a good hire if it is in fact him? I have no opinions on it other than he has won at both his last two jobs with less resources. Now I admit the offense would be hard for me to get excited about.
                      For a solid 6-5 or 7-4 annual record, with an occasional 8-3.....then yes a good hire.

WT football issues appear not to be coaching. They appear to be administration.

I mean IF the 27 football scholarships rumor is correct, then you should not expect to ever be a serious national contender.....heck maybe never even a LSC contender. And any talk of moving up to FCS would be a joke.

EDIT: I really like Coach Lynn. He is a really good guy and a solid coach, but not in the current WT environment. I think he should wait for a better opportunity with a very supportive administration.

Comment

For a solid 6-5 or 7-4 annual record, with an occasional 8-3.....then yes a good hire.

I mean IF the 27 football scholarships rumor is correct, then you should not expect to ever be a serious national contender.....heck maybe never even a LSC contender. And any talk of moving up to FCS would be a joke.

EDIT: I really like Coach Lynn. He is a really good guy and a solid coach, but not in the current WT environment. I think he should wait for a better opportunity with a very supportive administration.
                        A lot of it was coaching with 3 late game collapses and woefully underprepared against SF.

A lot of it is the current president.

Totally agree 100% with your assessment of not being a serious contender.

I like Coach Lynn but my concern is WT will be fine with adopting the ENMU blueprint of running a mediocre offense with mediocre players calling it a success posting 8-3 seasons.

It does give me hope that he parlayed a playoff appearance and win in the MIAA with those heavyweights.

Comment

• Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post

A lot of it was coaching with 3 late game collapses and woefully underprepared against SF.

A lot of it is the current president.

Totally agree 100% with your assessment of not being a serious contender.

I like Coach Lynn but my concern is WT will be fine with adopting the ENMU blueprint of running a mediocre offense with mediocre players calling it a success posting 8-3 seasons.

It does give me hope that he parlayed a playoff appearance and win in the MIAA with those heavyweights.
                          WT needs a NEW, EXCITING, INNOVATIVE coach. Not a rinse and repeat coach. It's time for REAL CHANGE.

Comment

I really wish I could confirm the scholarship count at WT. Been some conflicting statements on here with some saying it's fully funded. It would be crazy to think a nice new stadium was built only to limit scholarships

Comment

• Originally posted by Buff Fan 05 View Post

I really wish I could confirm the scholarship count at WT. Been some conflicting statements on here with some saying it's fully funded. It would be crazy to think a nice new stadium was built only to limit scholarships
                              I have a source who works in admin for the prez and the cfo. Can’t say much more or I’ll lose him/her as a source. Football is at 27. And there’s a sentiment to keep cutting. A battle could be brewing though.

Comment

• Originally posted by Herb Street View Post

I have a source who works in admin for the prez and the cfo. Can’t say much more or I’ll lose him/her as a source. Football is at 27. And there’s a sentiment to keep cutting. A battle could be brewing though.
                                When did WT create a CFO position? I thought they just had a VP of B&F.

I learn something new each day.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X